Falls Church, VA
Students enrolled: 1,660

Marshall High School 1

Posted September 23, 2014
I would have to give the principal a D+. He does not listen to parents. The school has a major drug problem, and the school is quick to embarrass kids for dress code violations but allow cheerleaders and the dance team can flaunt their bodies in front of crowds, .

Marshall High School 4

Posted June 15, 2012
My son has just completed his Freshman year at Marshall. Unfortunately it looks like we may have to move away from the area which we are very sad about. We moved to U.S two years ago from U.K. Our son went into the final year of middle school and the transition was tough for him. When he moved up to Marshall and became involved in the athletic teams everything changed for him, he's been very happy at Marshall. The school is small but very diverse and it appears to me that there is as much parent involvement in the school as an individual wants. The only difficulty we came across was getting time with teachers to discuss progress reports. There's the option for children to do the IB course or just take a few subjects( if the student is ready) at IB level. All in all Marshall is a wonderful high school and has just been rated the third best school in Virginia!

Posted October 22, 2011
I currently have two children attending Marshall HighSchool: Exceptional teachers! Great faculty! Wonderful IB and honors programs as well as vocational training programs. The school is currently under going a total renovation and will be beautiful upon completition. It is the smallest high school in Fairfax County and it is the best kept secret.

Marshall High School 3

Posted July 09, 2010
I feel as if all the teachers think that everyone will go to VT or UVA, or some other VA state school, and in doing so, they fail to care about your perspective, your academic needs or your future. Sure they are fine schools, but it is unfair for a student like me, who has other pursuits in mind, to be neglected and not taken seriously. The teachers are unmotivating and regretfully unqualified. I am in the IB program, taking the hardest HL courses: math and physics, so evidently, I place a great deal in my education.

Posted February 05, 2010

Marshall High School 0

Posted October 08, 2009
Smaller High School - lovely teachers - wonderful IB Program - very organized

Posted August 06, 2009
I graduated from Marshall two years ago and I can't say enough good things about this school. The school's 'Small School Big Heart' motto fits the bill perfectly. The IB program prepared me for college better than anything I could imagine and the school was small enough that I was able to get personal attention from teachers and develop great relationships with my peers. The Academy classes were also great, especially the Marketing classes. Marshall really allows a student to pursue almost anything he or she wants to and, most importantly, succeed.

Posted January 28, 2009

Posted January 28, 2009

Posted November 05, 2008
Its great school. teachers are great, keep students motivation positive, which boost up students confidence.

Marshall High School
7731 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA  22043
Last modified Marshall High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marshall High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top