Hampton, VA

Posted April 15, 2014
Two of my children go to this school. Last school year (2012-2013) the administration was wonderful. I never worried about my kids. This school year (2013-2014) my daughter had an issue and not one administrator wanted to talk to me until I demanded to speak to an administrator. I feel its all about numbers now instead of the education.

John B. Cary Elementary School 3

Posted October 18, 2013
Last year it was a great school awesome principle and assistant principal this year it is run like a prison and parents are not welcome but my son's teacher is great

John B. Cary Elementary School 4

Posted June 13, 2012
My son went to pre-k there. He was in special ed and it was excellent. A lot of it as the teachers. I felt like I was welcomed and every question was And every need was attended to. They had class parties and I was always notified if there was ant kind of problem. I miss it and wished my son went there instead of Bryan. My son misses it also. His first couple of days going to Bryan he looked forward getting on the bus. After the first couple of days he did nit take to change real well and acts up in bus all the time.

Posted March 27, 2012
Unlike the previous reviews, the ONLY good thing I have to say about this school is the Principle. My daughter has had problems with other kids and the principle handles the problems wonderfully. There were good teachers at this school a few years ago, but they have left. There are some nice teachers, but few good ones. We are moving to another district because the overall education at this school is declining rapidly. I have to teach my daughter her math every night. Only two kids in her grade passed the benchmark math tests, so it's obviously a problem with the teacher, no the students. The students are rude and undisciplined, and show no regard for anyone else. My daughter has been picked on many times for being white and has few friends. One girl even told her she wouldn't be her friend because she's white. I'm not saying their behavior is the school's fault, just be aware these things happen and your kids will not be happy. Not all the kids are like that, but it is predominant. My child is so miserable at this school we are moving.

Posted March 06, 2009

John B. Cary Elementary School 5

Posted January 23, 2009

Posted October 27, 2008

John B. Cary Elementary School 5

Posted August 17, 2008

Posted August 13, 2008
This shcool would be fine without it's current leadership. This principal is unprofessional and refuses to deal with discipline issues. He threatens the students as a group and never follows through. Also, this principal tries to be friends with the students instead of a leader. The teachers and staff don't get the credit they deserve for being dedicated. Compared to other schools my child has attened, this is very weak in leadership.

Posted August 13, 2008

John B. Cary Elementary School
2009 Andrews Blvd, Hampton, VA  23663
Last modified John B. Cary Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John B. Cary Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top