Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Thomas Eaton Middle School 3

Posted September 15, 2015
I am a parent of a 6 grader this yr, and over all everything seems great! But then I call asking questions about classes my daughter has, and the counselor was rude on the phone! Like serious over kill! She stated, "the classes for 6th graders are picked at random by the computer". So I asked what my daughter's future electives were, and after hearing them, I picked a couple out and asked if by any chance any of those could be changed to an art class manually? Any one of them. Any time. Was fine. Everything else she had all year sounded so, "nose to the grindstone" hard... I wanted her to enjoy something. The counselor was overly rude saying it was up to the computer what kids get... but I find it a little hard to believe you cant manually change one class. Any class. -_- I kept my cool as the councilor continually added and repeated irrelevant things in an aggressive/ agitated manner... and then she basically hung up on me. I had more questions. I am still in shock. I then called my husband and a couple others to tell them what just happened. This is not what I was expecting from such a, "great school". I also have half a mind to file a report with the school board and go show up in person just to look upon the face that SERIOUSLY just talked to me like that on the phone. No one should ever be talked to like that. Upon further reading of these reviews. Problems with the councilors at this school is not a new thing. Why do they still have their jobs??? It is okay. Everyone has a boss, and as I was told once before by a school board member, "everything is sugar coated for us upon inspection day... we really do not know what is going on unless the parents say something." Well, this is a parent saying something. (Or the start of it.) Happy start to 2015-2016 school year.

Thomas Eaton Middle School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
The Eaton PTSA has grown so much this year. The staff is working hard to create an environment to encourage more parental involvement. We have been here for two year & both daughters love their teachers and the school

Thomas Eaton Middle School 1

Posted January 01, 2014
Well, I'm an eighth grader at eaton middle school, and things have gotten ugly here lately. The admin and guidance department is weak, and the principal isn't trying to help me be successful in school, and wants tosee me fail. I can't be a kid, because verything I do gets blown out of proportion, and the principal tries to lock me out of different programs. Some of the teachers are mean and manipulative, and I can't wait until thee year is over. Im almost in tears because winter break is over. I am not satisfied with this school at all.

Thomas Eaton Middle School 5

Posted November 17, 2012
Eaton was the best 3 years of my life. I am a former student at Eaton (class of 2008) and what i have to say about this school is its pretty good. Even though its been years since i left I have 2 cousins currently attend and the ironic part they are on the same teams i was 6A and 7M. The neighborhood i live in i was the only one that went to Eaton everyone else was at Davis it is GHETTO!. At Eaton hardly no fights, people are nice, and smart teachers. The only bad part about Eaton is when you leave there is no zone for that school so half your friends you were in middle with will probably go to Hampton, Kecoughtan or Phoebus high schools if your a Bethel students only a hand-full come out from Eaton. But its a good school 6A 7M AND 8A are the BEST TEAMS hands down.........

Thomas Eaton Middle School 5

Posted April 13, 2010
i am attending 6th grade at eaton middle school and i personall love the school. im 6b and in prealgebra and this school is so advance i am learning basic geometry to.

Posted October 13, 2009
WOnderful school that made the transition from elementary to middle school such a wonderful experience for my granddaughter this year!

Thomas Eaton Middle School 4

Posted October 11, 2009
Great 6th grade teachers and the Principal works with the parents.

Posted October 07, 2009
Thomas Eaton has a great reputation and great teachers.

Posted October 06, 2009
Eaton Middle School constantly strives to meet each of the individualized needs of its students. The faculty and staff demonstrate genuine caring, concern, and dedication toward all of the students at Eaton.

Posted October 06, 2009
Eaton Middle is an amazing middle school. The teachers are all excited to be teaching and the students are excited to learn. The school does very well with their SOL's and behavior. I am a first year teacher and couldn't be any happier at any other school.

2108 Cunningham Dr, Hampton, VA  23666
Last modified Thomas Eaton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.