Bad
Good

Armstrong has great programs and great staff both of my children attended Armstrong. I know it's hard to get into but it's worth the wait.

My children have attended this school for the last 2 years and I must say that I am highly pleased with the level of education and support. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Greatest principal I've ever known. Caring, dedicated, full of love for all her kids and their families. Hollywood should make movie about her!

This school is absolutely fantastic in more ways than one. My son has really connected with the students and faculty here and i have found that he ha relly blossomed and found himself this year. I wouldnt want him to be anywhere else!

This is the school where your children are learning through a creative, safe environment. Great Principal leadership and teachers are lovely and respectful of the children. Very happy to be part of Armstrong.

Both of my girls have attended Armstrong. My youngest is still there. The staff is A+++, very caring, well prepared and will give your child an excellent education. However, be prepared to be an involved parent because your child will have lots of homework and reading to do. It was a bit overwhelming at times when both my girls where there but it is SO worth it. Your child will be very well prepared for Middle school. And did I mention they loved it there?!

My two sons attend Armstrong, both coming from DOD schools in Europe. We came into VA so far behind and everyone at Armstrong has worked with us to get my children caught up. I'm certain this was best choice. Both my boys are strong in Math and Science but one of my kids is a great musician/singer and they foster opportunities for him to perform whenever possible. There is a good deal expected from each student but the rewards are amazing!

I'm so glad my son gets to attend this school. Love the curriculum orientation towards the arts, it has make it more fun for my son to learn. He paints, cooks, create, sings... while learning math, science, reading... there is not other school I would like my son to attend. Yes, there is homework. You want your kids to succed, right?

As I read some of the negative comments I just shake my head. I have three children at Armstrong. It is a challenging school. School gets out at 3:35 and homework gets done by 4:45 at the latest. If you can't spend an hour with your child working with them on their education then this is not a school for you. But, if you want the next best thing to a private school education and you are a supportive parent who makes time for your kids, then Armstrong is it. Great teacher support, open door policies, strong leadership. Go spend some time in the classroom!

I love this school! The office is wonderful and the first grade has been very gracious about concerns regarding homework etc. I love the creativity that is exhibited there.

Last modified Armstrong Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.