Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

There are really some caring teachers there that obviously have a passion for teaching who have compassion and set good examples when it comes to integrity and respect.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Thoughtful staff and provides a warm caring environment coupled with high standards of learning.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Not overwhelming, but a little everyday. I'm pleased of how my child has improved since being here.

The teachers are great! Very attentive to the individual needs of each student. Very welcoming and friendly office staff. My kids are excited to go to school each day.

Great school my son is in 4th grade and his teachers are awesome. Very caring, proactive and fun.

Classroom sizes are too large, many of the teachers are at an "elementary" level themselves.

No longer great. When we moved here, the school was rated high 9/10... In two short years 4/10. My son went from thriving (1st grade) to struggling (3rd grade)- mostly in math and reading. If you look at overall schools scores they went from 90s to 60-70s. When I voiced my concerns about my his challenges, I was told he doesn't qualify for services because he is getting passing grades. Just skimming by is the approach they take to getting kids though and it is UNACCEPTABLE!

I love the warm staff there. I would encourage all of my friends to place their kids there.

Also the classrooms are overfull and there are too many out of zone students. I live on beach road therefore making me INZONE so i should not have had to deal with so many other students.

Although the staff is very nice, we have been very unsatisfied with the school. Communication could use improvement. The curriculum, although I'm sure they follow requirements, is extremely unchallenging if you have a child that is above average in learning. We chose this school in the district when we had to move to Hampton because of the reviews and I am sorry that it was so inaccurate, in my opinion. I recommend parents tour this school while it is in session before committing.

Last modified Francis Asbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.