Hampton, VA
Students enrolled: 1,914

Kecoughtan High School 5

Posted October 27, 2014
I am a KHS alumni at a top-tier university. Kecoughtan has a rigorous, large AP program that helps students prepare for college classes. Many of the AP students are accepted to top-tier schools, like Virginia Tech Engineering, William and Mary, and UVA. Calculus at KHS gets perhaps the highest marks in the Peninsula with their teaching, especially in BC. I know that AP Psych consistently gets 5's for many of their students. This is the best high school in Hampton and students across the city go here to take our AP classes since we offer so many.

Posted March 28, 2014
So disappointed. Seems this school is getting by on 'reputation'. I'm not impressed with the academic standards, student behavior, parent involvement or administration. Best choice...move out of the city.

Posted May 21, 2013
I think everyone should know that this High School has some really good math teachers. They are just like any other High School with issues. I would not recommend this school unleass you are from this area, students are not treated fairly.

Kecoughtan High School 4

Posted March 29, 2012
Best High School in Hampton, VA. Great all around - teachers, sports, academics, preparing for college, and the list goes on and on.

Kecoughtan High School 5

Posted January 13, 2010
After 14 years of teaching in another district, I decided I needed a change or might leave teaching all together. I joined on at Kecoughtan 4 years ago and felt like I died and went to heaven. The students tend to work hard and are well disciplined. The staff and administration works very hard to maintain a positive learning environment. I would send my children to KHS on ay given day!

Posted October 29, 2009

Posted October 05, 2009
The best academic school in the Hampton's....

Posted October 03, 2009
Best high school in Hampton! Great sports teams, focus on academics, excellent teachers, variety of clubs and activities for students.

Posted July 03, 2009
Having worked in all of the HCS high schools I can say without any reluctance that Kecoughtan is by far the better of all. Its management, programs, skill levels, teachers, staff, adminstation is far superior. This is a known fact. The children are safe at KHS.

Kecoughtan High School 3

Posted January 11, 2009

Kecoughtan High School
522 Woodland Rd, Hampton, VA  23669
Last modified Kecoughtan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kecoughtan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top