Hampton, VA

C. Alton Lindsay Middle School 4

Posted January 09, 2014
Despite the extremely cold weather Tuesday night, families, students and teachers attended our Family Engagement Night at Lindsay Middle School. The teachers were warm and engaged participants in instructional strategies used to help students understand SOL concepts.

C. Alton Lindsay Middle School 4

Posted December 04, 2013
Lindsay Middle School is a wonderful place to learn. Students are able to take advanced classes including high school credit classes. Some students can leave Lindsay with 3 or 4 high school credits.

C. Alton Lindsay Middle School 1

Posted December 08, 2010
As student from this school, I think that this is possibly the worst school ever. The teachers are very judgemental and have attitdude problems. You walk in lines there even as an 8th grader. At my old school in minnesota, you didn't have to walk in lines and you didn't have "teams" that are in each grade. I think as an adolecent, you shouldn't feel like your in elementary school again. You should feel like your a step closer to becoming an adult.

Posted October 26, 2010
Thanks LMS staff! Although we have minimal exerience with VA school district, we are impressed with the involvement from the teachers and principals at LMS. They keep us well informed and up to date with our student's progress both educationally and socially. There may be teachers who are burnt out and don't care but I haven't experienced this. My opinion is that the load of the student's development should start at home and not be left up to the teachers to be truancy officers, parole officers, fill in dads (or moms), and any other role that should be filled outside the school. I expect the teachers to be educators, mentors, and role models, and this is what I have seen thus far. In order for OUR school ratings to improve parents need to step up their game and commnicate with your student and the staff!

C. Alton Lindsay Middle School 2

Posted August 01, 2010
The foundation of the school is great. What and how some of the teachers bring to the table to the children is where the problem begin. You have three types of teachers at this school. 30% of the teachers care about teaching the students, 70% are burnt out or with no experience on how to deal with certain situation dealing with children. Parents send their children to obtain an education but receive some teachers with no common ground. The principal need to take the time to observe both the student and the teacher before making a decision. The school need cameras in the class rooms. The teachers need to be monitored during at least quarterly for performance purposes. In addition, teachers need to have psychologic evaluation quarterly in order to maintain suitable for handling a high intense environment with children of dirrent background, cultures and background.

Posted November 06, 2009
that school is awsomeeeeeeee they have good teachers and students

C. Alton Lindsay Middle School 1

Posted August 27, 2009

C. Alton Lindsay Middle School 0

Posted August 17, 2009
Being a fairly new teacher at LMS, I have seen this school go through so many changes. I have never seen a group of individuals that care as much as the teachers and staff do at LMS!!! There is a unspoken 'respect/bond' that most of teachers share with one another. (In my words: 'The strong will survive and the weak will be left behind!') Lindsay Middle will continue to grow and the students will continue to succeed!!! 'Hold on tight! LMS is coming!' :)

C. Alton Lindsay Middle School 0

Posted August 14, 2009
This school is dynomite and I really think that people need to take responsibility with their kids and send the kids to school for the right reasons it's not about the teachers even though some of them don't care about the kids, but all in all we are a family and we will surpass all of the odd's that people put forward to try to destroy us. My take is if this family is not for you find you another family we can and will turn Lindsay around to be the elite middle school in Hampton Roads Thank You!!!!

Posted July 17, 2009
i love this school we have great thing to do here.

C. Alton Lindsay Middle School
1636 Briarfield Rd, Hampton, VA  23661
Last modified C. Alton Lindsay Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C. Alton Lindsay Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top