Glen Allen, VA

Colonial Trail Elementary School 2

Posted January 18, 2014
Little to be desired for a child with ADHD or needs extra assistance. The teachers do not get enough assistance in the classroom. This school is extremely challenging as well! They've qualified for a less structured SOL guideline thus teachers are able to move from the normal curriculum. I believe my child is pushed too hard at this school. I think if my child started with this structure then maybe it wouldn't feel like too much. Forced to memorize math problems and complete 30 in 1 minute, study nouns and pronouns and read chapter books only in the 2nd grade. For a normal child, maybe this would just be a challenge, but for a child struggling with ADHD it's been a challenge and hard to keep up with not only the fast paced curriculum but for homework too! The teacher only sticks to scheduled Counceling dates set forth by the principle, but refuses to meet outside those designated time (once every 3 months). They also cater to the families that has a "stay at home parent". Even open house was scheduled durin the middle of the day of which you would have to take a day off to meet the teacher. It's been a very frustrating year and I look forward to moving my child next year.

Posted August 22, 2013
The teachers and office staff are top notch! Everyone cares about The students! The PTA and community work together to make the Education of the students the top priority at all times. It is my understanding That the new principal with his focus on 21st century skills will bring Colonial Trail Elementary to the next level of Excellence!

Posted May 17, 2013
Colonial Trial is a fantastic school. Principle has great leadership and the pinciple teacher dynamics are great and the school is run at very high standard not only academically but artistically and physically. Teachers are very dedicated and mostly live in the area and have deep vested interest in the well being of the children and the community. Children from Kindergarten on are pooled into small groups and given customized academic enrichments. Parents involvement is great, lots of parents volunteers year round. My older child is going to middle school this year and my younger one is a rising 2nd grader. We love CTES!

Posted October 09, 2012
Colonial Trail is an excellent school! My third child has just started kindergarten here and is having a wonderful experience. He can't wait to get on the bus each morning. His teacher has provided him with such a smooth transition into elementary school. My middle child also had this same teacher, and she was amazing with him as well!I feel that the teachers at this school go beyond the call of duty in making sure all individual needs are met in the classroom. We have had only good experiences with the faculty and staff .My oldest child who is now in middle school could not have been any more prepared. Colonial Trail does an outstanding job in educating children.

Posted February 09, 2012
This is an outstanding school. We transferred to this school last year so that we could provide a better education for our children. It was the best decision. What a difference this school has made in our children's lives. They are more confident, are excelling in math and reading and get off the bus smiling, excited to go back to school. The principal is exceptional and always available. The school is great with communication to the parents and the safety of the children. My children's teacher is passionate about her job and the success of her students. We rate this school outstanding!!

Posted November 07, 2010
Colonial Trail is an innovative school that is continuously creating new projects and contests to protect the environment and encourage recycling, healthy living, as well as supporting the local community. Additionally, the staff operates with a students first attitude and presents as a united team.

Posted October 17, 2010
It is a beautiful school that is run by dedicated staff and parent volunteers. The teachers are involved in more than just teaching--they truly care about our children.

Posted October 04, 2010
We are so pleased with our CTES experience! The facilities, teachers, principal, PTA, and parent involvement are all top notch.

Posted October 01, 2010
The teachers and staff are very caring and make the children and parents feel confident that Colonial Trail Elementary school is the best both academically and socially.

Posted September 24, 2010
My kids look forward to Monday. The leaders in the school apply the perfect amount of discipline and fun while being so interactive with the kids!

12101 Bacova Drive, Glen Allen, VA  23059
Last modified Colonial Trail Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colonial Trail Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 188 reviews. Top