Falls Church, VA

Posted July 01, 2015
Both my sons graduated from Early Years Montessori School this summer. I am impressed with their prekindergarten knowledge on subjects. The teachers are very caring and kind and the school is located in a safe five acre campus with easy access unlike other preschools in the area. I recommend this school highly.

Early Years Montessori School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 01, 2015
Both my sons just completed three years at Early Years Montessori School. My husband and I are very impressed with the development of their cognitive and intellectual abilities of both my sons. The teachers are very kind and caring and most importantly, the school is located in a safe five acre campus unlike the other preschools in the area. I recommend this school very highly.

Posted August 22, 2014
My daughter just finished attending Early Years and was incredibly happy there. She learned a lot, is well prepared for kindergarten, and adored her teachers. I plan to send my younger daughter there when she is old enough.

Posted November 29, 2013
This is a 'day care' - 'Montessori' is just the name. there is high staff turnover - good teachers have left! Other teachers do not have Montessori teaching background. I have also seen teachers completing the impressive craft work that children bring home. This is not our child's work - it is completed by teachers. the director is very very impolite - I agree on other reviews posited regarding the directors behavior and unprofessionalism.

Posted October 24, 2013
The school is not clean and does not provide hygienic environment. The hallways stink. The bathroom and potty smells through the hallways and corridors. The basement has no air circulation, ventilation or exhaust system. My child fell sick every other day - so I withdrew my child.

Posted August 14, 2013
This School is disaster. It is very unhealthy and unclean as you can see ants and spiders inside the school. Mrs. B, the director of the school is very rude. She is not professional at all and is always ready to argue with the parents. Once you enroll your kids she will not excuse a single penny no matter what. She is very mean and selfish and lack behind creating a good relationship with the parents. Rest of the teachers are really good and take a good care of the kids. I would not recommend any parents to enroll their kids.

Early Years Montessori School 4

Posted February 16, 2013
My child is in the classroom for the oldest students and leaves after lunch (some of the other kids stay longer). My child loves it! Loves learning and has learned a lot of math and pre-reading skills (can even read some words already). The lead teacher is really great. The other teacher can seem a little cold at times (I think she is the assistant, and I think she's the one that runs the program after lunch, but I'm not sure). The school is not new and the supplies are old, but that doesn't bother me at all (but if you want to brand new school, do not come here). The price is much less than other Montessori Schools in the area. I would definitely recommend the older kids classroom (I don't know anything about the other classrooms).

Posted January 09, 2012
My daughter is in her second year at early years Montessori school. I highly recommend this school as my daughter has developed very well. The teachers are excellent. They are very caring and attentive to the individual child s needs. The curriculum is stimulating and adapts to the growing needs of each child. Most of the teachers sent their kids to the same school. The director has 30+ years as a Montessori school teacher. She is very caring, listens and attends to the growth and development of each child. My daughter loves the school and especially her teachers.

Posted December 07, 2011
This is a terrible school. We are happily at another Montessori. There is a reason that this is the most inexpensive Montessori in the area. The directress is disorganized, unprofessional, defensive. She has horrible judgment in hiring teacher assistants there. I don't feel comfortable commenting on parental involvement because we only attended the summer program and not for long....we were outta there. Please google other Montessori's in the Northern VA, Springfield or Annandale area before going to this school. Any one of them is better than this one.

Posted December 05, 2011
With all off the excellent school choices in the area, Early Years should be your absolute last resort. The fact that it's housed in a cold basement should be the first indication that something isn't right. The turn-over rate of the teachers is absolutely ridiculous. My son would have a new teacher each week. Save your money and check out the accredited Montessori school around the corner.

Early Years Montessori School
3241 Brush Drive, Falls Church, VA  22042
Last modified Early Years Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Early Years Montessori School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top