No rating

Our Lady Of Lourdes School

Private | PK-8 | 368 students

Living in Henrico

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $130,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $880.

Posted April 21, 2014

This school has great diversity and the teachers are very involved in our children's care. We have two daughters who attend here. Though we are not Catholic, we are accepted as part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Community.

Posted May 28, 2013

Our Lady of Lourdes remains the best choice for our family and children: a Catholic based education that meets the needs of our Baptist family. There are many different faiths enrolled at OLL and an open discussion of all beliefs is encouraged. Our children have learned more about Jewish and Catholic faith than I could ever begin to teach them. OLL offers all levels of education and excels at advanced preparation for HS and beyond. My current 7th graders have already earned (and tested) for credit in TWO courses. OLL and its teachers recognize each child is different; my set of twins are individualized in every way. One is highly artistic -- the work and projects reflect so. The other is more analytical and structured, and his notes and projects reflect such also. The administration is open yet firm; structured but not stuck in the past. The school constantly assesses its offerings, staff, curriculum, testing, and programs--OLL doesn't rest on its laurels! A blue ribbon school, Our Lady of Lourdes is definitely a great education at a great value!

Posted August 2, 2011

My oldest child enters his 5th year at the school, my youngest her third. First and foremost, OOL teaches the heart: mutual respect, dignity, stewardship, value of diversity, responsibility, accountability, and empathy. The older students also mentor the younger as "Prayer Buddies" within weekly mass. This school is a second family to our children as well as my husband and I. The 2010-11 year was the first for a new band/music program offered to students, and being no stranger to band programs, I was amazed at how truly wonderful the program turned out. It was designed not to interfere with the curriculum of any one class, and provided 2 concerts over the year. The before and after school program is structured with homework time as well as play time, arts, crafts, games. I do not understand others previous comments on the curriculum, as my son's class started the 6th grade math book halfway through 5th grade. The school does not tolerate disruption of the learning environment on a repeated basis, nor inadequacy of it's teaching staff. I have seen both situations occur on a rare basis, and they were dealt with fairly and swiftly. I cannot imagine our life without OOL!

Posted April 23, 2010

My twins are current students of this school. 2009/2010 was their first year & they'll be back for next year (5th grade). Admittedly, the facilities are older and the lunch program could be healthier....BUT....he strong spiritual program, sense of love and respect, and joy my kids have learning and discussing God and His world far outweigh the minor items mentioned. The academics are about at the level of advance programs in most public school but with much smaller classes and more passion from the teachers. Communication is TOP NOTCH from admin & teachers. Art & Library resources are INCREDIBLE! My boys are looking forward to the sports programs next year!

Posted January 27, 2010

My Daughter is a student of this school from past 3 yrs. We are very pleased with their middle school curriculam. Teachers are very hardworking and helpful. I will rate this school as an excellent of all the private schools in richmond.

Posted January 18, 2010

I am a old student who graduated in 2008. I attended that school for 6 years. It made the biggest impact on my life. The teachers, staff, students and everyone was very nice and caring. This school started my life's foundation as a follower in Christ. It not only started my foundation of God, but over the years, it was built up and made stronger. I believe that the foundation I had then has only built stronger as I attempt to continue on the path of helping those in need, and succeeding to the best of my ability. It helped me obtain a personality that allows me to get along with almost anyone. It gave me a lot of good memories that I can look back on. The school is very welcoming and everyone is like a big family there! I will never forget it. It offered great opportunities and experiences.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 10, 2009

My child was a student of this school for five years. The facilities are old, there is no cafeteria or gym, no strings/music, and there is little offered in sports/clubs. The school has a very strong spiritual program, sense of closeness/attention to care, and they consistently teach respect that is lacking in public schools. However, the academics are at the same level including advance programs as most public school systems in the area. I kept my son there because of the attention/care and spiritual program. Given the economy, one would have to contemplate whether it is truly worth the investment.

Posted June 25, 2008

This school is Wonderful! The teachers are the Best and the students are very well behaved. If we get the opportunity to stay in the Henrico area she will be attending til her 8th grade year. I can say enough about this school! It was the perfect choice for our daughter. She will be in 1st grade next year (her second year there).

Posted March 20, 2007

Both my kids attended Our Lady of Lourdes. My daughter attended from K-2 and my son from K-6. My husband and I decided to let them experience public school, since the schools located in our area are good schools. Well, my daughter is doing well in public school, but my son is having a difficult time adjusting. His public school is not structured enough and it's too over whelming for him. He likes OLL because it is smaller and he knew everyone that went to the school. He misses the closeness that he experienced at OLL. Plus his grades slipped and his attitude changed for the worst. The public school culture is just to relaxed for my son. My husband and I have decided to send him back next year to let him graduate with his friends. We also missed the closeness and the Christian experience at OLL.

Posted January 12, 2006

My son switched over to Our Lady of Lourdes from public school and what a difference it has made! He is a shy child who had trouble finding himself in the crowds of kids in public school. Upon his first days at the school, what impressed both of us the most was the friendliness of both teachers and students. He has made friends and feels more a part of things than ever before. The availability of team sports and competition has also allowed him to thrive. No child is cut from a team and is allowed to learn and compete. There are all kinds of activities and events in which to participate and parents are always involved. We think it is a wonderful school and only regret that he has to leave after this year to attend high school!

Posted October 7, 2004

My son graduated from Lourdes. He attended the school for 10 years starting with Pre-k. My grandchildren now attend. OLL offers a top notch education. The principal knows every child by name. The children are treated with love and respect. They are taught good old fashioned Christian values and morals. The children are encouraged to develop their talents and work to their full potential. My youngest son graduated in 2002. He was able to start high school with a credit in Spanish and in Algebra. He is smart, but he is also an ADHD kid. The teachers were patient and worked with him. He is now an honor student at Benedictine High School.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Richmond

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8250 Woodman Road