Fredericksburg, VA

Posted December 08, 2014
I attended Holy Cross MANY years ago, and my 4 year old daughter has now attended their preschool for two consecutive years. The staff is superb! The teachers foster a relationship with the parents and students that supports and encourages each child to be the best that they possibility can achieve. I have no hesitation in sending my now-2-year-old there next year and cannot wait for my eldest to start at HCA in their kindergarten class next fall.

Posted December 08, 2014
St. Mary Preschool is such a blessing. I cannot say enough good things about the teachers there. Mrs. Bain, Mrs. Bertram, and Mrs. McManus are so kind, patient, and loving and make each child feel loved. Would recommend to anyone!

Posted August 17, 2014
This is our 2nd year at H.C.A and we couldn't be happier! Our kids are challenged on a daily basis! Lots of parental involvement, community is great, the Oblate Sisters do a good job running the school! Yes, it has its hiccups like any other school, but we couldn't be happier!!

Posted October 23, 2013
HCA is a blessing to both children and parents. Extremely fortunate that the Oblate Sisters and the amazing staff give of themselves for the benefit of the kids. No school is perfect, as no person is perfect, but this little school is a gem! We have been lucky to call it home for 14 years and counting!

Posted October 23, 2013
God created Holy Cross Academy (HCA), and I cannot be more happy and proud that he did. My two children attended HCA from kindergarten through eighth grades and the benefits and rewards that my husband and I see from their experience there is wonderful. HCA provided our children with a great elementary and middle school education, in addition to enhancing their knowledge of God s love in the Catholic faith, and it was due to the loving environment and exceptional administrative staff and teachers that have dedicated their lives to them and America s youth. As we look back, we feel so blessed that our children attend HCA.

Holy Cross Academy 1

Posted October 10, 2013
My kids attended Holy Cross Academy for 6 years. We chose a parochial school for the benefits of our children learning and practicing their faith. We liked the idea that it was essentially run by nuns. However, the culture of the place does not represent a place of faith. I have known many families that have left due to children being bullied and the administration doing nothing about it. There is absolutely no consistancy in discipline or standards of behavior. Even physical assaults went unpunished. The culture is as much about adult clicks as those in the student population. There are 4 sisters in the same family working there as teachers and 2 of the nuns are blood sisters. That leaves very little room for fair professional behavior. Very dysfunctional place.

Posted January 04, 2013
My children attended HCA 4 years ago. My husband is military and we unfortunately needed to move on. Of the 5 schools we have attended HCA is by far the best, The community is amazing. I always tell people this school has a heartbeat, and you can feel it when you walk in the doors. There was no mandatory volunteering like many other schools we have attended, but there didn't need to be. The parents were a rare crowd of people who stepped up to help wherever needed. The Sisters are sweet, unbiased, loving women who make this school "all about the children"!

Posted December 13, 2012
My daughter went to Holy Cross for 7th and 8th grade. Excellent school. She played field hockey and made many friends. There were about 60 kids in 8th grade, so the teachers knew all the kids. My daughter is in public school now and I really miss the small school atmosphere.

Posted January 15, 2012
Excellent school. Our children learn and live their faith while receiving an excellent education. Teachers are dedicated and always willing to work extra with students during recess or after school. HCA provides a safe, caring, learning environment and are true to their motto - It's all About the Children! Our children love it there and so do we!

Posted March 18, 2011
Holy Cross Academy is a wonderful school with supportive parents, superior teachers and wonderful administrators. They live out their motto, It's About the Children! The academics are the strongest in the area and the spirit is great. We love it!

Holy Cross Academy