Bad
Good

S.P. Morton is perhaps the worst school In which I have ever had the misfortune of setting foot. Our daughter attended Bright Starts there last year and was plagued with bullies, about which the teachers did nothing. Her teacher was arrested and suspended without pay for months, then reinstated without mention of the entire incident to her students' parents. The school is filthy and in shambles. There is NO security to speak of - any time we went to pick up our daughter we were to just walk right in, go by ourselves to her class and retrieve her. Halfway through the year, we withdrew her and homeschooled. We now pay $3,500 non-jurisdiction tuition for her to attend IOWC schools and we could n t be more thrilled!

Teachers are dedicated to the children. Great organization and the most imoprtant thing, kids achieve the required knowledge and enjoy going there.

School is really good, teachers care for kids. School puts a lot of effort to help kids achieve their full potential. Had 3 kids go through. Only nice memories. Hopefully stays like that.

My son is now in the 1st grade at SPM. Before he started school, I had heard terrible stories about the school. My husband and I are believers in public schools, but we wanted to make sure we got the best for our son. We went to meet the principal before enrolling. He spent as much time as we wanted during his busy schedule to tell us about the school and we were free to visit the classrooms, library, etc. This was our first example of how much the school cares about the families. Since then we learned that family-oriented programs are the norm here, and that they go way beyond what other area schools do to provide opportunities for success. My son's kindergarten experience was tremendous. I couldn't have asked for more. His first grade so far is also very good.

I have 3 children going on their second year within this school. As a prior military family, I have been involved with 7 different elementary schools across the years, all over the country. That said, this is the worse school I have ever been involved with. The bullying and disrespect of teachers and fellow students are horrendous, the administration will not take students words for any incidents at school and will only go by what adults see. If an adult doesn't see it, it doesn't happen. I am seriously considering homeschooling my children just to get them away from this poisonous environment.

I love this school! I love the ability that parents have to be involved with their child and their education, and wish more parents would take advantage of it.

I was skeptical when I had to enroll my children into S. P. Morton Elem. However, they have been there 2 years and I could not be more pleased. I do believe the more a parent is involved with the school the more the child gets out of school. I am involved and I am pleased overall. I enjoy the teachers.

This is a great school, my daughter finished 5th grade with great SOL scores way up from the year before at a neighboring elementary school. I saw a wonderful improvement in her academic performance. Now my son is in Kindergarten and we are very happy with the wonderful teachers and staff.

Last modified S.P. Morton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.