Bad
Good

I've had the pleasure of getting to know most of the staff, including the principal. They are all doing everything possible to make it a great school in Hampton. I read comments before sending my oldest to school there and was very nervous about the education he would receive. I was greatly surprised with the amount he learned and would recommend Bryan to anyone in the zone. They are on an upswing of learning, teaching and the way disturbances are handed.

This school, especially the Principal does not care about the students. I was told by the Vice Principal, who is now the Principal this year, that she did not have time to deal with my child she had more important things to do. I even complained to the school board about her and they still promoted her to Principal. They suspend students for anything, even children with special needs. Something needs to be done!!

Bryan Elem has gone downhill, and is only getting worst under Principle Stutt. It has had 4 difft principles in 5 years, and DOE site itself shows "disruptive behavior offenses" has risen to an all time high under Stutt. The school is not accredited, and if you can request your child to go to another school - DO IT!! I have had 2 children go through Bryan Elem now, for 3 years each. We were very pleased with our first experience (from 2006/7 - 2008/9). The teachers were pleasant and really on top of things. Teachers recognized him as "gifted" and began collecting work to help him get to the gifted center. The art teacher recognized his talent for drawing, and got him accepted into a specialized art program. The teachers are wonderful! Principle Slade was loved by the kids and even the teachers seemed to like her. Our more recent experience has been the complete opposite. Despite getting BETTER grades than the first, she was overlooked. Records lost. Stutt didn't know what was going on in his own school. Some students didn't even know who he was. Our child didn't want to go back again, so we pulled her out. Stutt is making things even worse. RUN!!

Jane H. Bryan is on the upswing and I think that with the consistent vision from the leadership of the school it will continue to improve in educating children and providing a positive place to learn.

My son is in special ed at Bryan after acouple of years. His first year of pre-k was at Bryan second year of pre-k was at another school. He was supposed to go the swine one but somehow didn't last minute. I feel they don't go by his IEP full and have him in one class all day everyday with 3rd 4th 5th graders. I have always had problems although the teacher is great I just think she is overwhelmed. The staff is rude to children. They never had any feild trips class parties or an award ceremonies. They never did anything fir Mothers Day or last day of school IR feild day like the rest of Hampton schools. Or maybe they did I just never knew because they never answer the phone their websites calendar only will show september or they expect my son to tell me. The only thing he tells me is who picked on him that day. I'm fed up and and have had a couple of meetings. I wished Bryan was closing and not the other one. That school was way better staffed and very parent involved. Well I must say Bryan "yes you can" .... that is motivate me to moving. Good luck to the other parents maybe I had a bad experience because my son has a disability.

Last modified Jane H. Bryan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.