Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Great school with great teachers.My kids are happy and really love their school.

We have had a great experience at Shrevewood. The school is a diverse and multicultural community and the teachers we have had so far have been caring and excellent. The administration is great about communication with parents.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Way too much homework. The kids don't get home until after 4:30, there's not enough time to complete it all.

Punitive teachers, constant testing, massive amounts of homework and far from child-centered. My children are not making academic progress at this school. This school claims to be responsive classroom, they are not. PBIS? No. The environment is more like a prison than a school and your children won't be treated with dignity. It makes me sad that I have to send them there every day.

Shrevewood is a diverse, but inclusive school. Many of the students welcomed my children when we moved into the neighborhood. The Principle and VP are level-headed and truly care about the students.

More test and less teaching . No proper feedback about my kid was ever given by teachers . They don't respond properly to your mail.

Shrevewood Elementary is an excellent school in Fairfax county which emphasises on learning and all round development.

Shrevewood is a great school ! I have been working in this school for 16 years and I love going to work every day.

We chose our neighborhood based on the reputation of the schools surrounding it. Shrevewood is our base school, we could not be happier! Every teacher my children has had is nothing short of great. yes, there have been some bumps with teachers and my kids, but it's to be expected. The Administration is fantastic in terms of communicating with parents and making sure they know every child in the building. The PTA is also a very strong and vital force within Shrevewood. I'm really excited Shrevewood was chosen to be a Local Level IV, I have heard great comments about the LLIV teacher, Ms. Vela.

We chose our neighborhood based on the reviews that Shrevewood Elementary received from various realty search engines; and, perhaps the school was indeed a top flight school at one time, but it suffers from severe overcrowding, particularly in kindergarten and first grade classrooms in spite of adjustments being made to curb the student to teacher ratio. At such a crucial time in these kids' education, they can't afford to not have a connection with their teacher because of the fact that the teachers are overwhelmed. Furthermore, some teachers utilize rigid systems to maintain class control and often alienate a young, developing, and energetic child due to lack of compliance. My younger son, who is in kindergarten, and had attended nursery school and Pre-K programs prior with accolades, both academically and interpersonally from his teachers and was well-liked by his peers, is an entirely different child now.

Last modified Shrevewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.