1-8|Private

Bad
Good

My children have been attending MSHR since 2007. My youngest child started started at Children's House, the preschool campus of MSHR. It was such a huge improvement from his last preschool, it made me rethink the experience my older son was having in the Falls Church City Public school system. I decided to pull my older son from public school and start him at MSHR for first grade. It was one of the best decisions I have made for my children. I never intended to keep my children in private school as we live in a very good school district, but I found Montessori to be a very good fit for our family. Last year my oldest son graduated from the Middle School program. I had not planned on keeping him at MSHR for Middle School, as I thought it was too small and would limit his peer group. As he approached the difficult middle school (teen) years, I discovered that limiting his peer group was a advantage and helped him to mature. He had plenty of friends both in and out of school, but he was able to avoid some of the peer pressure and bullying that comes from a larger less controlled environment. He was able to get individual attention from his teacher, but at the same time was allowed to be independent. He is now a Freshman at Paul VI High School and is doing very well. His younger brother will graduate from MSHR middle school this year and join him at PVI. I am very proud of both my boys and I feel that MSHR has done a great job preparing them for the bigger world and the rest of their academic career.

Montessori School of Holmes Run is fantastic!! My son is 3 and has been at Children's House since the second summer session this past summer. We tried another Montessori preschool before discovering MSHR and the postive difference in my son since he has been at Holmes Run is astounding!!! The teachers are very caring and are partient in answering parental questions, even from an inexperienced "school mom" such as myself. The PTO is welcoming and knowledgable. My husband and I are impressed with the quality of education even the youngest children receive.

MSHR is a FANTASTIC school! If you are looking for a true Montessori education for your child, this is absolutely the place. I have two children in the school. My older child started at age 3 in their Children's House, and is now in 2nd Grade at their Upper School. My younger child, age 3, is in the Children's House preschool program. I am amazed every day at the work they are doing. My older child is doing long division in the 2nd grade! Your child works at their own pace, guided by expert Montessori teachers who truly care. My older child was briefly in another preschool before we found MSHR and needless to say, it was awful. The "teachers" were inexperienced and it was a chaotic environment. When we made the switch to MSHR, we were amazed at the serene environment that they manage to create. We sent our older child to a summer program at a fancy, expensive school in the area this past summer, and while the facilities were amazing and the staff was nice, my son every day told me how much he just wanted to go back to his school. That pretty much says it all. If you want a school that your child will want to go to everyday, MSHR is the place.

This is an excellent school! Don't let the builiding fool you for the Elementary/MS programs. Yes, it is an older building but look past that and you will find a school that cares about your child and family with wonderful and qualified Montessori teachers. If you are looking for a quality Montessori education for your child, then this is the school for you! I have two children at the school, one at the CH and one at the US in the Lower Elementary program.

My son has been with this Montessory school for 3 years, and he is now in the first grade. He know most of the first grade academic program, he was tought in kindergarten in this Montessory. Teachers are really great, they nurture kids strengths and polish the weaknesses in a balanced and academically appropriate way.

The staff are very supportive and treat each child and situation individually. I have 2 children attending MSHR one in 3rd grade and one in 4th grade both with very different needs. My older son has focus problems. He spent one year in public school where he was singled out for not focusing but was offered no assistance or direction. At MSHR his attention is gently redirected back to his school work and his teachers have taught him how to limit his distractions and guided him to success by giving him obtainable goals and encouragement. My younger son is very bright and needs constant challenging or he gets into trouble. The teachers have recognized this and let him go at his own pace while presenting him with new challenges when needed.The Montessori approach lets each child get what they need and gives them consistent feedback and direction. I highly recommend MSHR.

It is a great academic and emotionally balanced environment for kids. Experienced teachers providing good care of children not only in terms of knowledge building, but also developing their personal qualifications. Child-focused curriculum, many extrac actvities and overall nice environment for kids and parents. Their preschool and kindergarten is particularly great.

My kid is in MSSHR kindergarten and we have been with this school the last three years. Great experienced teachers, wide array of subjects and topics discussed in the class. Nice atmosphere and high morale in classroom and among teachers. Thanks to all for doing great job.

Last modified Montessori School of Holmes Run, Upper School Campus is a Private school that serves grades 1-8