Forest, VA

Forest Middle School 4

Posted November 27, 2010
I Love FMS and I might be leaving after my 7th grade year, everyone at FMS is just so caring. The teachers there are just so warming and they open there arms to you. I'm going to miss FMS surely, every student there was unique in there own way. It's going to be hard to go to another school.,

Posted May 01, 2008
We also left Boonsboro Elementary School and felt that FMS was nothing but a welcome breath of fresh air! I have found the administration to be exceptionally helpful and kind. Ms. Morgan is absolutely delightful and has never not greeted me without a warm smile. She has been at every orientation and band concert I have ever attended and has always introduced herself appropriately. Before beginning at FMS I very strongly considered moving my child out of BCPS, my hope has since been restored after my child graduated to FMS.

Forest Middle School 3

Posted April 27, 2008
This has been a big change for our family. We left the close knit community of Boonsboro Elementary School and entered a new world at Forest. Lots of students with different values. Frankly, this year has been a review for us--wondering if we will have more of an academic challenge next year. The principal is visible but has not introduced herself at functions as the principal and left many at orientation wondering just who she was. The teachers are supportive of the students but administration not very supportive of the parents.

Posted June 06, 2007
I love the new principal, Ms. Morgan. She is doing an outstanding job and has a clear vision for the school.

Forest Middle School 4

Posted October 10, 2006
I have had nothing But success with my ADHD child. I have had ample conversation with them. Each have gone above and beyond the call of duty to help my son be successful in their classes. I believe it is about communication. He continues to struggle, but they have a wealth of knowledge in helping me help him. So, I will disagree when saying it is not a good place for ADHD children.

Posted April 15, 2006
'You don't know what you've got till its gone.' My children attended Forest Elementary and Forest Middle School. We moved away and miss the schools very much. Forest has the closest thing to a private school that I have experienced.

Posted January 04, 2005
We moved here this year from Florida and we were unsure how our daughter would do in a new school, but she has felt very welcome here. The beginning of the year breakfast for new students is a great idea. The principal has been very accessable and appears to be very involved with the students. After school programs are great also, and the school has been very open to parent involvement. Great Job!

Forest Middle School 2

Posted September 13, 2004

Posted May 01, 2004
Forest Middle School is a wonderful place for the kids. My children really enjoy it and they love the teachers and other students. The only thing that I can see wrong with it is that the principal, Mr. Kelly, is not a very reliable man and has changed since his days of elementary school principal.

Forest Middle School 3

Posted March 07, 2004
Not a very good school when having to deal with children with ADHD

Forest Middle School
100 Ashwood Dr, Forest, VA  24551
Last modified Forest Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top