Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted June 05, 2016
I graduated from the class of 2015 and am very proud that I went here rather than Cooper. I never witnessed bullying at Longfellow, nor did I witness (or even hear about) drugs. Longfellow is very demanding, especially in the math department. Geometry is absolutely brutal for those who do not study. However, the math department is taught by mostly excellent teachers (vern). After-school activities are phenomenal. Science Olympiad and Math Counts win states every year, and do well in nationals. Many students here to to TJ.

Longfellow Middle School 3

Posted September 24, 2015
I hope that someone from Longfellow will try to intervene for the young people who are suffering as the result of bullying (see below). There is a major problem with bullying in the school and it is a result of the leadership and culture of this school. My child was bullied at Longfellow as a result my child got pulled into weekly session to help these kids to not be victimized. NOTHING was done to stop the bullies or call them out. It sent a message that something is wrong with the victims not the bullies. That sums up the attitude of the admin at this school. We used to pray on the way to school for God's protection every day because there was no one to stand up for my child each day , not teachers, not counselors, no one.

Posted June 06, 2015
Longfellow isn't a good school at all. I have been bullied everyday for this whole year until last week when I brought a teacher in. I didn't want to go to school at all, despite 'loving' learning and having high grades. My grades started to slip. I failed an SOL. I am likely transferring next year, I can't deal with this anymore. The teachers are mainly rude, discriminate students because of their race, weight, sexual orientation, etc. The teachers at Longfellow listen to gossip and use it against you. I can't believe how much of a bad school this is. The teachers and administration are so obsessed with perfection; THEY'LL DO ANYTHING.

Posted May 10, 2015
I am in seventh grade, and I attempted suicide twice after attending Longfellow. It is a horrible school, you are expected of so much and feel like you constantly have to be perfect. I am bullied on a daily basis and none of my teachers care at all. I have severe anxiety and no one does anything at all. My life is falling apart, and no one cares about your well-being, just you getting all A's.

Posted September 16, 2014
I think Longfellow is an exceptional school. I am in 8th grade, and the classes are very challenging (all AA classes) , and the math course I am taking is taught extremely well by the best k-12 math teacher in the country. The orchestra is incredible, we placed 1st at a big competition last year. We play very challenging music that rivals High School and College orchestras. All in all, the level of academics is outstanding, and many of the teachers are quite frankly geniuses! An amazing school to go to, but make sure to take honors or AA classes, as they will provide a great challenge and unique ways to learn. Bullying is not much of a problem, but be wary of cyber bullying and gossip. To not get bullied you should be neat, but not excessive. You should be nice, friendly, and always smile, because the bullies like to pick on insecure kids. Incredible school, it will no doubt impact my future in a great way.

Posted December 23, 2013
Longfellow Middle School is a great school. The classes are great and even the worst teachers teach everything you need to know. The music department is really awesome with the coolest teachers and great orchestras, bands, and choirs. They even offer guitar! LMS is a great school and I can't think of another school or any other place I would like to go to. Yes the hallways can be a bit crowded, but its not hard to navigate in them at all!

Posted December 19, 2013
This is the worst prison a person can stay at for 7.5 hours. All the teacher are horrible. This school has high expectations and wont tolerate even if you're 2 seconds late to class, or even if you miss 1 question on a homework sheet.This school gives huge amounts of homework,torture. If i had one word to describe Longfellow, it would be prison.

Posted November 10, 2013
Longfellow's test scores may be good, but the teachers grade incredibly low and will lower you high school GPA if you choose to take a high school course.

Longfellow Middle School 4

Posted November 03, 2013
I am a student at Longfellow and it has been a good school for me, but for other kids it is a nightmare. I am taking all honors so that makes it easier popularity wise other than the constant grade comparing. For the kids who are taking some or no honors classes are looked down apon from the teachers, staff, and other kids. There is lots of bulling between kids ( especially with the girls ) but it is hidden so well that no one notices, or even if they do they just pretend that it never happened. Academically the school does very well and copes very well with the AAP parents getting mad that their children are in the same math class as the math honors kids, even though the AAP kids are taking algebra 1, but you gotta know the GT ( AAP ) parents. I like the school, just make sure that if your kids that are going to attend Longfellow that you put them in abercrombie or whatever is in style and put them in all honors, it will help ALOT.

Longfellow Middle School 4

Posted October 12, 2013
My daughter is an eighth grader this year. Mostly, she has had a positive experience at LMS. She has made lots of new friends and has learned a lot from her mostly great teachers. She had has two teachers who did not measure up and the administration wasn't as helpful as they could have been in terms of addressing the problem or approving schedule changes, but what are you going to do? I guess take the good with the bad. The school itself is lovely, newly renovated, and the after school activities are great. There's a wide range of activities to choose from. For the most part, we can't complain. It's been a mostly positive experience.

Longfellow Middle School
2000 Westmoreland St, Falls Church, VA  22043
Last modified Longfellow Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.