Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I email the teachers and i do talk to them. They are so aware of the students levels and areas of development. They tirelessly support the students with everything possible.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

They constantly follow up the student and contact their parents to talk about the homework

Great school with qualified and passionate teachers.

This is my daughter's first year at Glen Forest and I am very happy with the teacher and the content that my daughter is being taught and seems to be absorbing. I am however very disappointed with the lack of family involvement at the school. It's not for the schools lack of trying I think that just too many people in that schools population are temporary in the area so nobody really has that "let's take care of our community" mind frame that I believe you need to have a great school.

While initially intimidated by the incredibly diverse student and family population, we have been blown away by the quality of classroom instruction, specials, and resources. Turns out the diversity is just the icing on top of the cake. Also the PTA is making quick work of improvements. I agree this school is a gem in Fairfax County.

My children attended for only one school year and I have hated the school from day one. The front office staff is rude and unprofessional. The principal acts fake and the assistant principles look and act like Cruella Deville (101 Dalmations) The only reason we stayed is because my kids really liked their teachers. Both teachers admitted that they were unhappy there and both left at the end of the school year. I enrolled the kids this year, yet just pulled them out after 3 months. Do not send your kids here!

So far so good. No issues registering, staff was kind and helpful. We enjoyed the open house and my daughter was able to meet her knew teacher. Teacher emailed all the parents afterwards so ensure you had a way to contact her throughout the year. I'm concerned that they do not have a PTA (parents leading it moved away) considering how big the school is.

I am a minority and my son is a rising 1st grader this coming school year. He attended kindergarten at Glen Forest. My son and also my husband and I had a wonderful experience. My son kindergarten teachers was great ! We had no problems also the front office staff was always very polite and was willing to answer any questions we had. I am looking forward to another great school year.

Looking forward for my son to be attending 1st grade here. So far, we have nothing but good things to say about the teachers and staff. It seems like the PTA try their best to get parents involve. Hopefully, it will be a better result this coming school year.

Our K-teacher is not nice to the kids in her class. My daughter is complaining and is scared: her teahcer is yelling at kids and intimidates them. My child does not want to go there. We never had this problem before, though she attended 4 different day cares. Moreover, her teacher is in a way arrogant. She did not cooperate with parents and did not challenge our child enough through the academic year.

Last modified Glen Forest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.