Hampton, VA

Posted February 23, 2014
Phillips is truly one of the best kept secrets of Hampton City Schools! My children have attended Phillips the past five years, K-4. The staff is very helpful, encouraging, and passionate about children and education! There are many opportunities for parent involvement and student activities. We could not have asked for a better school and elementary education experience!

Posted January 09, 2013
Phillips is a great school; I have two children there kindergarten and 5th grade. The principal is amazing as well as the secretary and other office staff; the teachers have been great they take the time to explain assignments and stay very much involved in the students well being and education this is something that you don t find regularly. I recommend this school to anyone living in the Hampton area, please keep up the great work oh and the state test exams speak for themselves . GO FALCONS!!!!

Posted January 19, 2012
My daughter has flourished at Phillips. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, and she has had great teachers for three years in a row. I have seen the administrators go out of their way to help children and families time and time again. Another reviewer called Phillips the best-kept secret in Hampton, and I agree!

Phillips Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
my grandsons attend this school - so I would like to give them all the help I can.

Posted April 23, 2010
What you will notice about Phillips students is that they are disciplined, respectful, and achievement driven. Ms Owens, the principal, and the teachers / staff are determined to promote academic excellence. The students thrive on the goals set for them in regard to academic challenges which in turn help them to progress in the areas of life-skills. The Phillips staff provides a wealth of ability and knowledge in the craft teaching and the students perform to the best of their ability using what they have learned. The bar of standards is set high at Phillips however the standards are attained, everyday! Everyday the children are given an opportunity to embrace their world and exhibit their knowledge. Phillips Elementary promotes early education students to the next level of education as students who accept the opportunity to show us what they are capable of inside the classroom and outside beyond the school boundaries!

Posted January 24, 2010
I am also very surprised by the negative reviews. We are also a military family, but I have always felt very welcomed by my son's teacher, principal, and office staff. I have been asked to volunteer a few times and have felt very appreciated for doing so. I agree that Principal Owens is outstanding. My son also enjoys PE, Art, Music, & Library- teachers are great!

Posted September 26, 2009
Phillips Elementary School is absolutely amazing. I have had two children in the school for the past three years grades K-2. The teachers are wonderful. They are kind, firm, and strive to see each student to their full academic potential. Principal Owens is by far the best prinicpal I have seen at any elementary school. The curriculum is great and my kids get up excited to attend school each day. The specials PE, Art, Music, & Library are just one of the many highlights of their day. I have met all of the teachers at this school and they are all fabulous. They are there because they love teaching and they adore the students at Phillips Elementary. I wouldn't choose to have my children anywhere else.

Posted July 07, 2008
Phillips is Hampton's best kept secret! The Teachers,Staff,students and parents are all wonderful!

Posted October 23, 2007
I must say that I'm alarmed by the negative reviews that I've read. Our children have been attending Phillips since March 2007. We are also a military family and have had our share of experiences with several schools in different states. I am very pleased with all of the staff and how we were welcomed. I actively volunteer and I feel appreciated for doing so. My children are straight 'A' students and I feel that their educational needs are being met. Remember that our children's education is a cumulative process that includes our determined efforts at home as well as in the classroom. Overall I've found Phillips to be a warm and welcoming environment for my children as well as myself!

Posted August 17, 2007

Phillips Elementary School
703 Lemaster Dr, Hampton, VA  23669
Last modified Phillips Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Phillips Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top