6-12 & Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

The teachers at Cortona are dedicated to the students and work tirelessly to guide them to success. Every person is unique and the teachers understand that students learn in different ways. They are gifted in helping each student find his or her own path to success.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

The environment is supportive and respectful - the students are kind to each other.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Education is tailored to the student's interests and academic level - the students are set up for success.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are taught to respect each other and to be responsible and thoughtful.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are highly educated and extremely dedicated to the students.

What makes Cortona Academy such a great school is that it looks out for the individual student and caters to their needs. I had to stop going to high school in 10th grade due to personal matters, and the hope for living the future I had planned for myself started to diminish, until Cortona came along. I ended up being able to complete grades 10, 11, and 12 in around the same time frame the rest of my former class was graduating, thanks to Cortona's philosophy on individuality. The professors also have an excel amount of education, which made the classes full of profound conversations enabling students to use their intellect and apply what they learn in real life. My circumstances had also made it difficult for me to keep up with the curriculum at a public high school, but not at Cortona. It also made me feel better that I wasn't the only one with special circumstances. The environment is very stress-free and supportive. Attending Cortona has been by far the best decision I've made in my academic career. It opened up many opportunities for me and allowed me to pursue my academic dreams, and for that I am very grateful to everyone at Cortona.

Cortona Academy has helped me to realize my true potential. The people here have taught me to strive for more in life. That if someone works hard and puts in the effort they can be successful in life. The teachers at Cortona are very helpful, understanding, and knowledgeable. They want to help me to do well and to have a fun in a safe, comfortable learning environment. Cortona Academy believes in their students and they work to make sure that their students believe in themselves as well. Everyone here is different and that means that they learn differently so, the staff helps everyone in any way possible to understand the material to succeed in their class. If a student is having trouble in class, the staff works to make sure that they can accomplished the tasks with the least amount of stress. The staff will even coordinate time for students to meet with the teacher one-on-one to make up work and classes. Cortona has taught me to learn more efficiently and on my own. I am thankful for all that Cortona Academy has done for me and for my future. Thanks to Cortona Academy I have learned so many new ways to help myself to succeed in the future. Cortona Academy really, truly cares about their students. For all these reasons and more, I am thankful.

Cortona Academy and its teachers do a tremendous job helping students better their skills in the classroom. Smaller classes allow for better student/ teacher relations and a more relaxed learning environment. Cortona also teaches students invaluable study skills that will allow them to succeed now, and in college. The best option among DC area private schools for furthering student growth is without a doubt Cortona Academy.

Cortona Academy was the best investment I ever made in my child's future. The cost is equal to other private schools in the DC Area, but there are merit scholarships and financial aid available. No where could I find a school that insured that once my daughter was in college, Cortona's level of education and systems of learning would KEEP her in college. Nor did I believe that the money I was paying would nearly all be paid back by the level of college scholarship my daughter would receive. This happened to us! We were amazed! Looking back, the fact that from the beginning, the Director saw my daughter as a successful, confident student and leader changed her life. She began to believe in herself and imagine a great future. This Director focuses on the whole child, not labels and not grades. An incredible woman! What I truly loved so much about our time at Cortona was the humanitarian values instilled in all the students and the incredible staff. What school has a staff like this? I'm so proud of who my daughter is today, and thankful to everyone at Cortona Academy for everything they have given our family.

Cortona Academy is a great school. Cortona has helped me strengthen my academic career over the last two years. They have a great support system for students from grades 6 to 12. When I came to Cortona last year I didn't have the greatest grades even though I considered myself smart and Cortona has helped me realize my potential.

Last modified Cortona Academy of Science, Technology & the Arts is a Private school