Fairfax, VA

Posted October 01, 2014
My daughter started Kindergarten last year and has had a great experience so far. She loves the teachers and the staff.

Posted July 24, 2014
My child attended Lees Corner from 2007 to 2013, and had a wonderful experience. Students have multiple teachers in 5th and 6th grades, as the specialize in subject matter those years. With one exception, all of her teachers were outstanding and understanding. The office staff was very helpful, and the PTA members whom I encountered were always ready to listen and assist. No one and no school is perfect, but I highly recommend LCES. Since Mr. D'Amato's arrival a few years ago, he has added so much to the school from the standpoint of instructional program upgrades and physical facility improvements. This school is a proponent of Respect, Collaboration, Excellence!

Lees Corner Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2014
Great School! great teachers and the principal is wonderful. The only thing I have to complain about is the office staff is awful and rude.

Posted January 15, 2013
It's a very good school with a good teachers :) Happy to see my son is having fun and doing excellent job in the same time. I think Mr. D'Amato is doing very good job.

Posted December 12, 2012
its good but they should ask what students .want not but 6 TV's just two show pictures and cut funds for the six grade party i think mrs.D' amato does not know how to save mony or spend it hopefuly he see's this review

Posted April 27, 2012
What a breath of fresh air! Awesome new leadership has brought this school alive. Parent involvement and the PTA has always been excellent but there is a new, positive energy in the school thanks to Mr. D'Amato. I am very pleased to see how far this new leadership takes the school and happy that my 3 kids will be there for the next 4-7 years!

Posted April 17, 2011
Teachers are strict with rules, students really learn and grow. My son had lots of fun in KG. Thanks.

Lees Corner Elementary School 2

Posted December 01, 2010
We have NO idea how this school is rated so highly. Our experience with children in two other Fairfax county schools has been wonderful, but we are deeply disappointed with Lees Corner. Management seems to be missing, and the teacher we must deal with is disinterested and unresponsive - not to mention repeatedly absent. The situation at pickup time is chaotic and many children are acting out, clearly due to poor management. The teacher does not respond to simple email, saying to send a written note. Written notes are either ignored or a vague non-answer appears two+ weeks later. No in-class volunteers are welcomed, although other Fairfax schools have excellent experience with parent involvement. At best, parent volunteers are seemingly used as copy-machine gophers. We recently purchased a home and relocated, in part because of this "excellent" school. We are very sorely disappointed and wished we'd stayed with the previous Fairfax Co. school that really IS excellent.

Posted April 30, 2010
because it helps kids in soo many ways a fun and exciting plzce to be

Posted February 21, 2010
I have kids at this school and I have to say that all the teachers that we have had have been wonderful. They know what they are doing and the teacher turnover is very low (they seem to only leave when they are moving out of the area). The parents are very involved and volunteer a lot which gives the teachers even more time to concentrate on the kids. The PTA is always looking to get as many parents involved as possible. The principal has always been available to talk whenever I've had a concern. Great school!

Lees Corner Elementary School
13500 Hollinger Ave, Fairfax, VA  22033
Last modified Lees Corner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lees Corner Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top