PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted May 24, 2016
My kids have attended Saint Mary Star of the Sea School since they were 4 yrs old, and now I have one graduating 8th grade and one in the 6th grade. Each year I saw my two kids grow into their faith, grow in confidence, and grow in knowledge. My kids love St. Mary's and looked forward to attend school each day. Class sizes were small so the kids became close, like a family. Teachers guided them and made time to provide individual attention. When my kids started school there, I thought they would just attend PK and then move on to public school, but each year they would learn something new about our faith and would share it with me so as they grew in faith so did my husband and I. We were sold on the school. St. Mary's has helped shaped my daughter to be a strong and confident leader who will continue to be a servant of God and her community. I also foresee, her brother following in that direction as well. St. Mary's has been a major part of my children's life and I thank all the teachers who have helped me raise such responsible and respectful children.

St Mary Star Of The Sea School 4

Posted May 23, 2016
this marks the third year of our family's involvement with SMSSS. we've had a great experience. the teachers are caring & dedicated professionals, who drive my children to do more than average. they care about their interests & foster them. i do wish there were a few other after school activities or opportunities for the younger grade levels (e.g. the marine science project), but i believe that they are trying. i moved to the area & chose the school on faith - it was a great decision.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 23, 2016
I believe that Sr. Mary John is doing well to lead the school in a firm yet loving way. The expectations for the students are very clear, and the system of discipline is more than fair to help students learn from their mistakes. She is kind, possesses a great sense of humor, and works to ensure that families are given ample opportunity to engage in school activities & celebrations. She's a great principal.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2016
The teachers & staff always push the children to raise their personal bar. There are a variety of ways for students to engage in the school community, thus developing key skills, relationships, and overall pride in the school & themselves.

Posted February 19, 2016
St. Mary offers an education which teaches critical thinking and encourages the development of moral values. It is a small school with a personal touch, seeing each student as a gifted, valuable, and loved child of God. I have watched both of my daughters grow academically, spiritually, and socially. The school and the teachers truly care about my children and want to see them reach their full potential. We are truly blessed to have such a well rounded and sound academic program in a caring environment for our girls. We also love the fact that the school has the kind and loving presence of the sisters.

Posted February 03, 2016
Saint Mary's provides a quality education in a safe, friendly environment. They genuinely want what is best for their students.

Posted February 03, 2016
My family and I are a second generation to attend St. Marys. Due to the growing classroom sizes and lack of teacher aids in Hampton City public schools, my husband and I opted to place our son at Saint Mary's. There are half as many children in his class than in public schools, and a teachers aid. The school also has a wonderful level of diversity. Even in Pre-K his teacher sends home weekly activities to help keep students ahead of the learning curve. I am extremely pleased. Don't hesitate to take a tour of their beautiful facility and meet their welcoming staff. You won't be disappointed.

Posted April 28, 2015
St Mary's School is the best thing to happen for our daughters' education. Our oldest graduated 8th grade with 5 high school classes and our youngest is thriving because of the individual attention she receives on a daily basis. This is the best money we've ever spent. When middle schoolers love going to school, you know they're doing something right!!!!

Posted March 10, 2015
We love the middle school and its teachers! The academics are outstanding - our child will graduate with 5 high school credits. The classes are small enough to get individual attention and also enable plenty of hands on learning. The school has been a great place for my child and I would recommend it to anyone.

Posted May 12, 2014
I moved here recently and due to large classroom sizes, decided to enroll my daughter at St. Marys. Enrolling my daughter there was one of the best decisions we made. The teachers are great and the children love the marine science program. Our daughter came in reading at grade level and now reads 3 grades above her level due to her teachers dedication. We absolutely love St. Marys.

14 North Willard Avenue, Hampton, VA  23663
Last modified St Mary Star Of The Sea School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8