Fredericksburg, VA

Posted August 10, 2015
All of my kids have gone to rocky run, my older kids are now in the high school near by but my youngest just finished kindergarten and I was so happy that they put him in the same class as my daughter had when she was in kindergarten 9 years ago, same teacher, they have always gone above and beyond. You will be happy with this school

Posted August 10, 2015
Both of our children attended Rocky Run K-5 and received an excellent education! They went on to middle school well-prepared for taking advanced level courses. Their teachers challenged and encouraged them in so many ways. The entire staff is caring and exceptionally dedicated to helping all students succeed. We couldn't have asked for a better elementary school! Thank you, Rocky Run!

Posted August 10, 2015
My daughter has had a great experience at Rocky Run Elementary. I have volunteered for their Field Day's over the past few years. The school is located in a very safe, community oriented neighborhood. My family has lived in Stafford Lakes Village for the past 5 years and my daughter has gone to Rocky Run for the past 4 years. She made lots of friends and is excited to start her last year at Rocky Run in a few weeks!

Rocky Run Elementary School
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 10, 2015
There is too much homework given out here, but I feel that way about most schools.

Posted August 10, 2015
All three of my kids have attended Rocky Run and our experiences have been nothing but positive. We had moved out of the county for a few years and my kids wen't briefly to another school where we all had a very bad experience so it's so nice to be back to Rocky Run!

Posted April 23, 2015
I have had three children at Rocky Run. We have had nothing but a positive experience with teachers and admin. I have volunteered in all my children's classes and know first-hand what goes on in their classrooms. I encourage those who can in any school to do that.

Rocky Run Elementary School 1

Posted October 20, 2014
I have many years of experience with schools and Rocky Run is the worst elementary school I've ever been in. The teachers are not trained to deal with the behavior issues of the student body. Most of the teachers seem to only be there to get through the day and collect their check. The lack of discipline negatively impacts the learning environment. The principal does not demand that the teachers maintain control over their students. I'm planning to remove my children from this school and home school them. I can't think of one thing I like about this school other than one previous teacher that really put her heart into teaching her students. The school needs to train their teachers to handle the children that they are working with.

Posted May 04, 2014
We moved to this area 5 month ago from being overseas at a Dodea school. Rocky Run has not only been a wonderful school to move into but a much need benefit for my youngest son. From the principal, asst principal, front office staff to each of the teachers both of my sons encounter on a daily basis are amazing. Each is very warm and caring towards the children but also very friendly to myself as a parent. They put the needs of the children first. I could not be happier with our decision to ignore so negative comments and make the choice of sending the children here.

Posted February 17, 2014
As a parent and educator, I feel I can make the informed statement that this school is staffed and led by professionals who care for children and use research-based strategies, as well as love, to nurture the academic, social, and emotional growth of students. Having taught and had my own children enrolled in various schools throughout the country, I am impressed with the school's ability to address the needs of students with specials education requirements and military families, all while embracing and celebrating diversity. Staff and administration are involved, visible, and responsive. Students are treated with respect and held to high standards. The PTO is involved, positive, and does so much to provide and positive experience for families, as well as assist financially on special projects. My own child attends Rocky Run and I would recommend this school to others moving to the area.

Posted February 05, 2014
My son is new to Rocky Run this year and has had an amazing experience. The staff has been welcoming to him as a new student and to me as a parent. I am very impressed with all that the PTO does to support the school - a lot of fun activities! The administration has been visible and has such a refreshingly positive attitude. The staff is incredibly caring and creative. What a great school!!!

Rocky Run Elementary School
95 Reservoir Rd, Fredericksburg, VA  22406
(540) 286-1956
Last modified Rocky Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocky Run Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 69 reviews. Top