Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Glen Forest Elementary School 3

Posted December 20, 2015
This is my daughter's first year at Glen Forest and I am very happy with the teacher and the content that my daughter is being taught and seems to be absorbing. I am however very disappointed with the lack of family involvement at the school. It's not for the schools lack of trying I think that just too many people in that schools population are temporary in the area so nobody really has that "let's take care of our community" mind frame that I believe you need to have a great school.

Glen Forest Elementary School
Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted October 14, 2015
The resources applied to keeping gifted stidents, ESL students, and students with learning or developmental disabilities in the classroom without detracting from children at other levels is unmatched.

Posted October 14, 2015
While initially intimidated by the incredibly diverse student and family population, we have been blown away by the quality of classroom instruction, specials, and resources. Turns out the diversity is just the icing on top of the cake. Also the PTA is making quick work of improvements. I agree this school is a gem in Fairfax County.

Glen Forest Elementary School 1

Posted December 05, 2014
My children attended for only one school year and I have hated the school from day one. The front office staff is rude and unprofessional. The principal acts fake and the assistant principles look and act like Cruella Deville (101 Dalmations) The only reason we stayed is because my kids really liked their teachers. Both teachers admitted that they were unhappy there and both left at the end of the school year. I enrolled the kids this year, yet just pulled them out after 3 months. Do not send your kids here!

Glen Forest Elementary School 4

Posted September 01, 2013
So far so good. No issues registering, staff was kind and helpful. We enjoyed the open house and my daughter was able to meet her knew teacher. Teacher emailed all the parents afterwards so ensure you had a way to contact her throughout the year. I'm concerned that they do not have a PTA (parents leading it moved away) considering how big the school is.

Glen Forest Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2013
I am a minority and my son is a rising 1st grader this coming school year. He attended kindergarten at Glen Forest. My son and also my husband and I had a wonderful experience. My son kindergarten teachers was great ! We had no problems also the front office staff was always very polite and was willing to answer any questions we had. I am looking forward to another great school year.

Posted August 22, 2013
Looking forward for my son to be attending 1st grade here. So far, we have nothing but good things to say about the teachers and staff. It seems like the PTA try their best to get parents involve. Hopefully, it will be a better result this coming school year.

Glen Forest Elementary School 2

Posted May 08, 2012
Our K-teacher is not nice to the kids in her class. My daughter is complaining and is scared: her teahcer is yelling at kids and intimidates them. My child does not want to go there. We never had this problem before, though she attended 4 different day cares. Moreover, her teacher is in a way arrogant. She did not cooperate with parents and did not challenge our child enough through the academic year.

Posted May 31, 2011
As a minority, neither me or my child have felt discrimination at this school. As a first-year parent at this school, I am impressed with the teaching skills of my child's 3rd grade teachers. They quickly recognized his strengths and took the initiative to give him advanced work. When I first went to the school to register my son, I had concerns about the location of the classes based on grade levels. It was the assistant principal who walked with me and explained the rationale behind the placement of the classes. This school is a gem in Fairfax County. The PTA could be more active, but they may just need more members. The parent involvement could be higher and that may be due to the diverse population. The school works very hard to keep the parents involved and educated about the education process. There are always meetings with parents. The prinicipal is involved in situations that affects the child's positive response to education.

Glen Forest Elementary School 1

Posted March 22, 2011
students have behavior issues. It impacts the one that want to learn. Some students just don't listen they act like high schoolers. it would nicer if the parents will teach the childern how to behave

Glen Forest Elementary School
5829 Glen Forest Dr, Falls Church, VA  22041
Last modified Glen Forest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glen Forest Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top