Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The staff is welcoming. The school seems to have a lot to offer the students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are strict but kind and caring at the same time. There has never been a time that my grandson has come and said his teacher was being unfair to him. When he got in trouble in class, he always knew it was his fault , not the teachers..

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes, they have policies in place that do not tolerate bullying, bad behavior etc. We have had a couple of issues on the school bus, and even there, the school has gotten on top of the situations immediately!

Great teachers, great staff, great school overall..My grandson Michael Truckenmiller, started Kindgarten in 2011 and we have been always satisfied with the curriculum, the teachers dedication and how much they care overall. I have another grandson starting school next year and I am looking forward to his time there as well..I want to thank all the Teachers we have been associated with so far! Mrs Roberts, Ms Butts, Mrs Salazar, and one more, that I can't remember her name, sorry..Keep up the great work!

Develops character: Strongly agree

The guidance department goes to classes and teaches these specific traits and how it looks when you use them.

We bike to school and the greatness starts with Miss Jennie the crossing guard. Teachers communicate well and use creative and fun ways to engage the kids. They have incredible access to technology. The school is very diverse which adds to its greatness. The administration is prompt in handling any parent concerns. York County can keep their schools!

My daughter had previously attended TABB, a York Co. School. I can honestly say that we are much happier at Phenix! This school has the best parent/staff communication I've ever seen. They have a fantastic curriculum, the teaching staff is phenomenal, and they have an outstanding band and chorus program!

I consider myself to be an involved parent that is an inquiring mind. My daughter attends and has been there for about four years from elementary to currently middle school. I've found that the staff from the principal to the teachers communicate very well and keep everyone up to speed with voicemails as well as emails. My child was an A/B Honor Roll student prior to attending and has maintained that throughout her matriculation thus far. When she's taken SOL testing, she's gotten higher scores in the average category as well as above average many times. Sometimes it does seem that the teachers give quite a bit of homework, however I would rather them do that than not to ensure that the material is being learned. The teachers seem to be enthusiastic about teaching, creative, and fair. They also have a great band program as well. The schools had a traffic problem in years past, but have resolved it this year and it flows very smoothly now. Overall I think it's a great school!

my daughter is doing well, the teacher keep a line of communication open with the parents. Incidence which has occurred was resolved in a positive manner. overall the school has a great environment conducive to learning.

I will not rate the school too poorly because the issue I am having may be an isolated case. My daughter is in the 4th grade and went from being an A-B honor roll student to being a B-C-D student and I had to get her outside tutoring, where when she was assessed showed that she was on a 3rd grade math level. Her math notebook for the year has maybe 18-20 pages of work in it and we are now at the end of May. My child has been tested more than once on exams so that the teacher could report the better grade (which she does for the entire class when 3/4 to all of the class fail an exam or quiz). I called the assistant principal to discuss and inform him of the issues and he did not say he will investigate and get back to me he just stuck up for the teacher and said that her scores show that she is on the same track as the other 4th grade teachers. My daughter's 2nd & 3rd grade teachers were excellent but I won't risk her getting another teacher like this year so I am sending her to another school for 5th grade. When at an assembly the principal says she knows that a lot of the kids failed the math SOL (2012) but not worry a lot of other schools did as well, it's time to go

Last modified George P Phenix Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.