Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I have more than enough problems with this school. My child came from one elementary school in Hampton to this one. Please Please Please!!! do your research and visit this school first . I am so sorry that we moved to this school zone. First the staff are certainly not the friendliest of the bunch. Most of the staff (other than a pta parent on duty I ran into one morning) acts like they are very unhappy to be there from the principal down to the janitor. Communication to the parents from the teachers is poor, as a parent I should not feel as if I am bothering any staff member ESPECIALLY my child's teacher when it comes to his education and how we can better any aspect of their learning. The children are treated as if they are more of a problem rather than a normal k-5 individual, not all children should be treated as if they are "bad." My first time in the building I could hear the gym teacher shouting and screaming to the top of his lungs, highly unacceptable. As far as the curriculum, why is it so much different than my 1st graders previous school, which was also a Hampton public school??? My child has stated this school is much easier than his other, which lets me know they are not being challenged enough. The homework and vocabulary that he bring home is just lazy work. The curriculum is outdated and not challenging, the work that is given to a first grader is work of a pre-k individual. I find it highly unacceptable, especially in comparison to another Hampton city elementary school. Staffing is poor and the urge to push the students at the school academically and fundamentally is poor, the school board really need to look into what's really going on here. Everything about this school is just dull from the moment you pull into the parking lot to the first instructor you meet. Just sad. This will be my childs last year at Burbank Elementary.

Yes, you should check out the school yourself & see the difference. Your child will be loved, taught & respected here! There is no perfect school & on the whole, Burbank Elementary should be HIGHLY recommended! I have a child at Burbank w/ special needs, accommodations, & needs academic assistance - & gets it all! I also have an academically gifted child who gets needed challenge. Excellent school resources are available to students & parents. If you look at the scores, Burbank is even above average among the City schools in several academic areas. There are teachers at every public school who choose not to do better, & those parents that you just can't please. I'm very involved at Burbank & know the inner workings of the school. You WILL be hard pressed to find a better school overall. Burbank has a strong community/close nit feel, is very friendly, and is there for their students. I'm a very picky & particular parent who doesn't hesitate to state facts. I have been very pleased with Burbank Elementary & challenge perspective parents to see for yourself. I've talked with all levels of Hampton City Schools & these folks work VERY HARD to the betterment of Hampton students.

I have had several issues with bullying I have notified the principal and have tryd to get him to reach out and talk to the children himself as well as send ouout he scschools policy on bullying he told me he " Will not" he left all responsibility on the school's councilor principal lacks leader ship and puts his responsibility on the school's staff and pta

Burbank elm sucks- seriously don't send your kids there. Certainly don't send them there if they are special ed or special needs. Their full IEP won't be honored, they will treat your child more as a behavior problem and a burden, not as a special needs child- Seriously pulling my child out of this school and never looking back

The last comment that was stated in February 2014 has to be from a STAFF member. This by far, is one of the worst public schools ever. I must say however, that there are only a couple, and I emphasize a couple of teachers that actually care about the students. I am constantly at the school because of the lack of concern from the teachers. This will be my child's last year at this nightmare. I advise anyone who is considering sending their child to this school, to do the research for yourself!.

Paul Burbank is an AMAZING school! The teachers all care for their students and want the very best for Them. The time and dedication the staff, teachers and the PTA put forth is noticed. Parents that don't take time into their child's education will reflect through poor judgment and negativity towards the school. I am a proud mother of Burbank!! I LOVE the children, staff, teachers and of course the PTA too! The PTA always have great activities for the whole family and truly support the school through students and teachers. Thank you Burbank for everything you have done to help my children succeed.

This isnt more so about the school its about Hampton City Public Schools all together. It is awful. The kids spend more time out of school then in. The curriculum is outdated and not challenging at all the days that they do go. Be prepared and have babysitters because these schools have more half days and closing then any school district I've ever seen. So far my child has been out of school almost a total of 30 days due to breaks, random closings or whatever else they come up with.Plus these kids go to school at 7am and out at 1:50pm I have never heard of kids getting out so early usually its 7am until about 2:30. I cant wait to move and get my son into a better school district.

This school was not the best school and the teachers yelled a lot at the children. I remember when another student cut my hair on purpose and another student took my backpack off the hook and threw it on the ground and kicked it. Another kid kicked dirt in my mouth so there was lots of bullying in this school! Another thing I remember is when we were being sent to the bathroom to use it and this other girl took a fake laptop made of paper and wrote a whole bunch of bad words on it. The only reason I'm giving one star is because they taught spanish and I like it because at most elementary schools they don't have time to teach other languages. I went to this school for one year when I was in second grade and now I am in 5th grade at point o view and I am doing very well now.

The worst school EVER!!! Moving my child to another school because of the neglect of the teachers and administration.

I completely agree with one aspect of a fellow parent's review below - before you send your kids there you SHOULD check it out!! IT'S WONDERFUL!!! Truly awesome teachers!!! New administration is fantastic!!!! The school's PTA is very active!!! All events I've attended at the school are timely, engaging and fun!!!! The rating on this school is TOTALLY NOT representative of Burbank!! Just come see for yourself - seriously! I have talked with parents that we exceptionally hesitant about sending their kids to Burbank because of the school's rating, until they came to the school's themselves. Now, those parents are recruiting other parents to change their kid's school to Burbank!!!

Last modified Paul Burbank Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.