K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

St.Joes as many other schools has its good points and not so good points. English, spelling, religion, writing are subjects which are well taught. Math is a disaster. If you dont "qualify" for the higher level math in grades 7th and 8th, you will never make it in HS. History and Science are lacking big time. So much more is available in the public schools. Two of my daughters attended this school. I think its fine thru grade 6 but take your child out after that and let them become well rounded with what the public schools have to offer.They are missing out on alot. Yes there are cliques..many of them..it's like a competition. Parents seem to encourage them..Most of the parents are nice but some are snobby. Guess that's everywhere. I realize its a Christian environment but gossip abounds. My girls were happy most of the time. One went on to public HS and did well. The other went to Catholic HS and did fine too. Lots depends on the parents so cant really blame the school for everything.

Education wise the school is fine. Safety, no. The kids are not acting accordingly in the lunchroom and some things have happened that should not have. I took my kids out of the school.

The school has a very hands offs approach to education. If your child is a middle of the road academically they will be okay at this school. I had 2 nephews that attended and were top students and were not getting challenged. They transferred to a gifted school after a few years. My daughter was fine academically (top half of her class) but we were told she was too immature for her age so they wanted to retain her. We were never aware that she was a risk of retention till AFTER we placed a deposit for our spot next year. Her report cards had comments that her maturity level is being monitored but no goals or specific request were made. I asked what happens if she goes through a maturity spurt over the summer. Next year she will be bored. The teacher said that in all her years of teaching that never happened. Then I said that every education study out there says that retention is not a good option and that intense intervention is the proper thing to do. The teacher said she read those studies but disagreed. Well a month later we were told she was going to be unconditionally promoted. We ended up withdrawing her and enrolling in a smaller school. I just checked the roster at the start of school and there are 5 spots open in her class. I guess they decided she was mature enough when they found out they didnt have a full class to pay tuition! The new school we enrolled my daughter in had a similar promotion/retention policy BUT the major difference is that had another page that specifically goes over how struggling students are addressed early and an intervention program is listed out for the parents and teacher. Teachers at the new school seem much more interested in helping all the kids to the next level and not just getting through a learning plan. On a good note, they do have some nice after school activities for kids.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Not all teachers are created equal. In fact before we withdrew our child, we were told by other parents which teachers to avoid and which to request. Ive worked in management for over 12 years and the goal was to never have employees that if we looked on the schedule we would be worried about how the day went.

My daughter has two years at this school , she loves it ! The teacher from kindergaten was amazing ! My daughter didn't know how to grip even the pencil and at the end of the school year she learned to write sentences , it was amazing ! . The teacher is always suggesting the kids to talk with different kids each day so they can get to know and be friends with everyone in the classroom .my daughter has grow academically and morally. I'm always praying this continue through the years .

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are excellent. My daughter has grow so much , you won't believe it !

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teacher really care about the students development , they are in constant fighting of progress for the kids

This is my son third year at St. Joseph School. His teachers have made a significant impact on our son. We are so pleased to see our Catholic faith demonstrated daily by the faculty and staff. In addition, his reading, science, and math skills are extremely improved. We find him accelerating the important math and science skills. We heard all good things about the STEM program and can't wait for him to join. We feel fortunate and are sure we made the right decision to send our son to St. Joseph School. This is a great school and we would recommend it to anyone considering a quality education for their children.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is my son second year at St. Joseph School. He loves his friends and teachers. My son has growth greatly in both Christianly and Academically. He started with no reading skills and was able to read chapter books when he finished Kindergarten. I have volunteered on several occasions and the students are very well behave and respectful. I talked to many parents and none of them have heard or seen bully at this school. The principal, teachers, and staff are very experience, educated, and professional, and most importantly, they care for our children. We are confident and have faith in the teachers. I strongly believe that my son will receive the best education he could get here at St. Joseph School. A Parent

Last modified St Joseph Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8