Bad
Good

My child’s times at GVES has been nothing but positive. Her kindergarten teacher had her reading and writing at several grade levels above her actual grade within a short period of time. Her 1st grade teacher was simply amazing and worked excellent with all of the kids. My meetings with the teacher were always very informative and always had clear goals for the development of my child. Her reading skills really developed and now reading has become a pleasure for my child. My child has only reported positive things to me about Art, Music, Gym etc. I firmly believe that GVES is improving in the right direction. Recent test scores reflect a huge jump as well. I look forward to see my child’s development going forward.

Love this school! Very warm, inviting, professional atmosphere! My two children have had a variety of teachers and blossomed under their guidance and care. I especially liked how my kids learned to adapt to different teacher styles, had a varied amount of homework every year ,and made new friends each year. Most importantly they learned A LOT in so many creative ways! What better preparation for middle school? Thank you to the principal, assistant principal and teachers and staff of Grafton!

My children & I absolutely loved this school! My daughter attended K-3rd grade & my son K-1st. The principal,vice principal & teachers were amazing! The best thing about this school,is the academically struggling children didn't just get lost in the crowd.Its an overall great place for your children to feel comfortable & learn.

My daughter attended Grafton from K- 3rd. Overall, I have been disappointed with the lack of planning on the schools behalf as well as the teachers. When they have an event at school, you won t receive any info until the day before. Unless it's a PTA thing. Then you will be over loaded! A lot of the teachers are 1st time teachers and it really shows. We had a wonderful 2nd grade teacher.. But the rest have been barley up to par. The office and principle are hit or miss, Sometimes the office is helpful. But they do have a older lady that is more willing to be rude than to send you to the right person for your concern. I have had that issue 3 times now. You can't get past her to speak to the Principle. It's very upsetting that she is allowed to treat parents little to no respect and seems to care less about our concerns.

My eldest daughter attended this school from second grade through fifth grade, my son kindergarten through fifth grade, and I now have a preschooler attending the inclusion class as a special education student. Overall I would not recommend this school and do not intend to send my youngest there. The leadership from the principal is poor. He is a nice man, but not a great administrator. There are of course some wonderful teachers, but overall I did not find my elder two well-prepared for middle school. Neither maintained a rigorous homework routine, especially in fifth grade. I know other parents have expressed the same concern. Their work habits should be at least introduced so they are not in for such a shock once middle school begins. The principal and vice principal determine class placements and are known for streaming the same students together all six years. It creates so much stress and heartbreak each fall when the kids return from summer break. I've heard of other school districts assigning students to their new classroom before the school year ends, which allows the students to meet their new teacher, see who is in their class, and not worry over the summer.

I loved this school. This is a school where they make learning fun. The great school ratings do not do it justice. This is much better than the school I attended in Arizona (that has a better rating and was an awful school) and I learn a lot more. I wish there were more teachers like the ones they have here.

I have 2 boys in this school and they love it. My 5th grader is always challenged with his work and is loving it. My 1st grader is blossoming. I can not say enough good things about the quality of teachers at this school. Keep it up!

Last modified Grafton Village Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.