Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)

This school proved to be an extremely bad decision for locating my olderst child. The teachers in K - 2nd grade, while extremely friendly, provided to be under skilled when it came to actually teaching common skills needed for children to learn basic concepts of Math and Reading. In the 3rd grade we reached our limit with the school due an extremel trying year. The teacher used intimidation and bullying tactics towards my child when it came to correcting "alleged playground activities." Alleged because upon questioning her she said she hadn't verified any of the incident with my child, yet chose to listen to the other child who complained about my kid. Upon confronting my child I questioned the teachers frame of mind to which she answered "Your child isn't as smart as the other child and thats probably why the incident occured." As stated earlier academics proved a hard goal for the school to cope with, I spent some time with the teachers at the school providing input into how the "Number Theory" was an inadequate method for the children and showed how the kids getting "Right" answers were doing so for the wrong reasons and I was able to show how that could have negative cascading effects as the children progressed in school. Being that I have 2 more children entering elementary school I pulled by 3rd grader and due to zoning and transportation put all 3 in private school for the remainder of elementary school. From the experience my family encountered, I don't suggest enrolling at this school.

I did not care for this school. We were a military family moving towards the end of the school year which is already a hectic time, but the classroom my son was placed in seemed to be segregated...all the "trouble" kids on one side of the room at individual desks while all the "good" children got to sit together at tables. Kinda funny how all the "trouble" children were Black. I pulled my son immediately after the school year ended and I homeschool him now. Don't have time for that type of foolishness.

My twins are in 3rd grade now, and we love RRES! I have been very pleased with the quality of their educational experience. All of their teachers have been excellent!!

Rocky run is a great school! The teachers and staff are caring and strive for the best education for the kids. The PTO is very involved and have many activities through the year. There are also some extra activities for children before/after school like run club, ukulele, speedstacks, etc.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My youngest is on track for advanced math when she leaves and attends middle school and my other three did as well.

I've had four children attend Rocky Run. My youngest is now in 5th. We'll be sorry to leave. Staff have been great and the addition of new administration is a huge plus.

I have 2 children attending here and soon to have a 3rd entering Kindergarten. I love this school and its staff. The teachers are wonderful and many have their own children here because they believe in this school. I also volunteer here and find it very rewarding. Anyone who complains about this place goes off hearsay and should get involved. Volunteers are always welcomed here and at the active PTO.

My eldest child was enrolled at Rocky Run in 2011, and at this point (2015) all 3 of my children are students there. While there have been issues through out the years, it was never anything serious and they were always resolved. My youngest has the same teacher my older two had, and I'm thrilled with the results. There is also a new principal (as of 2014), and he has done some very good work. I was incredibly unhappy with the old principal, but the new one is wonderful. There is also minimal turnover for teachers. Teachers do tend to move around within the school, however. My son's 2nd grade teacher moved up to 3rd grade with the kids, which has been exceptionally wonderful. The only downside that I've found is that the class sizes have gotten larger over the years. My kids have 24 (K), 26 (3rd), and 30 (4th). Overall, though, this is a very good school, and my children are lucky that they're there!

All of my kids have gone to rocky run, my older kids are now in the high school near by but my youngest just finished kindergarten and I was so happy that they put him in the same class as my daughter had when she was in kindergarten 9 years ago, same teacher, they have always gone above and beyond. You will be happy with this school

Both of our children attended Rocky Run K-5 and received an excellent education! They went on to middle school well-prepared for taking advanced level courses. Their teachers challenged and encouraged them in so many ways. The entire staff is caring and exceptionally dedicated to helping all students succeed. We couldn't have asked for a better elementary school! Thank you, Rocky Run!

Last modified Rocky Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.