Falls Church, VA

Shrevewood Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2015
More test and less teaching . No proper feedback about my kid was ever given by teachers . They don't respond properly to your mail.

Posted October 31, 2014
Shrevewood Elementary is an excellent school in Fairfax county which emphasises on learning and all round development.

Posted April 15, 2014
Shrevewood is a great school ! I have been working in this school for 16 years and I love going to work every day.

Posted April 06, 2014
We chose our neighborhood based on the reputation of the schools surrounding it. Shrevewood is our base school, we could not be happier! Every teacher my children has had is nothing short of great. yes, there have been some bumps with teachers and my kids, but it's to be expected. The Administration is fantastic in terms of communicating with parents and making sure they know every child in the building. The PTA is also a very strong and vital force within Shrevewood. I'm really excited Shrevewood was chosen to be a Local Level IV, I have heard great comments about the LLIV teacher, Ms. Vela.

Shrevewood Elementary School 2

Posted February 18, 2014
We chose our neighborhood based on the reviews that Shrevewood Elementary received from various realty search engines; and, perhaps the school was indeed a top flight school at one time, but it suffers from severe overcrowding, particularly in kindergarten and first grade classrooms in spite of adjustments being made to curb the student to teacher ratio. At such a crucial time in these kids' education, they can't afford to not have a connection with their teacher because of the fact that the teachers are overwhelmed. Furthermore, some teachers utilize rigid systems to maintain class control and often alienate a young, developing, and energetic child due to lack of compliance. My younger son, who is in kindergarten, and had attended nursery school and Pre-K programs prior with accolades, both academically and interpersonally from his teachers and was well-liked by his peers, is an entirely different child now.

Posted September 04, 2013
Such a great school with fabulous, caring teachers and a dedcated principal and assistant principal who both encourage parent involvement and student success! We have been VERY happy there and look forward to many years at Shrevewood! The only complaint I have is that their Kinder parent orientation in spring is a bit disorganized and uninspired, and does not AT ALL measure up to the stellar real-life, supportive, community-oriented day to day experience at the school! Such a culturally rich student population with parents who care about the school and its success in educating their children!

Posted August 29, 2013
Shrevewood ELementary is excellent in the curriculum it offers, the teaching and attention given to kids.

Shrevewood Elementary School 1

Posted July 16, 2013
Unfortunately, it seems this school is lacking in math. Beyond 1st grade is when math department deficits become much more noticeable.

Posted May 29, 2013
My daughter is about to finish her first grade at Shrevewood school.Happy with the school so far. Her teacher is a wonderful one,gives good home work material and also open to communicate with parents all the times.It makes us to feel like we are connected to school very much. My daughter enjoyed everyday of her school.

Shrevewood Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2013
We are new to the system in the US, and we felt welcome here! They went above and beyond to make my son feel part of the group. He loves school, teachers and the environment.

Shrevewood Elementary School
7525 Shreve Rd, Falls Church, VA  22043
Last modified Shrevewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shrevewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top