Fredericksburg, VA

Posted October 05, 2014
My children have attended this school since we moved here in 2009. The staff has an exceptional way of ensuring that the parents stay involved. Even though it is a larger school. The principal ensures that she knows all of her students names and helps to ensure the quality of their education. The only downfall is the pta. As others have stated, unless you are the cool mom, or have money they want nothing to do with you. Which is a huge throw off to many parents who want to be involved. Other than the pta, this school is amazing.

Harrison Road Elementary School 3

Posted April 28, 2014
The teachers are awesome and do their best with what they have. My child has had some fantastic teachers while attending HRES. It's a shame that parents are not kept in the loop unless it's with fundraising. A good chunk of the PTA is scandalous, snotty, and cliquey. If you aren't fortunate enough to be in the "cool mom" clique or have money, you are often looked at like you have a disease or just an inconvenience. I have so many new ideas to spruce things up but unfortunately I'm not cool enough to matter to them. Really sad because they preach anti bullying yet they bully other parents and make them feel inferior.

Posted October 12, 2010
It's the school that my kids go to and the teachers and staff really work with to make sure that your child is getting the help that they need

Harrison Road Elementary School 4

Posted July 03, 2007
My child was transferred to HR last year from Chancellor Elem. Chancellor was great, small, close-knit. HR has 2X the students and its hard to get to know the teachers & staff. I think the teachers/staff are doing their best, but the school should have a better website, more centralized and updated (current) activity calendar, and be more in the news/media. Many other county schools promote their activities in the local paper, but HR seems to struggle just to get the Honor Roll students listed. I also feel like if you're not a stay at home mom, and you don't volunteer in the classroom, or drop in, your questions and requests are not taken nearly as seriously as those who are there every day.

Harrison Road Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2007
I'm afraid that our experience has not been the greatest. I too have found that parent evolvement is NOT encouraged. My daughter and son have both attended HRE for 3 years. My daughter has had an ok experience but my son has not been as lucky. The facilities are new and in very good shape but I have concerns about the staff and leadership. I do have to say that one bright spot in all of this has been a Kindergarten teacher named Mr Spears. You couldn't ask for anything better from him! Thank your lucky stars if you are able to get your child in his class.

Posted November 09, 2006
Harrison Road has a saying 'Children First'. I love having my child go to this school. The staff is very friendly and they truly care about the well being of my child. When my child was having problems in reading they made sure that she received the services that she needed. I am unable to be involved as much as I would like but when I am involved the staff welcomes me. I have never felt as though they did not want me there. Harrison Road displays a positive attitude from the administration down to the support staff. They truly put Children First.

Posted November 08, 2006
Harrison Road is a wonderful school. My daughter has been at Harrison Road since 2001 and has had great teachers each year. Our Principal and Assistant Principal are great and very involved. We have great activities for the kids. I have greatly enjoyed my daughters experience at Harrison Road.

Harrison Road Elementary School 3

Posted September 23, 2006
Harrison Road School is not parent friendly. They do not encourage parent envolvement and prefer parents aren't invovled. What a shame! Additionally, the school buses take forever to bring the kids, home generally 20 minutes late.

Harrison Road Elementary School 2

Posted March 17, 2006
quality of academics, I have a child who has struggled in school all his academic career. We moved to Spotsy in 04 and as a 5th grader he was on honor roll the entire year as a matter of fact between grade 3 and 5 about 97% of kids attending the school made honor roll the entire year. After seeing this I have very little faith in the teachers there and the education they seem to be overlooking and not teaching our children.

Harrison Road Elementary School
6230 Harrison Road, Fredericksburg, VA  22407
Last modified Harrison Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harrison Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top