K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Mrs. Wilcox is not an effective leader of the school and one has to come to their own conviction about why.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Lower school teachers here are very good.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The teachers are not good about coordinating with each other about what homework they've assigned.

We've been at this school for three years now and we love it more and more. My son is like a knowledge sponge! He seeks out opportunities to learn and comes out with the most amazing things. The school's attention to behavior and discipline is remarkable too. The kids are respectful and know how to pay attention and focus but also get plenty of time to run outside and be kids (my son loves snow days when he gets to take his sled to school!). The teachers genuinely love these kids and love to learn with them. I can't say enough good things about this school! It's truly been a gift to our family and we're excited to have our second child start Kindergarten next year. This is a special place.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As a Christ-centered school, Ambleside complements the work of the family and the church by establishing the critical link between learning and faith. It prepares students for responsible, insightful, and creative participation in society. The school equips students to actively engage the culture and to serve Christ with all of their strength, as they discover His calling.

This is not your standard Christian school. The children are trained to use their brain at a very young age. I have two children at the school since kindergarten and the both love to learn. After holiday breaks, they are excited to return. The teachers and staff take the time to teach character building, something that is lost these days. Besides the wonderful curriculum, kids enjoy time outdoors to be creative and appreciate nature. I could go on and on why I love this school as much as much children do. It is a hidden gem.

My four children are all at this wonderful school and have been so since Kindergarten. They are very different, but all love to learn and are engaged fully in their classroom studies. We often have rich discussions around the table we talk about what was studied today - my older kids often reminiscing about the books they enjoyed years before. I'm sad that my oldest graduates this year, but I'm confident she is well prepared for what High School will bring.

Ambleside has is an excellent Christ-centered, liberal arts focused school that not only encourages students to learn, but to love learning! The students are all intent on learning and enjoy soaking up new knowledge; it's a refreshing change from most other schools. If you want your child to have an excellent education and see them respect and enjoy that education, Ambleside is a great place to see them do that.

ambleside is an awesome k-8 school with some of the most loving and caring teachers you could ask for. i have gone to ambleside since kindergarten, and am graduating in 2009. my classmates have become family, and we all have great relationships. one of the neatest things about ambleside is something we call 'the buddy system'. what we do is each older class (5th grade and up) is paired with a younger class and then each older student to a younger for the year, and every wednesday we have a special play time together, and every day playing with our buddy. by the end of the year, we have made a tight relationship.ambleside is a great school.

Last modified Ambleside School is a Private school that serves grades K-8