Bad
Good

Posted November 18, 2014
The teachers at Hutchison are clearly dedicated to the diverse needs of the students in our community! I am always impressed with how engaged the students are when I visit my child's classroom.

Posted October 24, 2013
Wow, the teachers at this school are definitely one-of-a-kind. I am always amazed as I enter the building and see so many children that speak many different languages and come from very different backgrounds all respected, valued and given a top-notch education. My daughter is in a melting pot classroom of 22 3rd graders from students that just came to our country, to students that have lived in Herndon their entire lives. The teacher is able to teach each child in math and reading at each students' level. My daughter is a strong reader, however, struggles in math. Her teacher has helped her to gain confidence in numbers and her reading level went up 2 levels and it's only October! I'm very impressed with this school.

Posted February 16, 2013
Hutchison is a great school with a highly qualified and dedicated teaching staff. Yes, last year there was an outbreak of lice, but that happens at every school. I have one child that went there (now in 7th) a 4th grader and a 1st grader. Each teacher the kids had always went above and beyond to reach each child. They have many programs at the school from remediation to enrichment. My children have developed wonderful friendships and acceptance of many cultures. We love the Hutchison community.

Hutchison Elementary School 1

Posted July 25, 2012
Horrible lice problem! My daughter basically had it from April through to end of the year, despite me getting rid of it numerous times, hundreds of dollars on shampoo, Robi comb, and had to pay a professional "Lice Lady" to help get rid of it after I (single mom) got it from the kid. UGH! Besides the hygiene issues, my kids were teased and made fun of for SPEAKING ENGLISH and being "different." My 3rd grader never brought home homework, always had a great report card, and then failed her SOLs. SO glad to be moving and getting my kids OUT of this horrible school.

Hutchison Elementary School 1

Posted July 06, 2012
The education is sub par at best. The lice problem is out of control. My daughter came home with lice 4 times this year alone. We had to buy special shampoo that helped prevent lice. She brought home report cards with grades in outstanding achieve but less then outstanding in effort. If my daughter has to put forth no effort to achieve outstanding, I think that may be something the school should be concerned with. She was in the first grade this past year. She brought home a homework packet every week and one of the pages was 100 squares that she had to put numbers 1-100 in. She got it on the first try. Were there other students that couldn't count by the end of the first grade? The homework packet was supposed to be for the whole week and she would finish everything in about a half hour. None of the school could agree on the schedules and they were quick to reprimand the parents if you followed the wrong staff members instructions. The principal... don't even know how the principal was.

Hutchison Elementary School 3

Posted May 14, 2012
On a surprise visit to special education class. We were disappointed to see class teacher just relaxing in one corner and substitude was yawning. Children lying on the floor, another was sitting by folding his legs on the chair,hiding head in both knee. This incident was brought to the knowledge of young asst. Principal. God alone knows, what action was taken. You can imagine yourself and rate this school yourself. This may not be the only one incidence.//////////

Hutchison Elementary School 3

Posted August 28, 2011
There are very few teachers, they who do not want to give feed back to parents, even you send e-mails. They never reply. But they make big pump and show in class to advertise themselves and to impress the parents. They hide their weakness through out the year. Their capabilities are finally exposed in the children report cards. Teacher left the school for other country.

Hutchison Elementary School

Posted January 08, 2010
This is a great school. I have been a student of fcps, parent of students in the school system and an employee of fcps. In all my years and experience with fcps' many schools, this school is the one that has made the best impression on me. It has wonderful caring teachers, administrators and counselors. The children love the school and want to come to school. There are no status quo at this school and everyone is equal and accepted. My children loved this school far better than the other fcps schools that are regarded as better and higher ranking. My child's last school which had a ranking of '10' on your scale was a miserable experience for my children. Test scores and uppity neighborhoods do not make a school good. Yes, Hutchison does need to work on its ability to communicate and work with the non-english speaking parents.

Posted April 02, 2009
My son is going to Kindergarden this year. I am so excited for him, he has learned so much. Every day he comes home with something new he has learn. The teachers are caring, patient, and very knowledgable. He is doing great with reading and math is advance for a kindergardener.

Posted October 01, 2008
Hutchinson elementary school is a great school and most importantly the quality of teachers they have for Kindergarten through the second grades are superb.

Hutchison Elementary School
13209 Parcher Ave, Herndon, VA  20170
Last modified Hutchison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.