Posted December 11, 2013
We LOVE Machen! We have had 3 of our 4 children graduate from here and are looking forward to #4 doing the same. The teachers and administrators are TOP NOTCH! We know they really care about all the students and families. We attended the Gingerbread house Family night and HAD.A.BLAST!!!

Posted November 27, 2013
I am so impressed with Machen Elementary. It is truly a nurturing and loving environment for the students. The Principle, Ms. Thomas, provides encouragement, discipline, guidance and genuine care for her students. It is clearly evident that she loves her job. Her standards are also reflective with the faculty staff. The students have a great record for perfect attendence which is clearly indicative that they enjoy going to school at Machen. Great leadership and faculty staff educating our children. I am so impressed with this school!

Posted November 20, 2013
Machen is a family, friendly community school. The teachers are very dedicated to the well being of all the children. There is a great emphasis not only on academics but parental involvement. My students enjoy going to school and knows everybody by name. One of the great schools in Hampton

Posted November 19, 2013
I am proud to work at Machen elementary school. The teachers at this school are excellent! They are extremely knowledgeable and use research-based best practices to meet the needs of all students. They care about each and every child who walks through their doors.

Posted November 19, 2013
This school is amazing. The administration Mrs. Thomas and Mrs. Green Stephenson genuinely care and spend time building a rapport with students as well as parents. The staff is dedicated and focused to child centered education. They allow the children to be an active part of their education. I would recommend this school hands down!! Its a loving and fun environment for students. They offer a program for children to thrive academically as well as socially.

Luther W. Machen Elementary School 1

Posted October 04, 2013
I have been in machen for about six years i do not recommend you child to go there it is the worst school on this planet the teachers yell at the kids sometimes even beat them with rulers and curse at them so I dont like this school at ALL dont send your child there it is miserable if they have to go to the restroom they have to go to the principle first

Posted September 02, 2013
My name is Regina Higginbotham. I came to this school when I was about six or seven. I personaly love this school I grew up in this school. I am now ten years old turn eleven in October. I love all the teachers. Next year in June I will be graduating. I will always remember this school. I love it a lot! I think that any kid who will go here will have an amazing year and years to go! I am now in fifth grade at machen. Shout out to Ms.Hammock she was and still is the best art teacher! Mrs.Friesz was my favorite and best teacher in the whole world! Mrs.Tomas was and still is a awesome, sweet, and caring principal! I love machen a lot I will always look back and remember all the fun times! Like going on the spirit of Norfolk cruse it was a lot of fun! Thanks to machen I have had the best years of my life! ~sincerely Regina Higginbotham

Posted November 10, 2008

Luther W. Machen Elementary School 0

Posted August 21, 2008
i went to this school for 5 years and personaaly i think its a great place to send your child to in order for them to get a great education. i was on honor roll for the 5 years i attended machen. i recieved numerous awards, expanded my vocabulary, and made great friends all during my time at machen elementary. i highly recommend this school to any parents or guardians in the area. honestly, i enjoyed being there. i miss those days. im looking forward to returning to machen to visit some of my old teacher such as laura edwards and janice black.

Luther W. Machen Elementary School 4

Posted November 27, 2007

Luther W. Machen Elementary School
20 Sacramento Dr, Hampton, VA  23666
Last modified Luther W. Machen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Luther W. Machen Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top