Hampton, VA

Posted March 18, 2014
I looooove Forrest!!! I've had two daughters attend. 8 years apart. And the standard of excellence has definitely maintained. Friendly caring staff from the office to the lunch room. Forrest always feels like home. Education. Social development. Community involvement. I honestly couldn't ask for more. I loooooove Forrest!!!

Alfred S. Forrest Elementary School 4

Posted February 21, 2009

Alfred S. Forrest Elementary School 1

Posted December 10, 2008

Posted January 07, 2008
Excellent school! Compared to the DOD school that my son went to overseas last year, this school is top notch. The teachers and the administration are both concerned with their students progress.

Posted July 11, 2007

Alfred S. Forrest Elementary School 3

Posted December 29, 2005
For my daughter in the Kindergarten class at this school, there are some things that I have found pretty interesting on a positive and negative point of view. Positive: There is certainly a wide variety of activities that the kids do like: art, math, music, and other subjects. Which keeps them busy through out the day. Negative: I wish for the teachers to do a little more research on the activites they would be exposing the children to. And to also address the dress code issue for those certain teachers who seem to forget that they are working in a elementary school and around young children. Also, to pay attention towards the other children for what they may like to present in class activites. Foreclosure, the level of parental involvement seems to be pretty good. But there is always room for improvement.

Posted March 16, 2004

Posted March 03, 2004
My son has been fortune to have 4 great teacher's who are very hands on and care about each and every child. The 3rd grade teacher's have a lot of responsibilty, cause when I visit my son the kids are more than a handfulwith very different personality, and it can be hard to keep them focused. It seems they do it out of love not to get a pay check, which I would give a raise to those who are deserving of such. There are several things that I would to see, 1.more time at recess 2.smaller classes 3. more parent involvement 4.we have to understand that teachers are just part of a ship, we shouldn't complain when our child/children fail,because the signs were probably there, we(parents)just don't want to deal with another problem,even though it is said that it's the teachers fault when it is first our involvement that is the main ingredient.

Alfred S. Forrest Elementary School
1406 Todds Ln, Hampton, VA  23666
Last modified Alfred S. Forrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alfred S. Forrest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top