Posted August 30, 2014
Both my kids kindergarten teachers were amazing. I thought there was no way a teacher could be better than my son's kindergarten teacher who was retiring that year. But two years later my daughter went to kinder and got the replacement teacher, Mrs. Drake, who was the most attentive teacher. She used positive reinforcement to change my daughters behavior, who her pre-school teachers had been trying to but never succeeded. I was amazed at how much attention she gave my daughter but then I was even more amazed when I discovered that she had been doing the same for other students as well. All the parents I talk to only have good things to say about this school. I've never heard of any bullying issues, and the kids are academically challenged. Both my kids enjoy going to school each day because they like their classmates and their teachers.

Posted December 30, 2013
Great school with excellent before/after school activities. Many programs offered. Some of them are Math Olympiad, Science Olympiad, Science Fair, Science Place, Chess, Odyssey of Mind, Lego League, after-school sports etc. Excellent mix of academic and non-academic activities. Great PTA. Nice enthusiastic teachers. The area and families feeding into this school are outstanding.

Posted February 22, 2012
We moved to Herndon area last year and have been more than pleased with Floris school. Overall Fairfax county's curriculum itself is pretty solid. On top of that, the teachers that my kids have got so far have just been amazing!! The principal Ms. Porter is a very nice person to deal with and takes lot of interest in the school's activities. Every report card is personally signed by her with encouraging comments along with remarks for areas of improvement! I could not have been happier as they have great extracurricular activities like chess, science programs, Math Olympaid at such a large scale that, unlike other schools, almost no child is denied registration due to space issues. Moreover, the fees for these programs are also very reasonable. I would definitely recommend parents to consider this school as even the community has parents who are quite serious about academic achievements of their kids.

Posted September 26, 2011
My kids went here for just a short time in 1999-2000. My son was in second grade, he was later diagnosed with asperger's syndrome. The teacher kept saying he wasn't writing his paragraphs. It turns out he couldn't even write a sentence let alone a paragraph. She would never let him eat his snack like the other children because he didn't do his work. I can't tell you how angry that makes me.

Posted December 10, 2009

Posted June 01, 2009
I really love the school. Whenever I need help the teachers are there to help me with whatever I need. I love everything I can do there

Posted May 12, 2009

Posted March 23, 2009

Posted March 14, 2009
I was not pleased with floris. The teachers were not great and the education system was terrible. My adivice is to never send your child to a school like this.

Posted August 26, 2008
I love Floris. It is an excellent school with a very good school community. My experience with the teachers K-3 has been very good. The teachers were very attentive, responsive and the communication through BlackBoard is impressive. My son loves the school and refused to move to Oak Hill. Overall a A+.

Floris Elementary School
2708 Centreville Rd, Herndon, VA  20171
Last modified Floris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Floris Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top