Falls Church, VA

Posted August 22, 2014
My daughter just finished attending Early Years and was incredibly happy there. She learned a lot, is well prepared for kindergarten, and adored her teachers. I plan to send my younger daughter there when she is old enough.

Posted November 29, 2013
This is a 'day care' - 'Montessori' is just the name. there is high staff turnover - good teachers have left! Other teachers do not have Montessori teaching background. I have also seen teachers completing the impressive craft work that children bring home. This is not our child's work - it is completed by teachers. the director is very very impolite - I agree on other reviews posited regarding the directors behavior and unprofessionalism.

Posted October 24, 2013
The school is not clean and does not provide hygienic environment. The hallways stink. The bathroom and potty smells through the hallways and corridors. The basement has no air circulation, ventilation or exhaust system. My child fell sick every other day - so I withdrew my child.

Posted August 14, 2013
This School is disaster. It is very unhealthy and unclean as you can see ants and spiders inside the school. Mrs. B, the director of the school is very rude. She is not professional at all and is always ready to argue with the parents. Once you enroll your kids she will not excuse a single penny no matter what. She is very mean and selfish and lack behind creating a good relationship with the parents. Rest of the teachers are really good and take a good care of the kids. I would not recommend any parents to enroll their kids.

Posted February 16, 2013
My child is in the classroom for the oldest students and leaves after lunch (some of the other kids stay longer). My child loves it! Loves learning and has learned a lot of math and pre-reading skills (can even read some words already). The lead teacher is really great. The other teacher can seem a little cold at times (I think she is the assistant, and I think she's the one that runs the program after lunch, but I'm not sure). The school is not new and the supplies are old, but that doesn't bother me at all (but if you want to brand new school, do not come here). The price is much less than other Montessori Schools in the area. I would definitely recommend the older kids classroom (I don't know anything about the other classrooms).

Posted January 09, 2012
My daughter is in her second year at early years Montessori school. I highly recommend this school as my daughter has developed very well. The teachers are excellent. They are very caring and attentive to the individual child s needs. The curriculum is stimulating and adapts to the growing needs of each child. Most of the teachers sent their kids to the same school. The director has 30+ years as a Montessori school teacher. She is very caring, listens and attends to the growth and development of each child. My daughter loves the school and especially her teachers.

Posted December 07, 2011
This is a terrible school. We are happily at another Montessori. There is a reason that this is the most inexpensive Montessori in the area. The directress is disorganized, unprofessional, defensive. She has horrible judgment in hiring teacher assistants there. I don't feel comfortable commenting on parental involvement because we only attended the summer program and not for long....we were outta there. Please google other Montessori's in the Northern VA, Springfield or Annandale area before going to this school. Any one of them is better than this one.

Posted July 25, 2011
My son attended Early Years Montessori School for the year that he was four years old, and I believe he received a great education. He learned a great deal, and the teachers gave him room to follow his passion for marine biology and wildlife while ensuring that he had a solid foundation in writing, reading, phonics, math, science, and Spanish. The teachers are very caring, nurturing, and knowledgeable, and they are very frank and forthcoming with information about my son's academic progress and areas for growth, interests, and behavior. I appreciate the school, and I feel that my son is off to a great start at kindergarten. I recommend this school!

Posted July 21, 2011
First, from the other reviews (e.g. if you do a Google search) this school is getting a completely undeserved bad rap because of a few people who may not have had great experiences. I believe I even know who a few of them are. My family and I had a very different, very positive experience with this school, and will likely send our second daughter there as well. First, one thing that can be said is that the school could use a few new toys. That said, we really liked the program and teachers. The youngest class is really more play than learning, but these are 2-3 year old kids...you can only structure the day so much for them. In the 3-4 year old class the kids are doing much more advanced things, and the room is chock full of skill-building toys and tools, all the classic Montessori objects you'd expect. In the oldest class there's a computer and more advanced things, as well as lots of books. Though "your mileage may vary", my daughter left this school reading on her own, comfortable performing in front of an audience (they have a good music program), and very artistic. She really blossomed there. The teachers do turn over a little more than ideal...hopefully that can be fixed.

Posted March 28, 2011
The school has a great program and the teachers are very attentive. It's one of the least expensive montessori schools in the area. The hours are also flexible. My child loves the activities and likes her teachers very much.

Early Years Montessori School
3241 Brush Drive, Falls Church, VA  22042
Last modified Early Years Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1
Early Years Montessori School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top