PK-1|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted July 08, 2016
In our view the best preschool in the area for the price. Our twin boys spent 3 years there beginning at age 1.5. The teachers are very warm and nurturing. Parent population is great. Our kids made friends and learned socialization skills, had an enriching academic experience, and enjoyed their time there.

Posted June 02, 2016
Both my son and daughter attended Early Years Montessori School. This was the first preschool I toured when we moved to the area in 2010 and was impressed with the sense of calm in the classrooms. The teachers actively engaged the children and there was no chaos. Almost six years later, this still remains true. The environment is fun and nurturing. My children thrived at this school When my son entered Kindergarten in Fairfax County, he was by far one of the strongest students. This is in large part due to the scholastic preparation he received at Early Years Montessori. My daughter is on the same path as a current Early Years Montessori student. The program has several daytime options (hours of 9-12, 9-3 and 7-6) and is open year round unlike many other preschools in this area. I strongly recommend this preschool if you are in the Falls Church area.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 02, 2016
As a preschool, there is a little homework. Students do most work during classroom time.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 02, 2016
The teachers are very nurturing. My daughter was young and shy when she started and Ms. Elsie took good care of her. It's amazing to see how she has grown academically and emotionally since she started in 2013

Posted September 04, 2015
Early Years is a nurturing, enriching, safe, and gentle place for children to unlock their potential. My two children have attended Early Years for 3+ years, and they have both blossomed. My oldest child, a boy, is a typically “over-active” child who now gets in trouble in public school. At Early Years, they knew how to work with him to help him be calm, make friends, and learn. I was impressed at how the Director and teachers recognized needs and desires and adapted the curriculum to benefit the children. For instance, midway through my son’s tenure, they added weekly science and STEM to the curriculum. My son definitely loved and benefited from these hands-on activities and my daughter races home on Mondays with the take-home sheet, wanting to continue the experiments. My younger daughter watched her brother go to school every day and desperately wanted to join him. She started at Early Years as soon as she turned 2. She was too shy to go into the younger children’s classroom on her own, so she started off with her brother in the big kid’s room. The Director and teachers developed a Transition Plan for her and within a couple of weeks she was happily in the appropriate room. When my daughter started she was hardly speaking, and I had been advised to seek developmental help and speech therapy for her. Within a few weeks of starting Early Years, she let out her inner chatterbox and we could all see and finally hear her natural intelligence. That’s what Early Years does – it creates a safe and nurturing environment where children can be their best, where they receive gentle encouragement, and where learning and developing emotionally are fun. The Director gives the children real love and kindness, and staffs her school with teachers who are also gentle, safely firm, and loving. The music specialist who comes once a week is also enthusiastic and entertaining! I definitely recommend enrolling your child in Early Years Montessori School.

Posted July 01, 2015
Both my sons graduated from Early Years Montessori School this summer. I am impressed with their prekindergarten knowledge on subjects. The teachers are very caring and kind and the school is located in a safe five acre campus with easy access unlike other preschools in the area. I recommend this school highly.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 01, 2015
Both my sons just completed three years at Early Years Montessori School. My husband and I are very impressed with the development of their cognitive and intellectual abilities of both my sons. The teachers are very kind and caring and most importantly, the school is located in a safe five acre campus unlike the other preschools in the area. I recommend this school very highly.

Posted August 22, 2014
My daughter just finished attending Early Years and was incredibly happy there. She learned a lot, is well prepared for kindergarten, and adored her teachers. I plan to send my younger daughter there when she is old enough.

Early Years Montessori School 1

Posted November 29, 2013
This is a 'day care' - 'Montessori' is just the name. there is high staff turnover - good teachers have left! Other teachers do not have Montessori teaching background. I have also seen teachers completing the impressive craft work that children bring home. This is not our child's work - it is completed by teachers. the director is very very impolite - I agree on other reviews posited regarding the directors behavior and unprofessionalism.

Early Years Montessori School 1

Posted October 24, 2013
The school is not clean and does not provide hygienic environment. The hallways stink. The bathroom and potty smells through the hallways and corridors. The basement has no air circulation, ventilation or exhaust system. My child fell sick every other day - so I withdrew my child.

3241 Brush Drive, Falls Church, VA  22042
Last modified Early Years Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1