Hampton, VA

Posted December 03, 2014
Caring staff. Great communication with parents. Teachers and admin work well together. Kids polite respectful and held to a high standard academically. Even after private schools this has been a great experience.

Posted November 01, 2014
I have two daughters attend (K and 1), and my family could not be happier with the learning environment. The staff there are friendly and helpful. The principle is very involved with the children's success, and of course the teachers are amazing as well. This school is very proactive with communicating to the parents, and I have no worries about safety when it comes to my children being there.

Posted April 17, 2014
My children attend this school and my husband and I are very pleased with Cooper's learning environment. The teachers and staff are excellent. They not only work well with the students, but keep the parents well-informed of how their child is progressing.

Posted February 13, 2014
This is an amazing school filled with dedicated child educators! They offer classwork to help advance each child at there grade level. My daughters teacher has tailored her work to her individual needs. This school offers a very positive learning environment!

Posted December 10, 2013
My son attends this school and it is wonderful. The staff is amazing and seem to really care about their students. We recently attend the Math night which was fun and educationally.

Posted August 08, 2009
From kindergarten, there exists an agreement amongst parent, student and school helping to clarify the obligations of each facets role. This may not be right for everyone but, having low student to teacher ratios, open door policies, high-tech safety and new equiptment for all grades, this school runs like an academy but has no tuition. It's one of the very best!

Posted June 18, 2008
If you are fortunate enough to have your child selected to attend Cooper you will not regret it. From the maintenace workers, administrative staff, Level 1 Coordinator, PTA, to the Faculty, I must say that I am very impressed with the dedication, enthusiasm, professional care and concern for the students and maintenance of the building. There are plenty of opportunities for parent/teacher conferences, various fun actitivities for the students, and also for the parents. The Hampton Parks and Recreation, School-Aged Program afterschool is awesome and the staff is exceptional under the leadership of Mr. Kevin. This service is also provided in the morning. Although, Mrs. Russell, principal is retiring June 2008 and Mrs. Claiborne is transferring to Aberdeen, we will receive two new administrators that are well qualfied to keep it going. Beside, we all know, it's Mrs. Nelson and the administrative staff who really keeps everyone straight.

Posted April 09, 2008
Our son is a first grader at Cooper and we love this school. His teacher Mrs. Nelms is the best teacher we have ever come in contact with. She adapts her lesson plans for each child's skill level and doesn't just teach for the 'average' student. She constantly challenges her students and enables them to grow and learn independently while at the same time providing excellent leadership. This kind of attitude also applies to the principal, Ms. Russell, and the asst principal, Ms. Claiborne. They take the time to know each student by name and give hugs and hi-fives but at the same time maintain a strict code of discipline in the school. This is a top-notch school, and we would recomment it to anyone! Go Cougars!

Posted January 21, 2008
The principal Mr.s Eugenia Russell is the best I've ever seen.

Posted August 28, 2007
My son loves Cooper. He truly enjoys the learning tools like his computer time, reading blocks and the before and afterschool programs. And not to sound bias, but Mrs. Russell was my 8th grade Social Studies teacher and she was outstanding, so I know the faculty and staff are being well guided.

William Mason Cooper Elementary School
200 Marcella Rd, Hampton, VA  23666
Last modified William Mason Cooper Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Mason Cooper Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top