Falls Church, VA

Woodburn Elementary School 4

Posted October 25, 2013
Woodburn ES has a wonderful team including the principal, asst. principal, teachers, staffs, and PTA. Just hope that more parents will participate in all events to show supports and to help giving ideas to make it excellent for our kids, not just above average.

Posted June 03, 2013
Woodburn is a wonderful school, with teachers and administrators who truly care about helping every child succeed. Woodburn has a unique arts focus. Every third grader takes violin. Band and orchestra begin in the fourth grade, and the band has a strong partnership with George Mason University. By the sixth grade, when most other schools' band programs begin, our children are accomplished beginners. In art classes, students are introduced to a wide variety of mediums, from portraits to wire sculptures to pottery. Our son has attended Woodburn since kindergarten and is now a rising sixth grader. He's thrived here. A previous commenter mentioned bullying, but I don't think this school has a problem with that. Most of the children I've encountered in our six years at this culturally and economically diverse school have been exceptionally kind.

Woodburn Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2012
Horrible school! My daughter came crying home! For two years by now! She's in sixth grade and is getting bullied! She was telling me about her school and I don't agree with any of the reports and review! The buses and teacher and STUDENTS, are all horrible!

Posted June 29, 2009
We love this school! Great student teacher ratios! The new renovation is fantastic and it feels like a small community one would find in a small town in the midst of chaotic suburbia. Go Wildcats!

Woodburn Elementary School 3

Posted June 18, 2009
Bullying and cliques start in second grade and although the teachers try, the kids are quite sneaky and still able to torment others. Second grade student will be moved to a private school because of this situation. Child must have a tutor this summer because the new school is ahead in math and other areas. OK school but not top notch by any lengths. One of the first grade teachers was terrific and had the kids doing school work at the 3rd/4th grade levels. But second grade was a waste of time for this student.

Woodburn Elementary School 0

Posted May 12, 2008
Great school - Kindergarten has wonderful teacher student ratios and, within the sprawling NoVa suburbs that we live in, this school actually feels like a small community. The arts integration program is an added bonus... and school is currently under renovation. Very pleased!

Posted April 15, 2008
My niece and cousin go to Woodburn Elementay. I have to agree with Lynn. It is by far a great school!!! It is about tine for my daughter to go to school and I am actually moving to Annandale only so she can benefit for their great curriculum... Her father is a musician and I am a graphic artist and we see an early interest on these areas on her... so we actually want her to exploit and thrive on this program... Go Wildcats!

Posted January 08, 2008

Posted November 28, 2005
Woodburn is a fantastic elementary school that has developed an arts-integrated curriculum. It is NOT a magnet school. Rather through the hard work and enthusiasm of our teachers for arts integration, we have changed the name to reflect this interest and focus. We have a very ethnically diverse student population and celebrate that through classroom and family activities.

Woodburn Elementary School
3401 Hemlock Dr, Falls Church, VA  22042
Last modified Woodburn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodburn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top