Posted September 14, 2014
This is the second year my son has attended Fort Belvoir Elementary School. We have had a great experience thus far. His Kindergarten teacher was amazing and so is his First grade teacher this year. My son has health problems which require me to go to the school twice a day to care for him and everyone in the school has been nothing but accommodating. When I had issues with things that were going on I never had to wait to get them sorted out. The principle and assistant principle saw me right away I think I waited 5 minuets tops. The ladies in the office are so kind and have done everything possible to make my visits each day as smooth as possible. It is a large school with lots of children and parents so yes the office can be hectic at times but I think they manage well.

Fort Belvoir Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2014
My school is Fort Belvoir Elementary. I currently have two of my children attending, I strongly believe this is an exceptional school. Last year my children attended first and third grades. The teachers in these two grades provided a excellent education opportunity for my children. The afterschool program of STEM and the additional tutoring enhance the overall experience. The teachers stay late beyond their required contract hours preparing plans and sharing ideas on how to nurture and develop their students minds for their utmost capabilities. The difficulties I have seen encounter there derive more from parents believing their rank (or should I say their spouse's rank entitle them to special considerations outside the very rules put in place for the security of our children. If parents spent more time with their children developing their reading, writing and math skills at home and less time indulging their own enjoyments on their computers and iphones then their children would be better prepared for the world.

Fort Belvoir Elementary School 2

Posted September 09, 2014
Sadly with the new principal arriving last year the school has rapidly declined. The office staff doesn't really care. They are too busy chatting each other up. Most of the teachers just don't care. For each grade there are good teachers. This school has had revolving doors when it comes to the staff. Every year you see new teachers. One teacher last year informed that ,"Parents are NOT allowed to park and walk their children into the school." Needless to say she also got slapped. One of the counselors asked what was going on. I informed her that I had walking my son in to the school for over 2 yrs. and now some "new" teacher thinks she's going to tell I can't? Wrong answer. Then with the new principal, your children can not hand out birthday invites ( we give them to whole class). No homemade anything, must be individually wrapped & store bought?! And the parents are discouraged from taking their kids to class in the mornings. Followed with , why are you here? , for what reason , where, and you can't do that , the teachers don't want to have to deal with parents before school.

Posted September 08, 2014
If I could control the rating the school would not even receive 1 star. First and foremost this is a horrible school. The new principal could careless about the interest and education of the students who attend. She knowingly allows teachers to mistreat children even when the teacher admits to it and it's beyond all rules to act in such manner. Some teachers honestly should no be teachers especially those with children entering kindergarten. Time to take this to higher levels.

Posted July 28, 2014
I have two children who have attended kindergarten and first grade at Fort Belvoir Elementary. Both of my kids are excelling and enjoying the classroom/school learning environment. Their teachers were phenomenal; I don't know how they do it! Based on this website, I was afraid that the student body was too large, discipline was a problem, and the education was lacking. That is not so! There is a large library for them to use, even parents are welcome! There is nothing lacking - science lab/STEM programs, art, music, PE, and the normal subjects. My kids LOVE it at Fort Belvoir and they certainly are high performers. The teachers and administration care for the students and it shows.

Fort Belvoir Elementary School 2

Posted July 19, 2014
This school is completely overcrowded and the staff have just given up. With the exception of about 1/2 of the Teachers, the school is just not good.

Posted May 09, 2014
I have never experienced any other schools but we love our daughters teachers so far. Kindergarten and first grade. We haven't had any problems and I love how organized they are. It makes me feel good knowing my daughter is in a safe environment. She is ahead and will be tested for advanced classes for next year and I feel the teachers are giving her the work she needs to push forward. We are even thinking about extending here just so she can have another year in this school. And that alone says alot because we don't care for the area at all.

Posted April 29, 2014
Fort Belvoir elementary school is overcrowded. The staff in the front office are rude and make the simplest task difficult. The new principal does not have a grip on the school. She doesn't return calls and her vice principals aren't picking up the slack. The teachers that my children had have are less than stellar. If your child is advanced they are too busy to bother with them My daughter spends way too much time reading at school because she is bored. My son, on the other hand, could use a little extra help and his teacher gets frustrated easily and leaves nasty comments on his homework. This school needs an overhaul.

Fort Belvoir Elementary School 3

Posted February 12, 2014
This is my child's second year here. Her 2nd grade teacher was great and patiently explained things when we had questions. My child is weak in math, but the teacher worked with her to improve. Her 3rd grade teacher is good, but I feel rushed by her. Conferences have been helpful. The school seems better this year under new leadership. Monthly newsletters are a new, informative feature. It seems not all children are recognized in areas where they excel and individual attention is rare. One evening last school year, I received a call from staff who rudely told me that my child was waiting to be picked up. My child is bussed to and from before/after care and has never done kiss-n-ride. When she realized the mistake, it was blown off. This year, when I called to check the status of a conference that I requested, I was told that one had been scheduled that I missed. I had been basically sitting by the phone waiting for someone to get back to me about it, so I know I didn't miss anything. When it was realized there may have been a mistake, again, it was blown off. I don't think the school is that bad, but it does depend on who you deal with. There is certainly room for improvement.

Posted January 25, 2014
Poor Leadership. Administration only cares about kids whose parents are highly military ranked. Your child will left behind. They do not care for students who are not gifted.

Fort Belvoir Elementary School
5970 Meeres Rd, Fort Belvoir, VA  22060
Last modified Fort Belvoir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fort Belvoir Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top