Posted October 14, 2013
This is a great public school, with a caring staff, dedicated teachers and a hard-working PTA. It doesn't get the credit it deserves. Its reading program is an important feature of the School, with an exceptional reading specialist. The principal is dynamic.

Barron Elementary School 4

Posted May 20, 2013
Barron Fundamental School is one of the better elementary schools in Hampton. It has excellent, experienced teachers and an exceptional and capable administrative staff. Our girls receive rigorous homework. The PTA is exceptional; always planning events, carnivals, book activities, dances. The resource teachers are exceptional, and we enjoy our girls learning art techniques, musical instruments (the PTA donated recorders to all 3rd graders last school year), and athletic skills. The support staff is friendly and quite involved with all aspects of running Barron. There is a strong team spirit there. As academically educated people, we want the best for our girls and we believe Barron is providing an appropriate start. The only drawback is that some, not ALL parents are not involved with the PTA and are not as discerning with social skills that children should exhibit. Otherwise, my husband and I are very happy with the education our girls is receiving at Barron.

Barron Elementary School 1

Posted September 19, 2012
Barron falls short of an acceptable school in several arenas: It does not support it's parents. It does nothing to prevent bullying and has staff that condones the behavior by doing nothing. I have special needs children that have not been treated well at all. In this past year I have convened a special meeting with the mayor's office on military affairs to partner with this school and it's lackluster administration. In the end, I opted to remove my children from this menacing environment.

Barron Elementary School 3

Posted June 21, 2012
The teachers at Barron are wonderful! They are very helpful and work with the children wonderfully. My daughter has learned so much this past school year, it's amazing to watch her grow and learn with such support. My only complaint is about some of the other students, they are VERY disruptful and it takes away from the education. As a public school system there is only so much they can do. I feel, as a parent, that correcting this behavior needs to be an 80/20 effort with the majority on the parents. I could tell you kindergarden horror stories about a few of the peers in my daughter's class.

Barron Elementary School 1

Posted March 15, 2012
This school has not met the metric for an excellent school. Poorly staffed and not at what I expected. I am a doctor in govt service and my wife is a pediatric nurse. I think we will have to consider private options

Barron Elementary School 0

Posted March 22, 2009
This is a great school!! My kids love it..I don't know what I would do with this school...We love you Barron Elem..

Barron Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2009

Posted January 19, 2009

Barron Elementary School 0

Posted November 07, 2008
I think Barron rocks!! I have three boys going there. It is to me by far the best elementary school in the area. The staff are awesome with the kids, and it is always a welcoming place to us parents. We are out of zone so I take and pick up each day and don't mind at all. We have a great PTA, the after school program is great,etc.. I couldn't be happier. Our Principal is the best one I have ever come across, and now we have a new Asst. Principal who is fansastic as well. You can't go wrong at Barron. What can I say my boys love it, and so do we.

Posted July 16, 2008

Barron Elementary School
45 Fox Hill Rd, Hampton, VA  23669
Last modified Barron Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barron Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top