PK-7|Private

Bad
Good

Great school, completely agree with the comments on here, my oldest daughter attended public school in Hampton and the one on one attention my youngest has received is something I truly wish I had offered my oldest. Hampton has some great public schools but Gloria Dei is truly in a league of its own.

Gloria Dei has caring teachers and staff, my daughter has been going to GD for 5 years now and is excelling in all areas.

We love Gloria Dei!! We are military and have to transfer but we wouldn't mind staying because of this school. We will miss Gloria Dei and appreciate the patience they have had with our child and the peace of mind they provided us when we left our little one in their care. The hours are great and the price is very reasonable. I recommend Gloria Dei to everyone with a school age child. :)

I believe that Gloria Dei is by far the BEST school on the Peninsula, whether public or private. I can not imagine sending my children anywhere else. Children drive from as far out as Smithfield, Virginia Beach and Williamsburg to attend this school and it is for great reason. They do an amazing job. The only problem with the school is that after attending Gloria Dei the children are TOO prepared for any public school! :) The school develops over achieving well mannered children via love and a wonderful encouraging enviornment.

The staff and teachers are genuinely dedicated to providing a great learning environment. The school is extremely organized. The children get to attend great 'specials' (p.e., music, chef class, etc) that are well thought out and very enjoyable. My child is in pre-k (4 yrs) and the only complaint I have is that they don't seem to let the kids write their name much on their own and encourage them to improve on this. I was looking for more of that, but that is the only 'complaint' I really have. We're military and there are plenty of military kids here and most of them seem quite pleased, as well.

We are a military family...children have attended schools in Germany, Alabama, Utah & Virginia; few schools we've seen even come close to Gloria Dei! Fantastic faculty, challenging curriculum, and a wonderful education setting. Our children are much older now and still consider GD the best school they ever attended. I wish I had an experience like GD when i was in school

My daughter is in her 4th year at GDL, I took her out for 4 months and tried public school. Big mistake. I highly recommend GDL to all parents.

My daughter spent 4 wonderful years at Gloria Dei and I was so happy with Teachers and Staff. She did 2 years in preschool, 1 year of pre-k and a year in kindergarden. The teachers were very informative and concerned with the children in their class and they gave excellent advice on how to help my child. The teachers were not affraid to tell you how they felt about your child and how they were doing.

The quality of academics at Gloria Dei Lutheran was outstanding while my son attended from his first until his fifth year. Then several subjects weren't taught up to the standards I came to expect. I feel also that there is a lack of diversity in the teaching staff and student population which causes many cultural problems that went un-addressed even when brought to the principle and pastor's attention.

Both teachers in a local public school system, my husband and I continue to be impressed with quality of care, academic encouragement, and extracurricular activities at Gloria Dei. After having our children in Gloria Dei, we will not send them to to the local public schools in which we ourselves teach (this is a commentary on local policies and student bodies- not on teachers). The staff at Gloria Dei are organized and loving. Children are encouraged to pursue interests besides and in addition to those dully outlined in the Virginia SOLs. Finally, the level of respect required of both the staff and students at Gloria Dei far exceeds what you will see in the hallways of any local public school- trust me. I would not have my children anywhere else. -A concerned teacher and satisfied parent

Last modified Gloria Dei Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7