Falmouth, VA

Posted May 19, 2014
My third child is now in 6th grade here at Drew. My older children were students who have moved up to High-School. As far as complaints about the principal, a new principal recently took over. You can ignore anything prior to 2013 regarding the old regime. Every teacher I have met has been wonderful. They showed an interest in each child. They have provided individual support where my kids needed it. The total number of students is low, which helps the administration be more involved than in other schools I have been around.

Posted November 13, 2013
To be honest I was a former student and this school is very bad. Every single day I was rotting of the bullying. Every day I was teased, discriminated, and fights I was into. I literally didn't want to go to that school.Theteachers didn't help nobody helped me with my problems I had there. For 2 months I didnt go to school I was so aggravated about the problems. This county is known for destroying documents for Bullying reports.t But My wish one day all the kids in the world will never get teased of there weight,disability,type the races they are. There were one teacher who understand my situation He understood his best to help me he was the best person in my middle school career. I personally think this school can get better they need to listen to the students and chose the best discipline. -Submitted By A former student

Posted September 07, 2013
To understand exactly how Drew works you need to imagine the principal and all the staff sitting down together and saying "How can we make this school as unefficent ass possible?" They completely succeeded if that was there goal. There block days are complete fails leaving different kids in the class on different days so some kids are always behind. Instead of allowing students to go to there lockers between classes time is taken out of fourth period to go to lockers. Instead of having bells the teachers dismiss you so if they forget your out of luck and your tardy. The dress code is way too uptight. The teachers and staff are wildly unhelpful. Not to mention the school is filled with narrow minded people.

Edward E. Drew Jr. Middle School 0

Posted June 11, 2008
Well these must be old comments because Drew is a great school I moved there in 2006 to start my seventh grade year and I had no trouble making friends everyone gets along. In my time being there there was only one big fight and it was over very rapidly. Being African American i can say we realli don't learn much about African American history we read two stories relating to slavery and they really did help me understand my history better. Being in 8th grade now I will say tht I am actually sad that I am leaving and I can't say that about much of the schools I have been to.

Edward E. Drew Jr. Middle School 4

Posted October 21, 2007
I do agree with the issue of African American children not being tault enpugh about their culture, however, there are all sorts of spanish, indian and etc celebrations, but not much African American celebrations at all. I will wait and see what happens during black history month feburary

Posted October 18, 2007
Although Drew is a small middle school, the values and culture and quality of learning and safety is very high. I also, appreciate how all race groups( students) get along with one another.

Edward E. Drew Jr. Middle School 2

Posted January 23, 2007

Edward E. Drew Jr. Middle School 2

Posted May 16, 2005
My son has had a rocky start with 6th grade. There are a lot of fights, especially in the 6th grade hallways and bathrooms. There is NOT enough time to get books from lockers so my son has to carry his books...not to mention the lockers are not safe and can be opened by hitting them hard enough. The teachers rarely call if there is a problem that I need to know about because they think I won't do anything about it since other parents have replied to them in negative ways. There are NOT any after school activities that they can do until the 7th grade. Not enough parking, Not enough room in the school for the children. Overall, it is an average school that just does what it can to get by while trying not to draw attention to itself in negative ways.

Posted April 11, 2005
Drew Middle School is not conducive for African American students. The teachers are not willing to teach our children. The staff needs to have a extensive workshop on diversity training and how to deal with the 21st century black child. They are still in the mind set of the 1950's. There respond to african american children is terrible. I would never send another one of my children to that school.

Posted July 15, 2004
I'm also a student that goes to Drew, and in my opinion, the teachers there do the best they can with the limited budget and certain people's behavoirs. Our Principle is the coolest, fairest one I've ever known, and for the most part, the teachers rule. Anyway, Drew is a really cool school, and the teachers I've had all do their best to teach us. Drew is a great school, all the kids that I know find it, overall, and at worse, bearable.

Edward E. Drew Jr. Middle School
501 Cambridge St, Falmouth, VA  22405
Last modified Edward E. Drew Jr. Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward E. Drew Jr. Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top