No rating

The Embassy School

Private | PK-1 | 90 students

Student diversity

Living in Herndon

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $470,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,740.

Posted July 30, 2008

My daughter went there from the time she was 2.5 years until the third grade. She loved it and made many friends. The teachers were fantastic! My daughter was tested and when she transfered to another school she was doing 5th and 6th grade work in the 3rd grade - how is that for the schools teaching ability.

Posted August 3, 2007

I pulled my 3 year old out after 3 weeks! He is an outgoing child, who cried every morning when I left, and ran off the playground as soon as I got there to pick him up. There was no supervision, he came home filthy, sometimes wearing other children's clothes, was allowed to draw with marker all over himself and his stuffed animal. There was never an orientation for the new children. I too, had issues with the Director, and felt that there was nothing done about the initial complaints I filed about the lack of supervision.

Posted April 19, 2007

My child has attended this school since age 3. My child absolutely loves it. The school is small, which is great. The class sizes are wonderful. I believe that having small classes really helps my child excel. The teachers are all very dedicated and wonderful. I'm quite baffled on earlier comments about the director, I can't imagine that they are in reference to the current director. The current director has done a fantastic job. She's very friendly, and gets things done. She has made some small improvements that have made a big difference. I absolutely recommend this school.

Posted March 31, 2007

It is a great school with loving and well prepared staff. The new director is friendly and professional. My daughter attented the kindergarten program there. And she loved it there. The academic program is wonderful and highly up to date.

Posted December 14, 2006

My 5 year old loves school nad her teachers. But the playground needs to be more properly fenced so that kids do not go into the parking lot. I have spoken to the Director about this 3 months back but have not seen her oding anything about this.

Posted November 20, 2006

Embassy offers an affordable tuition, enrichment programs and high quality instruction. My son, 4 has been attending since June 2006 and enjoys it very much. I like the current director a great deal. She is very responsive and answers all of my questions.

Posted November 12, 2006

My 4 year old son is in this school for 2 years but the teachers are great. the teachers are outstanding. The earlier director was more receptive and forthcoming.

Posted November 9, 2006

My 3 1/2 year old son started at the Embassy School in September and he is doing very well. The teachers are wonderful, the extra curricular activities are great and he is learning so much. Transitioning into a 5 day program was difficult and the teachers and staff really helped to make it easier.

Posted October 26, 2006

Great school with caring and warm teaching faculty. But Director is the opposite and non receptive to parents needs.

Posted September 23, 2006

I have a 5 year old who has been attending this school for the past 2 years and we are very happy with the teachers but the new Director is very bossy. But otherwise the other staff is very friendly and caring.

Posted September 16, 2006

My daughter attended the beginners program and found that the teacher was only tearing pages for them to work on when calls started and as a result she is doing that at home. The school is very badly maintained and the new Directore is very bossy and not at all recpetive to parents concerns.

Posted September 14, 2006

I had gone to see the school for my 4 year old daughter and the director was so rude and dominating in the way she replied to my concerns that I was shocked and got my daughter admitted to another school across the street.

Posted September 7, 2006

My 3 year son has started attending the program and he just loves his teacher who is very patient and tolerant. The other kids in the class are also happy with her.

Posted August 27, 2006

Run down facility. School is not maintained well and some teachers are rude. My son ran away upto the main road and then someone passing by rescued him and got him back to the school. This was due to the inattentive teacher present.

Posted June 14, 2006

This is a really good school with high academic standards and lots of extra activities. Director is very responsive to parents inquiries/requests. Teacher to students ratio is optimal, and the school offers a very friendly environment to all the kids.

Posted May 18, 2006

Academic programs are the best we've found anywhere. Classroom ratio is excellent. There are a variety of extracurricular activities offered. Parent involvement is encouraged but not required. Director is always available to speak with parents without an appointment and is responsive to our concerns.

Posted May 10, 2006

The beginners program does not have capable teachers and teachers are allowed to let their kids be in the same class as them , a fact which is not made known to parents at the time of admission. Director is highly incapable and needs to interact more with parents and accept their views more objectively. Quality of academic program is not upto the mark. Extracurricular activites is very few and the concept of parent involvement is discouraged as teachers are getting insecure.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted May 9, 2006

Bad management. Kids playgrounds not properly fenced. Director is very easy going and not focussed on doing her job of interacting with parents where necessary and beats around the bush.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted March 14, 2006

It is a wonderful school. Teachers are very kind and loving, and children are very well-behaved. Children are very advanced and love to be at school. Excellent extracurricular activities offered, including science, dance, and computers. My child also loves spanish!

Posted January 27, 2006

Staff turns over frequently. Staff morale seems low. Some of the Teachers seem to be under educated for their position. Some of the Teachers do not follow lesson plans. Some of the Teachers skip around or forget about lessons and when asked, they immediately step up (where they should be), but the children are lost without the basics and they go back to same pattern. Poor organization and supervision by the director and assistant director.

3013 W Ox Rd