Posted August 28, 2014
I have two boys who attended an Independent School in Fredericksburg since Pre-K. Last year was our first year at Chancellor Elementary. I have to say it was more challenging, had more up-to-date technology, classrooms were just as small and the excellent faculty is on par with their Independent School, which was quite expensive. I feel fortunate that my children are able to get this amazing educational experience in a public school!

Posted October 24, 2013
I have two Children at Chancellor Elementary the oldest is in fifth grade The youngest is in first the teachers and all the other staff are wonderful I cant say enough about this great school.

Posted September 11, 2013
This school is A++++++ The teachers really care about the students and the school is committed to education.

Posted June 14, 2013
I am very glad with the education my children are getting at this school. 5 of my 6 kids have attended the school. Only positive words can be expressed when this school is mentioned. The staff and teachers are very caring about the kids. They go up and beyond to make sure their students understand the class/homework assignments. The principal makes sure that things are done right and on time.

Posted May 04, 2012
I have had two children go through Chancellor Elementary and our experience was FABULOUS!! All their teachers were so encouraging and attentive to their needs. I am happy to say that my children continue to excel in middle school with straight A's and it is thanks to the efforts of their early educators at Chancellor.

Chancellor Elementary School 2

Posted October 04, 2011
Would recommend that any parent of a child with special needs take a good look at your child's homeroom teacher if attending this school. My son is primarily in Special Education classes, but has homeroom, lunch, and specials within the regular classroom. When we attended the Meet and Greet prior to school starting, I observed his homeroom teacher VISIBLY flinch away from him as if he had a disease. Since this day, I have had nothing but complaints from her. I have had staff at the school give me unsolicited information and warnings about her behavior toward all students who are in the Special Education classroom. Teachers like this do not belong in the classroom. I don't get complaints from any other teachers, which tells me the fault lies within this teacher. He is extremely observant, and I am quite sure he can tell that she does not like him. I am grateful that he has only 1 year to endure at this location.

Chancellor Elementary School 0

Posted July 24, 2009
This is a sad day for our family. For many, many years, my family has had children go through Chancellor, but my last has moved to middle school. I can not say enough about the school, staff and wonderful teachers.(Wineberger, Azzarelli, Fultze to name a few) For the last two years, we have had a wonderful principal in Mr. Hudson who has who has really whipped this school into a top notch, child-centered learning facility. Way to go to all the staff of Chancellor. ps. I went to Chancellor as a child as well.

Posted June 12, 2009
We bought our house because it was in this school's boundry. We've had 3 children in the school so far and it is fantastic.

Chancellor Elementary School 4

Posted April 01, 2009
My son transferred here from another county school. We could not be more pleased. Every staff member I've met from the custodian to the cafeteria helper and secretaries know my son by his first name. Children here are allowed to be children and not just test result numbers. For now, it also has a better student-to-teacher ratio than many other county schools. Communication is good and I am amazed that my child is coming home with at least 2x the amount of completed work as his last school with none of the stress. This school is older and a wee bit quirky, and it's right on the now busy Rt 3 which for us is a safety concern, but so far, so good. This school and staff warmly remind me of my own wonderful KG experience 35 years ago.

Posted May 28, 2008

Chancellor Elementary School
5995 Plank Rd, Fredericksburg, VA  22407
Last modified Chancellor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chancellor Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top