Fredericksburg, VA
Students enrolled: 1,880
After care: No

Massaponax High School 3

Posted July 25, 2013
The teachers and coaches at this school are good and work hard with their limited resources. The administration is the problem here. They are unresponsive and make a lot of bad assumptions. The counselors have not been helpful with providing information and support for my college bound students. This school could do a much better job of partnering with parents and being proactive. When I called to speak with the principle about a problem I saw, I was told I could come speak if I liked but he WOULD NOT change his position. Not very much of a partnership.

Massaponax High School 4

Posted June 03, 2013
Although the ignorance, poverty, and discrimination are great problems to be resolved, Massaponax is a challenging school with great teachers volunteering their time to benefit students' education, excellence, and excelling. There are many amazing clubs and teachers that are accepting and will help a dedicated student prevail despite the odds or circumstances.

Posted March 31, 2013
Massaponax HS is a great and challenging experience for students. The leadership always puts kids first . Wonderful staff.

Posted April 16, 2010

Posted November 04, 2009
My daughter is a senior at Massaponax High School, she just received a four year Army ROTC scholarship to the college of her choice. Thanks to the teachers and administration at the high school for continuing its great tradition of producing quality students.

Massaponax High School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
I graduated from Massaponax a few years ago, and I know quite a few of my teachers are still there working hard with limited resources. Day in and day out, they put forth their best in an overcrowded school, with more money for resources, I know they can better educate the students.

Posted September 02, 2009
I'd say massaponax high school is really a great school. I really have not noticed any bullying [ok, maybe that's just because the kids are so full of themselves they don't really care about beating up other kids] sports and drama are big in the school, which makes them hard to get into. and the teachers don't like kids using the bathroom, but it's really well run and i haven't had any problems with any of the teachers yet.

Massaponax High School 4

Posted April 08, 2009

Posted January 13, 2009
Best staff and sports in spots, hands down, i've been to them all

Massaponax High School 3

Posted September 13, 2008
I attended Massaponax High school and graduated in June. I'm now an alumni but now that I'm out of there, I can definately see the flaws. Teachers were nice and presentable but they didn't punish those who were a real problem seriously enough. I sat through a class my junior year where there was always an interuption. The teacher always gave almost a dozen warnings then detention but it wasn't enough . The same students always came back to class with bad attitudes and even cockier mouths. Students can be helpful though but sometimes they can be mean towards the disabled or anything they didn't understand. However, a bit of 'education' on the matter by a sibling of the disabled or a teacher always sets them straight some of the time. Some students are spoiled, others sort of tight-bottomed and refuse to back down. Overall, its a great school academic-wise.

Massaponax High School
8201 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Fredericksburg, VA  22407
Last modified Massaponax High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Massaponax High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top