School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

CCS believes passionately in assisting, not replacing, parents in the education of their children. We offer a rigorous academic program woven together by the truths of God's Word. If a school is doing its job, children will be prepared for college and career, but this is not the focus of education. Education is for the purpose of training the mind toward a truth-based application of knowledge; training the mind towards wisdom and a life-long love of learning.
August 23, 2011

Posted July 23, 2014
We couldn't be more pleased with the Christ centered education our children are receiving at CCS. Our daughters are challenged and excelling academically in an environment that encourages the values we teach at home

Posted June 22, 2014
As the previous review states, no school is perfect. CCS is no exception. But in evaluating anything, you pick out those things that are most important to aid others in their school choices. The homework load can be a bit overwhelming, but that is something presented clearly upon admission. The tests (i'm referring to 3rd grade) are mostly full written complete sentence answers which blows me away! They really make sure these kids KNOW the information. No short term memory work here! Teachers very accessible and willing to work with my children and myself in our difficulties. I don't know how many teachers would respond back to my 10:00 pm email at 10:05, but ours did! Sure there are some things that could improve, but are they worth worrying others about? Nope! I can take these minor incidents to the principal and handle them without hassle. My children are precious cargo and I handle their school choice with great care.

Calvary Classical School 1

Posted December 20, 2013
Clearly these comments are all biased, There is no perfect school. I would love a real evaluation. Also looking at the dates it seems as the the reviews were prompted by school administrators. I have heard good and bad about this school from people that have come and gone, both students and teachers it is sad that these reviews are so biased. :(

Posted August 15, 2013
A positive, loving culture with high standards for academics and character. An excellent continuation of our personal parenting.

Posted August 15, 2013
Calvary is a unique school that provides students a fantastic opportunity to learn a large quantity of material in a small class setting. Teachers love teaching and students love learning - this is the environment parents crave for their children.

Posted August 15, 2013
We are an Air Force family who just left the Hampton Roads area after 3 awesome years at CCS. On the last day of school, I wept, and that is no exaggeration. This school is a family. They nurtured and loved our girls through Pre-K, Kindergarten and 1st grade and the education they received is second to none. Some of the literature in the welcome packet says, "You'll wish you could go back to school!" and that is true! The techniques and methods they use to teach all subjects are amazing. They are not teaching to a test, they are teaching the children how to learn. They learn so much and they LOVE going to school! And all of it is done with positive attitudes, loving discipline and an abundance of excellence in every area. Field trips, soccer teams, music, art, drama... all there. Individual attention and encouragement, SMALL class sizes, a secure environment. And above all, these people are committed to showing the love of Jesus to the children in their care, and teaching them how to share that love with the world around them and beyond. The tuition we paid was the best money we have EVER spent. You can't go wrong with CCS.

Posted August 15, 2013
The perfect place for our kids. You could not find a better school! We are so pleased with our home away from home.

Posted August 14, 2013
Calvary Classical School is an amazing Classical school with intelligent, nurturing and excellent teachers and staff.

Posted August 14, 2013
Calvary Classical School is a wonderful Christ- centered school that I have not only attended, but have also had the pleasure to work at. I attended Calvary from K5 until 7th grade. As a student, I always enjoyed the teachers who were eager to go the extra mile. The small class sizes were delightful environments to build relationships that I still have, as well as to receive a personal learning experience. As an employee, working at the school was both uplifting and exciting. Many special guests have come to visit the school, providing their audience with learning in a fun way. The teachers are very responsive and have Christ as their focus. The classical model which I began learning at Calvary has continually been critical to my education and spiritual growth. The Grammar stage is crucial for those who wish to continue the trivium because it teaches students how to think, not what to think. It teaches children the basics of proper speaking and writing. I would strongly recommend this school to any family looking for a Christian school with caring teachers and exciting opportunities for learning and growth.

Posted August 12, 2013
Before Calvary taking my daughter to school was a struggle. Now, she is excited, enthusiastic, and really connected with her peers. This school is our educational home! I highly recommend Calvary for any family looking for a school that brings you into the fold. We are beyond happy with the transformation that our daughter has made.

Calvary Classical School
403 Whealton Rd, Hampton, VA  23666
Last modified Calvary Classical School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Calvary Classical School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top