Hartwood, VA

Posted May 26, 2013
We absolutely love this school! My son has only attended this school for a year, but it has been amazing! The new principal Mr. Elchinko is such a great asset to the school. He is very professional, friendly, and involved. He is continuously making improvements. The assistant principal is very polite and responsive. My son's teacher Miss Hanahan, is such a sweet and caring teacher! It is evident how much all the teachers love their students and their job!

Posted February 16, 2013
Being a military family with 6 moves under our belts, the most important thing for us when we relocate is the School. We specifically moved into the Hartwood district because of the wonderful reviews here on greats schools , and after a site visit we were hooked. We have had one complete, have one in currently and one starting soon. I can not say enough about how wonderful the teachers and staff are at trying to make every child feel like they are the center of the world. Each student knows they are loved but also that they are expected to do great things in class... The PTA is strong and tries to keep the families involved and raise money for all the amazing extra curricular activities they do, not to mention playground and class room equipment . We have tons of fundraiser nights where you can go participate with the community and get involved in what is going on with your children while meeting other parents and families.... I think anyone who walks away unsatisfied with their experience didn't take advantage of the schools never ending endeavors to make the Staff and parents and children feel like a big Family. We love Hartwood!

Posted January 11, 2013
Our granddaughters are currently attending Hartwood Elementary School and we couldn't be more pleased with the attention they are getting in their classrooms and all around the school. For such a small elementary school, they are giant size in how they treat their children and their academics. Anybody who complains about this wonderful institution obviously hasnot been in other schools or other school districts. The teachers and staff should be commended for how they make this school a wonderful place to learn.

Hartwood Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2011
This school is overcrowded!! Students do not receive the attention they need as with most public schools in Stafford County. My child was bullied/harrassed repeatedly. Parent teacher conference after parent teacher conference did not solve the issue. The prinicpal is unegaged; numerous attempts to meet with her and the school counselor was never brought into fruition. Of coarse they want you to volunteer; less work for them. On my numerous volunteer days teachers would stand and chat and not watch the children appropriately. Moms and Muffin; Doughnuts with Dads; these are activities ran by parents not the shcool. Keep that in mind. There are some good teachers there but there are some that need to retire.

Posted May 29, 2009

Posted May 30, 2007
My children have been in Hartwood Elementary since 2003 and we are extremeley happy with the Principals, the Staff and the teachers! There is a warmth feeling of community as soon as you enter the school. You feel at home! Our children love Hartwood! We feel that they have received an outstanding education! There is also a great opportunity for parent involvement and volunteer work which make the school an even better place for our children. I am allowed to volunteer as much as I would like! We love Hartwood!!

Posted May 14, 2006
My daughter went to Hartwood in 2002 for kindergarten and I was amazing by the Principal, Staff, and Teachers. She has been in 3 schools in 3 years and this was the best. I will never be able to say enough good things about this school. It is the small things that got me such as: Moms and Muffins and Dads and Dounuts, Student drop-off, the choice of field trips, and that you get to meet the teachers the day for school starts.

Posted April 24, 2006

Hartwood Elementary School 3

Posted January 14, 2006

Posted March 14, 2005

Hartwood Elementary School
14 Shackleford Well Rd, Hartwood, VA  22406
Last modified Hartwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hartwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top