Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I've met numerous teachers here and they are very nice and helpful. Including the new principal who started this year.

Amount of homework: no rating

I'm not sure regarding this topic. I don't believe so for kindergarten. I can check back after the new year.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Very generous and helpful staff. They are very helpful anytime I go in with a question or concern.

The addition of the brand new upper elementary school has fixed the crowding issues! Excited for my Kindergartnet to start the new year.

I feel that both of my children did not receive what they needed throughout the school year. The classrooms are way too crowded 26 to 30 children per classroom is entirely too much. I had to reteach both of my children over the summer to ensure they are not behind for the upcoming school year. I hope this next school year will be much better. Such a shame how this school has declined within the past 2 years.

Amount of homework: Disagree

They spend majority of the day (year) prepping the kids for testing. Homework is abundant and majority is things they "don't have time to finish" in class due to crazy test prep pressure.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The administration are terrible. A handful of Teachers are there that truly care about teaching and the welfare of the students. This school is by far the worst school I have ever seen or been involved in.

I have a son in 6th grade. We were so excited this year because we found out he had been placed in Mrs. Ordile's class. From everything we had heard in the community she was the top teacher. She was kind and caring and knew how to maintain a positive classroom. Mrs. O had high standards for her students and always encouraged them to put their best effort into everything they did. My son has never liked school but with Mrs. O's phenomenal expertise in teaching he loved school and his grades sky rocketed. Sadly, we received news in December that Mrs. Ordile would be leaving for personal reasons. As parents we were disappointed to see such an amazing educator leave a school that was lacking in her passion and positive attitude about education. Following her departure my son had several subs before the school hired Ms. Millonig. Ms. Millonig is not a bad teacher but can't be compared to Mrs. Ordile. We feel that our son is not being prepared for middle school at the same level he was in the beginning of the year. Since the 3 years we have been at Fort Belvoir there has been a lot of turnover with good teachers, which makes me question what is going on behind the scenes!

We moved to the area this past summer. I have a son in kindergarten and Fifth grade. I was concerned with the reviews I had previously read but I have not experienced any issues or concerns so far. My son's kindergarten teacher is amazing. She provides developmental and age appropriate teaching strategies for individual children and makes kindergarten fun. My son's fifth grade teacher has seen that my son struggles with organizational skills and has worked with him to improve is attentiveness and he is excelling this year. Please, do not be concerned about sending your child to this school.

This is the second year my son has attended Fort Belvoir Elementary School. We have had a great experience thus far. His Kindergarten teacher was amazing and so is his First grade teacher this year. My son has health problems which require me to go to the school twice a day to care for him and everyone in the school has been nothing but accommodating. When I had issues with things that were going on I never had to wait to get them sorted out. The principle and assistant principle saw me right away I think I waited 5 minuets tops. The ladies in the office are so kind and have done everything possible to make my visits each day as smooth as possible. It is a large school with lots of children and parents so yes the office can be hectic at times but I think they manage well.

Last modified Fort Belvoir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.