Hampton, VA

Posted October 28, 2014
I have had several issues with bullying I have notified the principal and have tryd to get him to reach out and talk to the children himself as well as send ouout he scschools policy on bullying he told me he " Will not" he left all responsibility on the school's councilor principal lacks leader ship and puts his responsibility on the school's staff and pta

Posted April 23, 2014
Burbank elm sucks- seriously don't send your kids there. Certainly don't send them there if they are special ed or special needs. Their full IEP won't be honored, they will treat your child more as a behavior problem and a burden, not as a special needs child- Seriously pulling my child out of this school and never looking back

Posted April 14, 2014
The last comment that was stated in February 2014 has to be from a STAFF member. This by far, is one of the worst public schools ever. I must say however, that there are only a couple, and I emphasize a couple of teachers that actually care about the students. I am constantly at the school because of the lack of concern from the teachers. This will be my child's last year at this nightmare. I advise anyone who is considering sending their child to this school, to do the research for yourself!.

Paul Burbank Elementary School 5

Posted February 11, 2014
Paul Burbank is an AMAZING school! The teachers all care for their students and want the very best for Them. The time and dedication the staff, teachers and the PTA put forth is noticed. Parents that don't take time into their child's education will reflect through poor judgment and negativity towards the school. I am a proud mother of Burbank!! I LOVE the children, staff, teachers and of course the PTA too! The PTA always have great activities for the whole family and truly support the school through students and teachers. Thank you Burbank for everything you have done to help my children succeed.

Paul Burbank Elementary School 2

Posted January 24, 2014
This isnt more so about the school its about Hampton City Public Schools all together. It is awful. The kids spend more time out of school then in. The curriculum is outdated and not challenging at all the days that they do go. Be prepared and have babysitters because these schools have more half days and closing then any school district I've ever seen. So far my child has been out of school almost a total of 30 days due to breaks, random closings or whatever else they come up with.Plus these kids go to school at 7am and out at 1:50pm I have never heard of kids getting out so early usually its 7am until about 2:30. I cant wait to move and get my son into a better school district.

Posted November 12, 2013
This school was not the best school and the teachers yelled a lot at the children. I remember when another student cut my hair on purpose and another student took my backpack off the hook and threw it on the ground and kicked it. Another kid kicked dirt in my mouth so there was lots of bullying in this school! Another thing I remember is when we were being sent to the bathroom to use it and this other girl took a fake laptop made of paper and wrote a whole bunch of bad words on it. The only reason I'm giving one star is because they taught spanish and I like it because at most elementary schools they don't have time to teach other languages. I went to this school for one year when I was in second grade and now I am in 5th grade at point o view and I am doing very well now.

Posted August 22, 2013
The worst school EVER!!! Moving my child to another school because of the neglect of the teachers and administration.

Paul Burbank Elementary School 5

Posted August 09, 2013
I completely agree with one aspect of a fellow parent's review below - before you send your kids there you SHOULD check it out!! IT'S WONDERFUL!!! Truly awesome teachers!!! New administration is fantastic!!!! The school's PTA is very active!!! All events I've attended at the school are timely, engaging and fun!!!! The rating on this school is TOTALLY NOT representative of Burbank!! Just come see for yourself - seriously! I have talked with parents that we exceptionally hesitant about sending their kids to Burbank because of the school's rating, until they came to the school's themselves. Now, those parents are recruiting other parents to change their kid's school to Burbank!!!

Posted April 08, 2013
This school is sorry! The teacher thought a 70 on Benchmarks was GOOD (??????) no wonder they are rated so poorly, They dumb down the system so inner city kids can pass. sad, sad, sad, and my child will NOT go there another year, or any Hampton City School! Disgraceful to the education of America's youth!

Paul Burbank Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2012
I have two children at Burbank this year and have been very pleased with the school, teachers, and staff. I have been very impressed with the parent involvement and stress by the administration (and Title I) on parent involvement, student improvement and all around student growth. The PIF (Parent Involvement Coordinator) is fabulous and I have been nothing but pleased with the additional programs, activities and support provided to help each and every student grow to their full potential. The family atmosphere is refreshing, the PTA programs are fun and inviting, and the Title 1 activities are well planned and fun. I am highly likely to rezone my kids for Burbank even if we move!!

Paul Burbank Elementary School
40 Tidemill Ln, Hampton, VA  23666
Last modified Paul Burbank Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paul Burbank Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top