No rating

Faith Baptist School

Private | PK-12 | 309 students

Living in Fredericksburg

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $200,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,230.

Posted April 24, 2014

Faith Baptist School has been a wonderful experience for our children! They have learned SO MUCH more here, and the teachers are outstanding. Our children look forward to going to school, and we as parents don't have to worry about things like bullying, etc. Without hesitation, I would recommend this school to any family looking for a solid, Christian-based education for their children!

Posted April 10, 2014

Faith Baptist School in Fredericksburg, VA is an excellent school. This is our first year at this school and our son is in 9th grade. He didn't want to go to private school because he plays basketball and was concerned that he wouldn't like the sports. Well, he LOVES this school and this was also the first time the boys Varsity and JV won the state championships. It has been a great year and he's ready to go back next year. The boys get along well. The teens are very supportive of one another and the whole school feels like a big family. The only thing I'd like to see more of is teachers calling parents when grades begin to slip. We have gotten so used to internet based programs that the one-on-one is missing and I prefer more involvement with teachers, especially when a child is struggling. We don't always get on the internet so even a note would help us out because we aren't in the classroom to see how things are going. I love the teachers....just would like more contact from them.....even if it was an email because after the interims or report cards come home, it's too late. All of our kids will be going here next year.

Posted May 16, 2013

Very humbled staff who truly care about the students. My kids have been there for 2 years and I'm very impressed with their accademic progress and their spiritual growth. The school is also the most affordable for private schools in the area.

Posted November 28, 2012

Incredibly organized, productive, and my children love it. We are so grateful to be there.

Posted October 5, 2012

I am very pleased with the education and love my children receive at this school. The school is well staffed, very organized and always availible to discuss any concerns. My kids love it.

Posted January 2, 2012

I love this school great teachers,staff,and no bullies and my daughter recieved straight a's i highly recommend this school from every parent.

Posted November 2, 2011

We are thrilled to have our children at this school. Loving environment, with great accademic standards.

Posted November 2, 2011

I can say enough great things about this school. The staff is so loving and humble. My children love it here! The accademic standards are a plus. very organized administration as well.

Posted June 27, 2011

My children began at Faith just this past school year after being in another private school. I cannot say enough good things about this school. It was a breath of fresh air and my boys loved it. They needed the extra dose of structure that Faith has implemented. My one son, who did not excell in school, comes home excited to do his homework and study for his weekly tests. He has a new found love for school and seeks to do his best. We love it!!

Posted March 4, 2009

We are very happy with Faith Baptist. We came back after having our children in public schools. Our children have to catch up because the public schools are behind Faith's academics. But everyone at the school has gone out of their way to make our children feel welcome. I can not say enough about the new principal. He is great.

Posted November 23, 2008

My son is a First Grader at Faith Baptist School. We have been thrilled with the academics and the overall school. We would and often do recommend Faith Baptist School to others.

Posted January 29, 2008

My daughter has attended Faith Baptist since she was in their early education classes as a three-year old. Her academics far exceed those of her peers attending the public schools. The band won national competition last year and they have a winning boys soccer team. The basketball teams are very competititve as well. Other competitions in music, voice, speech, debate and art take place on the regional and state level every year. I have two sons who are special needs and they are attending classes in the public schools. Faith is just as safe as the public schools. Teachers all have identification they must wear. Doors are locked during the day so that all visitors must enter through a certain door where they are required to sign in-- regardless of whom they are visiting and how short the visit. Overall an excellent school

Posted September 12, 2007

Excellent school. Solid academics with faculty that truly care about the children and mentor as well as teach. Both of my children qualified for Scholarships while attending this school - the oldest for a Christian Leadership scholarship from extracurricular involvement with the community (he is a college sophomore now) and the youngest with an academic scholarship based on his SAT score (he is a high schoool senior this year). The school band won a National level competition for Christian schools last year. Their soccer team won the state championship for the Old Dominion Association of Christian Schools and their Basketball Teams finish third in the state. So, their music and sports programs are superior as well. Most importantly, the staff model what a dedicated Christian life looks like for the students on a daily basis.

Posted February 24, 2005

My daughter is in kindergarten at Faith Baptist Schools. We thought long and hard about sending her to private school and considered other private schools in the area. Our family also attends the church. Our daughter started in K-3 and we have enrolled her in the first grade for next year. We have been very pleased with the school and the administration. The academics are top-notch. Our daughter is reading on a first grade reading level. Extracurricular activities include sports and music. The school band has placed first in state competition and last year went to Nationals. Students are encouraged to participate in academic and talent competitions that occur between the Christian schools in the state. Faculty and staff are required to have picture IDs and doors are monitored during school hours. New facilities are being added including a enlarged computer lab. Parents' nights are well-attended and there is an active parents' organization.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • AACS

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Supports home-based learning
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4105 Plank Road