Bad
Good

This is a wonderful elementary! The children have a great support system and a bond with the teachers!!! I believe parent involvement is key to having a great school and this school encourages involvement. I love the security of this school also, they won't let anyone in without signing in first. The PTA puts on a wonderful Pumpkinpalooza around Halloween and it's fantastic and a great time to get to know other families at Echo Lake.

Echo Lake is a wonderful academic elementary school. My son attended Echo Lake for 4th and 5th grade. The students are excited about education. Many of the students attended from k-5th grade. So they pretty much grew up together, and have created a lot of memories that will last a lifetime. My son teacher was awesome, and we will definitely miss her. She was so involved in teaching her students, and cared for every student she had.

I am guessing that the rank of 10 is solely based on testing scores. Yes, the students do well on a state test, but guess what, that has a lot to do with the families that send the kids there. Test scores are not about how well a school is doing. My fourth child is going through Echo Lake and I have never liked it. The principal doesn't seem to have much common sense. The office staff is incredibly rude and hard to work with. I was told once that I had to pick up my son because it was his 2nd visit to the nurse in one day, even though he had no fever. Policies like that are not logical. It's a great school if you are a stay at home mom, but if you're a working mother with a busy family, forget it. This school is not geared for working moms. The projects they assign are for looks and can only be completed by parents. Other than that, most of the teachers have been positive and supportive. The counseling depart is no help at all and I actually had a teacher ask me constantly whether my son was on ADD medication yet. They are not supposed to ask questions like that. They are supposed to support my child where he is. I felt like they looked down on me because I could not volunteer.

We spent 6 years at this school (K-5) and it is exceptional. Don't hesitate to send your child here. Wonderful, wonderful experience.

Community oriented school with teachers that go the extra mile.

I am so happy with this school. The staff is so friendly , it feels like your in a big family . The academics adn extra curricular activities are great and so well balanced . I am extremely satisfied with it.

It is clear why Echo Lake is repeatedly ranked as one of the state's top schools. We are so pleased we picked it. Outstanding academic programs - both during and after school. Excellent after school activities. Staff is exceptional and student body can't be beat. Clearly outstanding in the community.

Overall I have been disappointed in Echo Lake in general. They are very good about child saftey and academics, but on the down side their is too much homework for children K-5 age, sometimes it is just busy work with very little educational value. Also, they are very strict about policing what you may not do, such as fight, but they fail to mention what you should do, such as be kind, help others, and have a positive attitude. There are some lovely people on staff, and frankly a few stinkers as well.

This is a wonderful school! There are virtually no discipline problems. Warm, loving environment; experienced, kind teachers (for the most part)and a fabulous and very involved principal and vice principal. The PTA is very active. Parents can be found at school functions, school-community joint functions, reading to their child's class or having lunch with their child on any given day. Echo Lake is in a beautiful, cheerfully decorated building and the atmosphere is friendly and safe.

Last modified Echo Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.