Hampton, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 12, 2014
I moved here recently and due to large classroom sizes, decided to enroll my daughter at St. Marys. Enrolling my daughter there was one of the best decisions we made. The teachers are great and the children love the marine science program. Our daughter came in reading at grade level and now reads 3 grades above her level due to her teachers dedication. We absolutely love St. Marys.

Posted May 05, 2014
Great school. Your child will get a quality education and the atmosphere is positive and uplifting.

Posted February 08, 2014
Best school for your money. With the new outdoor classroom, children are challenged to be global citizens and be amazed by God's creations. My children LoVe going to school every day and count down the days to go back when on break. My son's middle school teachers work with him, esp organization which is nothing something you would find at most schools. We can't say enough great things about our school!!

Posted January 03, 2014
I have 2 children at St. Mary's and they look forward to going to school everyday. The teachers there are great, they all take an active role with the children and will eagerly meet with parents when needed and then work together to help the children succeed. They continually challenge them and give them a way to express their creative side. Everyone there is friendly and you feel like a part of a family.

St Mary Star Of The Sea School 1

Posted November 15, 2013
We sent our son to Pre-School here and unfortunately, will always regret it. His teacher was dishonest and ill-equipped to handle the children. She tampered with his grades and the school made excuses for it. We were told by the end of the year, he wasn't "ready" for Kindergarten (we sent him to Kindergarten elsewhere). Now years later, he is an honor student and is gifted. Pre-School should be a fun, nourishing time for young children. Instead, our experience at St. Mary's was stressful and negative. As a parent, it caused me plenty worry and sleepless nights.

Posted November 06, 2013
This is the best school in the area if you want to see your child nourish her/his educational and spiritual needs. You don't need to be Catholic to come here but the moral values instilled by the Sisters, teachers, families and fellow students to our children are insurmountable - money can't buy (not even your credit cards!). I am a parent and involved with some school's activies - for parents who have nothing good to say about St. Mary Star of the Sea School SHOULD TRY TO ENGAGE THEMSELVES BY VOLUNTEERING TO SOME ACTIVITIES THE SCHOOL HAS - a lot of times we cannot judge a book without actually going through the pages. The school needs VOLUNTEERS, please share your talents, wisdom and HAPPY-FRIENDLY FACES!

Posted November 06, 2013
Saint Mary's is a great school. I know many families that have children there and look forward to when I can send my granddaughter to the school. The new Marine Science program is a great example of how this school incorporates new ideas into the curriculum. I like the fact that the Sisters are running the school and that students get to grow in their faith with the religion classes and weekly mass. One parent told me that their child is going to leave middle school with credits for high school in Science, Math, History and Spanish. What a great start to high school for the Saint Mary's students. I also worked with a graduate of the school and she had fond and lasting memories from when she attended Saint Mary's. I only wish that I had been here in the area when my own daughters were going to school as I would have gladly sent them to Saint Mary's.

Posted November 06, 2013
I have two children who currently attend St. Mary Star of the Sea School and they love it. I love the fact everyday they are taught about their faith and that all the teachers are friendly and helpful. Since We first started there everyone has always made you feel like you part of a family. We all love the school. It is a great school!!

St Mary Star Of The Sea School 1

Posted October 15, 2013
Sadly, I cannot recommend St. Mary Star of the Sea, particularly the Junior High program. Ultimately, communication was poor between the parents and teachers and the treatment of our boys was unacceptable. As parents, we often felt disrespected, and undermined. Some of the teachers were truly unkind and unprofessional. We felt our children were not flourishing and the spirit simply wasn't alive there. I also believe some of the academics have begun to slip, especially in Math over the past year or two.

Posted May 21, 2013
My niece is a Pre K student at St. Mary Star of the Sea School. It is important to me that she is happy with her teachers and that she is secured with her surrounding and environment. Like all the parents, I want positive experience for her in all aspects of learning and also introduction to religion. She is 4 years old, she is curious and she is wise for her age, and all she ever talks about is her school. During weekends she asks to go to school. She is anxious when Monday morning arrives so that she can go to school. I have had the opportunity to meet with some of the staff members while visiting Virginia and I feel very comfortable and at ease with the decision to have enrolled her into this school. I am forever grateful that we have found a school that is suitable for my niece. Thank you.

St Mary Star Of The Sea School
14 North Willard Avenue, Hampton, VA  23663
Last modified St Mary Star Of The Sea School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Mary Star Of The Sea School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top