Bad
Good

Posted December 12, 2013
My children have attended Booker for the past 5 years. I currently have a fifth grader and a first grader. Today we had an activity for the first graders which involved making Gingerbread babies. I loved it. My son and I truly bonded and had a fun time. Booker is a great school for kids to attend.

Posted December 12, 2013
Booker Elementary School has been awesome for my kids I have a third grader and a first grader and I have been very pleased with the teachers and the office staff.

Posted December 12, 2013
Booker was every inviting when taking my children that are out of zone. My son has a few problems that other schools in the area that seemed like they didnt know how to handle. The teachers are very nice and understanding here are at Booker. I like the way that they get the parents involved with the activities with the kids. I am so glad that Booker was here to take my 2 out of zone children and hope that they will be able to remain next year.

Posted December 12, 2013
Booker has always been a warm and inviting school with caring and dedicated staff. I attended Booker myself many moons ago so I was excited and relieved to see the school had remained a safe and positive atmosphere. I would like to see more parent involvement along with programs for children to collaborate with each other, mentor one another and become invested in the success of not just themselves but their peers and the school. I would also like to see PD for some staff members that may have lost their lust for teaching and developing children.

Posted December 12, 2013
Gingerbread activity with my twin first graders was so much fun! Story, activity and then decorating cookies was a perfect morning. The faculty is so engaged and helpful. I love the spirit of learning here!

Posted December 12, 2013
Gingerbread activity was great. Me and my daughter had a great time. Cookie was delicious.

Booker Elementary School 3

Posted December 12, 2013
The principal and teachers are very enthusiastic about being here and encouraging the kids to do their best. There are a lot of activities for kids and opportunities for parents to be involved.

Posted December 12, 2013
My children's teachers are awesome, some of the other parents have issues with theirs though. The activities are good too, sometimes ill-timed in notice, though.

Posted December 12, 2013
Booker Elementary school is a great school that offers lots of parental involvement activities. Today they offered a gingerbread cookie activity for Kindergarten and parents. I am very happy to have my children attending this school.

Booker Elementary School 3

Posted April 30, 2013
My daughter was rezoned to Booker from Phillips this past school year. It has sadly not been a positive experience...she has encountered some bullying from her classmates, and the general atmosphere at the school is disorganized as are the teachers. Her primary classroom teacher also left mid year with no notice or explanation given, which was another difficulty in an already trying school year. Phillips Elementary is just down the road but is miles beyond in quality.

Booker Elementary School
160 Apollo Dr, Hampton, VA  23669
Last modified Booker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.