Falls Church, VA
Before care: Yes

Pine Spring Elementary School 1

Posted October 29, 2014
To all the reviewer, did you see the English and Math score? How it is going down in recent years? Few of the teacher neglect the parents due their ethnicity. The principal is scared of veteran teachers. The office staff's are efficient. The nurse is clueless. I'm scared of the security standards of the school - back door open etc. So, here is the answer to my first question, "Yes I am afraid, my kid will be treated differently; if I open my mouth on the PTA". Good bless!!!

Posted August 28, 2013
Clean and staff and pta very involved. Lots of school pta events that are fun for parents and kids.

Posted August 27, 2013
4 stars is so completely wrong, I would at least give Pine Spring a 9. I went there from k to 6th grade and I have nothing but good memories of that place. The staff is very dedicated, and its a great environment for kids to learn at. The afterschool program is great as well.

Pine Spring Elementary School 4

Posted January 31, 2013
Wow, I just can't believe the "4" rating that Greatschools gives Pine Spring! Just 2 years ago it was a "7" and things have only improved there and in the surrounding communities. What did change was a tougher state-wide math test, and across the board every VA elementary school will appear to have worsened in Math because of the new criteria. The teachers at this school are awesome, and the PTA holds many fun activities for the kids throughout the year. The SACC program is enriching and there are several before and after school activities for the kids. The school building itself is clean and in very good repair, and a place of learning in which the kids can be proud. The school lunches are definitely above average, nutrition-wise, and the new Principal, Mr. Peri, has met and exceeded the high expectations of the parents. I really urge Greatschools to look deeper than just the one-year decline in the Math scores due to the tougher state criteria.

Pine Spring Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2012
Well, I'm a student at Pine spring, sixth grade. I don't really know how to give an unbiased review, so I'll just make a list, so you can decide the pros and cons. - Variety of unique foreign students ( Asians, Koreans, Americans, Indians (came from india), Spanish, Phillipeno, Portirican, etc...) If you're from a different country, you can't feel left out! - Excellent STAFF members, the janitor seems to be on duty 24/7 so nice! The sixth grade teachers prepare you for middle school amazingly. The other special teachers try to make learning easier using their own creative ideas and try to communicate. - Early/Extra time, early release Mondays, yay! But, they seem to add extra time on other week days. So sad... - Academic Programs, not really challenging, and the teachers usually hold off on continuing for a few minutes or a day or so until everyone understands the subject. It helps greatly in helping someone's education, but on the other hand, it halts the other students' progress. Most teachers. - Socializing, normally the school staff encourages socializing, but, just be careful not to let your child too much freedom at home. I still get migraines at the bus, remember tone!

Posted September 26, 2011
I've had 3 children go through this school, so I've been a parent here since 1999. I have been extremely pleased by so many hard working teachers, unbelievable principals, and just an all-around wonderful school climate and community. The pta puts on a lot of really nice events, including my favorite - International Night, which really showcases what a rich and diverse community attends Pine Spring. My oldest is at TJ now and I know he was very well prepared at Pine Spring.

Posted October 09, 2008

Pine Spring Elementary School 0

Posted July 29, 2008
Wonderful teachers! I loved that my son got to go to an all day kindergarten. Another great thing is that they don't have early releases unlike other schools. This is great for working parents who would have to get off work early to pick up the children. Pine Spring has been great to my son and daughter. :)

Posted July 09, 2008
The school's principal, Mrs. Bradley, is a gifted leader. She sets the tone. She is confident in her very competent staff and trusts them and delegates to them; they in turn feel trusted and supported by her. She not only earns her staff's trust and loyalty, she earns the parents' trust and loyalty. She is very involved, but is not a micromanager! Communication with parents is excellent, they are made to feel they are a vital and important part of the school. It's a team approach all around. It's a very diverse school, which is a real plus, and everybody pulls together. Fairfax County Public Schools has a real gem in Pine Spring!

Posted April 18, 2008
I second everything written here about Pine Spring! It truly is a community, and my son knows and talks to students of all different ages. He sees someone that he knows from school almost everywhere we go. I'm am regularly impressed with what he is learning. The school has full-day Kindergarten and does not have early release on Mondays. There are extra 'specialist' teachers that support all of the classroom teachers. Some of the specialists are paid for by the teachers themselves, who have sacrificed a pay increase to be able to have the extra support for the students. Although a very diverse school with many students for whom English is not their first language, this only impacts the school in a positive way and every student is challenged to succeed at the highest level. The school has excellent communication with parents.

Pine Spring Elementary School
7607 Willow Ln, Falls Church, VA  22042
Last modified Pine Spring Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pine Spring Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top