Bad
Good

This school is infested with roaches well as mice. Freezing cold in the.winter. teacher student interaction is horrible. My child will never attend Cary.

Two of my children go to this school. Last school year (2012-2013) the administration was wonderful. I never worried about my kids. This school year (2013-2014) my daughter had an issue and not one administrator wanted to talk to me until I demanded to speak to an administrator. I feel its all about numbers now instead of the education.

Last year it was a great school awesome principle and assistant principal this year it is run like a prison and parents are not welcome but my son's teacher is great

My son went to pre-k there. He was in special ed and it was excellent. A lot of it as the teachers. I felt like I was welcomed and every question was And every need was attended to. They had class parties and I was always notified if there was ant kind of problem. I miss it and wished my son went there instead of Bryan. My son misses it also. His first couple of days going to Bryan he looked forward getting on the bus. After the first couple of days he did nit take to change real well and acts up in bus all the time.

Unlike the previous reviews, the ONLY good thing I have to say about this school is the Principle. My daughter has had problems with other kids and the principle handles the problems wonderfully. There were good teachers at this school a few years ago, but they have left. There are some nice teachers, but few good ones. We are moving to another district because the overall education at this school is declining rapidly. I have to teach my daughter her math every night. Only two kids in her grade passed the benchmark math tests, so it's obviously a problem with the teacher, no the students. The students are rude and undisciplined, and show no regard for anyone else. My daughter has been picked on many times for being white and has few friends. One girl even told her she wouldn't be her friend because she's white. I'm not saying their behavior is the school's fault, just be aware these things happen and your kids will not be happy. Not all the kids are like that, but it is predominant. My child is so miserable at this school we are moving.

This shcool would be fine without it's current leadership. This principal is unprofessional and refuses to deal with discipline issues. He threatens the students as a group and never follows through. Also, this principal tries to be friends with the students instead of a leader. The teachers and staff don't get the credit they deserve for being dedicated. Compared to other schools my child has attened, this is very weak in leadership.

Cary turned out to be a great surprise! My 6 year old son was in the Kind prgrm last year, and his teacher was so on top of things - she noticed his advanced reading skills and ran with it! Because of Mrs.Becker, my son has skipped 1st (most of Kind. time was spent in the 1st grade reading classes) and is now in 2nd grade with his older sister! He's doing an amazing job! He is more on level with the students in his class now then before. He is starting the advanced class (as the only 2nd grader!) and they are all pushing for him to start 3rd grade at the gifted school instead! For a public school, this is a great choice! Very in tune with their children and a great friendly staff! Definitely the best choice around!

Last modified John B. Cary Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.