Fredericksburg, VA

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted July 12, 2015
I am sure they are trying, but the huge classroom size makes any real attention difficult. If the child learns respect it is in the home, and only the home.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted July 12, 2015
Great big sign in the cafeteria - no sharing. Broke my heart. I understand allergies, but there is a much better way to express that.

Conway Elementary School 2

Posted July 12, 2015
Conway, as with many others in our area is doing the best with what they have, the problem is they have very little funding and overcrowded classrooms. We left Conway not because of a big incident, but rather a really mediocre experience. We didnt want our children to have a mediocre education. They have some really great teachers, but they give them 25 or 26 students. Way overcrowded, and forget it if you have one or two children who have behavioral issues, the whole class is affected because it eats up the teacher's time and energy. And Stafford public schools are not doing so great on the national stage either. I would suggest seeking alternative schools in the area. We pulled our children and have been very happy with their new school. A class of 14 and two full time teachers for kindergarten.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 12, 2015
They are overworked with classes too large for K, or even first or second grade. There is no way to be effective in a classroom of 25 kindergarteners.

Conway Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2014
I think the school has many great and dedicated teachers and staff, the problem is the huge classroom sizes, and the need to teach to the test. My kindergartner was standardized tested, I understand the need to make sure they are making progress, but was really disappointed in our public school systems, this isnt the fault of Conway. I was concerned for my son - he was 5 years old in a classroom of 26 kids one teacher and a part time aid, those are staggering teacher student ratios. We decided to pull our son and find a better learning environment for him (no standardized testing, no teaching to the test and two full time teachers for kindergarden and first grade). We see a clear difference.

Posted April 01, 2014
I was worried about the large size of Conway when my daughter started kindergarten, but those fears are gone! It is clear Principal Raybold (JR) expects a lot from the teachers, and we have not been disappointed. JR knows each child's name, which is just incredible to me. He sets the example for his school, and each child feels important. We love Conway!

Posted March 23, 2014
I am extremely confident in Principal Raybold and his staff. I have never met an administration so friendly, respectful and dedicated to my child. My son's teacher keeps me in the loop daily and sends home a summary of the weeks activity every Friday. The PTA is always coming up with neat ideas in terms of fundraising and currently have organized after school enrichment programs. Phone calls are made and emails are sent when necessary, which provides peace of mind. I am proud my son goes to Conway and other parents I speak to have nothing but great things to say about the staff and how the school is run.

Posted March 15, 2014
Dedicated to the well being and academic advancement of all student. Top notch teaching and administrative staff.

Posted March 11, 2013
I have had 2 children go to this Conway. It is a wonderful school with excellent staff. My son has had some of the best teachers I could ever ask for.

Posted February 10, 2012
Our sons have and do attend Conway. The teachers and staff care deeply about each child in the school and make a phenominal effort to encourage and challenge each student. It's a strong anti-bullying school. The teachers, staff, and students promote and celebrate cultural differences. The PTA is very, very involved, and parents are always welcome to volunteer in the classrooms. It is truely a school community.

105 Primmer House Road, Fredericksburg, VA  22405
Last modified Conway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Conway Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top