Herndon, VA

Posted October 24, 2010
My four children are all at this wonderful school and have been so since Kindergarten. They are very different, but all love to learn and are engaged fully in their classroom studies. We often have rich discussions around the table we talk about what was studied today - my older kids often reminiscing about the books they enjoyed years before. I'm sad that my oldest graduates this year, but I'm confident she is well prepared for what High School will bring.

Posted April 20, 2009
Ambleside has is an excellent Christ-centered, liberal arts focused school that not only encourages students to learn, but to love learning! The students are all intent on learning and enjoy soaking up new knowledge; it's a refreshing change from most other schools. If you want your child to have an excellent education and see them respect and enjoy that education, Ambleside is a great place to see them do that.

Posted October 31, 2008
ambleside is an awesome k-8 school with some of the most loving and caring teachers you could ask for. i have gone to ambleside since kindergarten, and am graduating in 2009. my classmates have become family, and we all have great relationships. one of the neatest things about ambleside is something we call 'the buddy system'. what we do is each older class (5th grade and up) is paired with a younger class and then each older student to a younger for the year, and every wednesday we have a special play time together, and every day playing with our buddy. by the end of the year, we have made a tight relationship.ambleside is a great school.

Posted June 07, 2006
Ambleside is a wonderful, small, Christ-centered school that uses a Charlotte Mason approach involving living books, narration, and a focus on noble habits. They have a broad curriculum including nature study, composer study, Spanish, PE, music, etc. The principal, Ginnie Wilcox is excellent, as are the teachers. They have a warm community. I have 3 children at the school, and they all love to learn, love school and are thriving academically. It is a small school, which means they don't have every extra, but they have what matters -- beautiful books, things that feed children's appetite for what is good and true and beautiful, and heart.

Ambleside School