PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted June 30, 2016
A National Blue Ribbon School recepient! I have 3 children in Our Lady of Lourdes. All started in preschool. We have been here for years. The school has grown tremendously in its offerings year after year. We have a very active sports program that encourages all student's to learn sports and play on the competitive level. Our Library and Art resources are top notch. All grades are above public school grades academically. They meet the student's where they are and helpl them reach higher levels. This school is more then academics the student's learn life's most important values love, honor, respect, service to family, community and country. The most important lesson no matter what your faith build and maintain a relationship with His through prayer and service to others. You want top notch academics and a rewarding experience for the whole family. Our lunch program now offers nutritional sound and multiple choices even for the most finicky eater. Please call and set up an appointment for a visit. Financial aide is available for those that need help.

Posted March 03, 2016
I have three children attending Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School, and I only wish there was a high school along with the Pre-K, elementary, and middle school programs! The principal is in her second year and continues to encourage growth, innovation, and creativity in the classroom. The middle school classes are all on the level of advanced public school classes, and students have the opportunity to leave with 6 high school credits. The teachers know the children by name and truly care about them. We have many growing sports and after school programs. This school is a parent's dream come true!

Posted April 21, 2014
This school has great diversity and the teachers are very involved in our children's care. We have two daughters who attend here. Though we are not Catholic, we are accepted as part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Community.

Posted May 28, 2013
Our Lady of Lourdes remains the best choice for our family and children: a Catholic based education that meets the needs of our Baptist family. There are many different faiths enrolled at OLL and an open discussion of all beliefs is encouraged. Our children have learned more about Jewish and Catholic faith than I could ever begin to teach them. OLL offers all levels of education and excels at advanced preparation for HS and beyond. My current 7th graders have already earned (and tested) for credit in TWO courses. OLL and its teachers recognize each child is different; my set of twins are individualized in every way. One is highly artistic -- the work and projects reflect so. The other is more analytical and structured, and his notes and projects reflect such also. The administration is open yet firm; structured but not stuck in the past. The school constantly assesses its offerings, staff, curriculum, testing, and programs--OLL doesn't rest on its laurels! A blue ribbon school, Our Lady of Lourdes is definitely a great education at a great value!

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 1

Posted January 30, 2013
This schools idea of a holiday "party" is a store bought cookie or cupcake and a luke warm bottle of water. Bought by the PTO and handed out by the roomparents. The roomparents are not allowed to come up with crafts, games or bring in any extra treats.

Posted August 02, 2011
My oldest child enters his 5th year at the school, my youngest her third. First and foremost, OOL teaches the heart: mutual respect, dignity, stewardship, value of diversity, responsibility, accountability, and empathy. The older students also mentor the younger as "Prayer Buddies" within weekly mass. This school is a second family to our children as well as my husband and I. The 2010-11 year was the first for a new band/music program offered to students, and being no stranger to band programs, I was amazed at how truly wonderful the program turned out. It was designed not to interfere with the curriculum of any one class, and provided 2 concerts over the year. The before and after school program is structured with homework time as well as play time, arts, crafts, games. I do not understand others previous comments on the curriculum, as my son's class started the 6th grade math book halfway through 5th grade. The school does not tolerate disruption of the learning environment on a repeated basis, nor inadequacy of it's teaching staff. I have seen both situations occur on a rare basis, and they were dealt with fairly and swiftly. I cannot imagine our life without OOL!

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 4

Posted April 23, 2010
My twins are current students of this school. 2009/2010 was their first year & they'll be back for next year (5th grade). Admittedly, the facilities are older and the lunch program could be healthier....BUT....he strong spiritual program, sense of love and respect, and joy my kids have learning and discussing God and His world far outweigh the minor items mentioned. The academics are about at the level of advance programs in most public school but with much smaller classes and more passion from the teachers. Communication is TOP NOTCH from admin & teachers. Art & Library resources are INCREDIBLE! My boys are looking forward to the sports programs next year!

Posted January 27, 2010
My Daughter is a student of this school from past 3 yrs. We are very pleased with their middle school curriculam. Teachers are very hardworking and helpful. I will rate this school as an excellent of all the private schools in richmond.

Posted January 18, 2010
I am a old student who graduated in 2008. I attended that school for 6 years. It made the biggest impact on my life. The teachers, staff, students and everyone was very nice and caring. This school started my life's foundation as a follower in Christ. It not only started my foundation of God, but over the years, it was built up and made stronger. I believe that the foundation I had then has only built stronger as I attempt to continue on the path of helping those in need, and succeeding to the best of my ability. It helped me obtain a personality that allows me to get along with almost anyone. It gave me a lot of good memories that I can look back on. The school is very welcoming and everyone is like a big family there! I will never forget it. It offered great opportunities and experiences.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 3

Posted September 10, 2009
My child was a student of this school for five years. The facilities are old, there is no cafeteria or gym, no strings/music, and there is little offered in sports/clubs. The school has a very strong spiritual program, sense of closeness/attention to care, and they consistently teach respect that is lacking in public schools. However, the academics are at the same level including advance programs as most public school systems in the area. I kept my son there because of the attention/care and spiritual program. Given the economy, one would have to contemplate whether it is truly worth the investment.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School
8250 Woodman Road, Henrico, VA  23228
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8