Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 08, 2016
My boys' teachers have made the extra effort every year to help my boys be successful and master each skill.

Posted February 08, 2016
My twins are in 3rd grade now, and we love RRES! I have been very pleased with the quality of their educational experience. All of their teachers have been excellent!!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 08, 2016
From Amanda Dorazio in kindergarten to Sara Jarrells in 5th grade and all the teachers we've had in between thank you!

Posted February 08, 2016
Rocky run is a great school! The teachers and staff are caring and strive for the best education for the kids. The PTO is very involved and have many activities through the year. There are also some extra activities for children before/after school like run club, ukulele, speedstacks, etc.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 08, 2016
My youngest is on track for advanced math when she leaves and attends middle school and my other three did as well.

Posted February 08, 2016
I've had four children attend Rocky Run. My youngest is now in 5th. We'll be sorry to leave. Staff have been great and the addition of new administration is a huge plus.

Posted February 08, 2016
I have 2 children attending here and soon to have a 3rd entering Kindergarten. I love this school and its staff. The teachers are wonderful and many have their own children here because they believe in this school. I also volunteer here and find it very rewarding. Anyone who complains about this place goes off hearsay and should get involved. Volunteers are always welcomed here and at the active PTO.

Rocky Run Elementary School 4

Posted September 29, 2015
My eldest child was enrolled at Rocky Run in 2011, and at this point (2015) all 3 of my children are students there. While there have been issues through out the years, it was never anything serious and they were always resolved. My youngest has the same teacher my older two had, and I'm thrilled with the results. There is also a new principal (as of 2014), and he has done some very good work. I was incredibly unhappy with the old principal, but the new one is wonderful. There is also minimal turnover for teachers. Teachers do tend to move around within the school, however. My son's 2nd grade teacher moved up to 3rd grade with the kids, which has been exceptionally wonderful. The only downside that I've found is that the class sizes have gotten larger over the years. My kids have 24 (K), 26 (3rd), and 30 (4th). Overall, though, this is a very good school, and my children are lucky that they're there!

Posted August 10, 2015
All of my kids have gone to rocky run, my older kids are now in the high school near by but my youngest just finished kindergarten and I was so happy that they put him in the same class as my daughter had when she was in kindergarten 9 years ago, same teacher, they have always gone above and beyond. You will be happy with this school

Posted August 10, 2015
Both of our children attended Rocky Run K-5 and received an excellent education! They went on to middle school well-prepared for taking advanced level courses. Their teachers challenged and encouraged them in so many ways. The entire staff is caring and exceptionally dedicated to helping all students succeed. We couldn't have asked for a better elementary school! Thank you, Rocky Run!

95 Reservoir Rd, Fredericksburg, VA  22406
(540) 286-1956
Last modified Rocky Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.