Hampton, VA
After care: No

Posted March 19, 2013
We moved to Southall Landings neighborhood partly because of Asbury's good ratings. I am so happy we did! My son loves going to school here. The staff has been very supportive of his learning. He had learning delays in the past, but has thrived for the past two years at Asbury.

Francis Asbury Elementary School 1

Posted September 17, 2010
Also the classrooms are overfull and there are too many out of zone students. I live on beach road therefore making me INZONE so i should not have had to deal with so many other students.

Posted April 27, 2010

Francis Asbury Elementary School 2

Posted December 16, 2008
Although the staff is very nice, we have been very unsatisfied with the school. Communication could use improvement. The curriculum, although I'm sure they follow requirements, is extremely unchallenging if you have a child that is above average in learning. We chose this school in the district when we had to move to Hampton because of the reviews and I am sorry that it was so inaccurate, in my opinion. I recommend parents tour this school while it is in session before committing.

Posted September 21, 2008

Posted September 18, 2008
Great school. Just moved here from Newport News and this school is great.

Posted August 07, 2008
We moved to Fox Hill from Chesapeake because of the terrific schools..My daughter has been in Asbury since Kindergarten and we love it, great teachers,principal,PTA,and parent involvement. The only problem is so many out of zone students are in the school because it is the best, it does make the class sizes way to large compared to some of the other schools.

Francis Asbury Elementary School 0

Posted November 29, 2007
This school is amazing! My child has so many allergies and before she even started school which was after school had started mind you. The nurse had notified all her teachers, all cafeteria staff and they were all trained on how to use an epi pen(the allergies(mostly food ((5 types) and 2 outside of that are life threatening). So the 1st day I took her in, I went to the nurse to give her the epi pen and she told me about all this and I was in awe, I felt safe for my daughter. I love this school!!!!!!

Francis Asbury Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2007
This will be our 2nd year and we love it to no end.

Posted October 04, 2006
as a father of 2 students attending Asbury as 'out of zone' students (and a husband of a Hampton City School teacher) - i am very happy with the entire Asbury experience my children are currently receiving.

Francis Asbury Elementary School
140 Beach Rd, Hampton, VA  23664
Last modified Francis Asbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Francis Asbury Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top