Fredericksburg, VA

Conway Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2014
I think the school has many great and dedicated teachers and staff, the problem is the huge classroom sizes, and the need to teach to the test. My kindergartner was standardized tested, I understand the need to make sure they are making progress, but was really disappointed in our public school systems, this isnt the fault of Conway. I was concerned for my son - he was 5 years old in a classroom of 26 kids one teacher and a part time aid, those are staggering teacher student ratios. We decided to pull our son and find a better learning environment for him (no standardized testing, no teaching to the test and two full time teachers for kindergarden and first grade). We see a clear difference.

Posted April 01, 2014
I was worried about the large size of Conway when my daughter started kindergarten, but those fears are gone! It is clear Principal Raybold (JR) expects a lot from the teachers, and we have not been disappointed. JR knows each child's name, which is just incredible to me. He sets the example for his school, and each child feels important. We love Conway!

Posted March 23, 2014
I am extremely confident in Principal Raybold and his staff. I have never met an administration so friendly, respectful and dedicated to my child. My son's teacher keeps me in the loop daily and sends home a summary of the weeks activity every Friday. The PTA is always coming up with neat ideas in terms of fundraising and currently have organized after school enrichment programs. Phone calls are made and emails are sent when necessary, which provides peace of mind. I am proud my son goes to Conway and other parents I speak to have nothing but great things to say about the staff and how the school is run.

Posted March 15, 2014
Dedicated to the well being and academic advancement of all student. Top notch teaching and administrative staff.

Posted March 11, 2013
I have had 2 children go to this Conway. It is a wonderful school with excellent staff. My son has had some of the best teachers I could ever ask for.

Posted February 10, 2012
Our sons have and do attend Conway. The teachers and staff care deeply about each child in the school and make a phenominal effort to encourage and challenge each student. It's a strong anti-bullying school. The teachers, staff, and students promote and celebrate cultural differences. The PTA is very, very involved, and parents are always welcome to volunteer in the classrooms. It is truely a school community.

Posted November 29, 2011
An excellent school where both the teachers and the principal seem to genuinely care about all of the children, including my nine year son. Keep up the good work!

Posted July 24, 2011
I especially love the leadership that Mr. Raybold brings to this school. Every day the kids are taught about EFFORT and INTEGRITY which are as important as academics. My children have very different needs from autism to ahead of grade level, to needing a little extra help and all of their needs have been met here. I am so happy my kids are Conway Cougars!

Posted May 13, 2010
Conway Elementary is a wonderful school. I have three sons that span 15 years of dealing with schools in three states! This has been by far the best experience we have ever had with public schools. The teachers and administrators are top notch. They are kind and caring. The teachers and staff nurture and expect nothing less than a student's personal best. Mr. Raybold is the new principal this year. I have never meet a more dedicated and outgoing principal. He is always smiling and very involved with all of his staff, students and parents. He has children of his own and understands what it means to be a parent. He is very visible and always greets my children and me with a smile. The school also offers many extra activities outside of the normal school day. Conway also has a great group of parents who participate at this school.

Conway Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2010

Conway Elementary School
105 Primmer House Road, Fredericksburg, VA  22405
Last modified Conway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Conway Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top