Falmouth, VA

Posted March 21, 2014
Love this school! Very warm, inviting, professional atmosphere! My two children have had a variety of teachers and blossomed under their guidance and care. I especially liked how my kids learned to adapt to different teacher styles, had a varied amount of homework every year ,and made new friends each year. Most importantly they learned A LOT in so many creative ways! What better preparation for middle school? Thank you to the principal, assistant principal and teachers and staff of Grafton!

Posted January 09, 2014
My children & I absolutely loved this school! My daughter attended K-3rd grade & my son K-1st. The principal,vice principal & teachers were amazing! The best thing about this school,is the academically struggling children didn't just get lost in the crowd.Its an overall great place for your children to feel comfortable & learn.

Grafton Village Elementary School 3

Posted August 26, 2013
My daughter attended Grafton from K- 3rd. Overall, I have been disappointed with the lack of planning on the schools behalf as well as the teachers. When they have an event at school, you won t receive any info until the day before. Unless it's a PTA thing. Then you will be over loaded! A lot of the teachers are 1st time teachers and it really shows. We had a wonderful 2nd grade teacher.. But the rest have been barley up to par. The office and principle are hit or miss, Sometimes the office is helpful. But they do have a older lady that is more willing to be rude than to send you to the right person for your concern. I have had that issue 3 times now. You can't get past her to speak to the Principle. It's very upsetting that she is allowed to treat parents little to no respect and seems to care less about our concerns.

Grafton Village Elementary School 2

Posted April 03, 2013
My eldest daughter attended this school from second grade through fifth grade, my son kindergarten through fifth grade, and I now have a preschooler attending the inclusion class as a special education student. Overall I would not recommend this school and do not intend to send my youngest there. The leadership from the principal is poor. He is a nice man, but not a great administrator. There are of course some wonderful teachers, but overall I did not find my elder two well-prepared for middle school. Neither maintained a rigorous homework routine, especially in fifth grade. I know other parents have expressed the same concern. Their work habits should be at least introduced so they are not in for such a shock once middle school begins. The principal and vice principal determine class placements and are known for streaming the same students together all six years. It creates so much stress and heartbreak each fall when the kids return from summer break. I've heard of other school districts assigning students to their new classroom before the school year ends, which allows the students to meet their new teacher, see who is in their class, and not worry over the summer.

Posted November 06, 2009
I loved this school. This is a school where they make learning fun. The great school ratings do not do it justice. This is much better than the school I attended in Arizona (that has a better rating and was an awful school) and I learn a lot more. I wish there were more teachers like the ones they have here.

Grafton Village Elementary School 3

Posted September 27, 2009

Posted May 20, 2007

Posted March 05, 2007
I have 2 boys in this school and they love it. My 5th grader is always challenged with his work and is loving it. My 1st grader is blossoming. I can not say enough good things about the quality of teachers at this school. Keep it up!

Posted March 19, 2006
My daughter has attended this community school from 2nd through 5th grade. We have been very pleased with the quality and caring of the teachers and staff. They have a full-time music education teacher, art teacher and physical education instructors. My children have been quite happy attending. I like the community, personal feel of a smaller school. Our son has been having a few problems with reading(first grade). His teacher looped up from K-garten with his class to 1st grade this year. That has helped my son tremendously because the teacher knows his kids so well, their strengths, areas that need improvement, etc. Many parents are involved with volunteering in the classrooms and elsewhere through the school, be in the PTA, field trips, planning for classroom parties and events, etc. The office staff is friendly, helpful and understanding, and seems to know just about all the kids and parents.

Posted June 15, 2005
My duaghter started kindergarten this year and I could not have asked for a more helpful school. EVERYONE is so pleasent and reaussuring. There are so many resources and options for you to turn to. And as far as the principal, she is great, always smiling and very involved with all her staff, students and parents, thats why she is so busy, we love her so much. I myself am a teacher and was very weary of everything. We will be at grafton for a very long time!

Grafton Village Elementary School
501 Deacon Rd, Falmouth, VA  22405
Last modified Grafton Village Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grafton Village Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top